New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    tnx for the info... will be reading this....

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    kung wala naman ng warranty yang altis mo, better have your PMS done outside the casa. madami din namang reputable shops na pwede mong pagdalhan. just keep on reading around and asking around whenever you feel something is not working properly in your car.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by harold13 View Post
    they would gladly take the job
    ... and your money.

The Altis I use is still under warranty until July 2010 but i have not taken it to the Toyota CASA after the 10K PMS (my mileage now is 43,000kms).

Change oil, clean air filter and change fuel filter - 5,000kms
    Change spark plugs, clean brakes, retorque suspension/underchassis bits, check belts - 10,000kms
    Change brake fluid, fuel filter and air filter - 20,000kms
    Change PS Fluid, tranny fluid, coolant - 40,000kms

So far the only item i've changed which could have been done under warranty was the brake rotors which warped but i opted to get a replacement set which set me back 3K. I noticed the stock rotors on this model had a tendency to warp since i encountered several units with the same problem thats why i also opted to get a non-OEM set instead.

I just let a suking mechanic do the PMS work under my assistance (semi-DIY actually) or go to Servitek and Petron.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    Speedyfix!!!! Better than casa. Just make sure you follow the 5k PMS even if your using fully synthetic oil due to "Black death" issue sa ZZ engines.

You can ask niky about it.
    Thanks sa info ser. What is ZZ engine? is that a type of engine? How will I know the type of a car's engine? Sensya na ser first time lng magka-auto.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
PMS for 2nd hand Toyota Altis