New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Hi all,
    I have come across a Toyota camry 2007 which has put 87k kms. I test drove the car and looks like while Acc. The car vibrates alot. Any idea what could this be? And any known faults on the 2007 camry? According to the seller, he just had a complete overhaul of all suspension parts..
    I Acc. The car from 10kms-40kms and there is alot of vibration and the whole car shakes

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by szekan View Post
    Hi all,
    I have come across a Toyota camry 2007 which has put 87k kms. I test drove the car and looks like while Acc. The car vibrates alot. Any idea what could this be? And any known faults on the 2007 camry? According to the seller, he just had a complete overhaul of all suspension parts..
    I Acc. The car from 10kms-40kms and there is alot of vibration and the whole car shakes
    if it vibrates, it could be engine mounts. but I suspect engine failure

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    whatever it is, seller does not seem interested in fixing it. probably because it's too expensive to fix and still make a profit?
    i'd walk away if i were me.
    ang dami diyang ibang choices na hindi nanginginig.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    How much is the guy asking for the car? If you have to fix something, there had better be a big discount.

A 2007 Toyota already having an overhaul? I wonder what he did to it. Overly high mileage? Flooded unit? Lemon unit? Normally I'd say engine and transmission supports are to blame for excessive vibration. I've had this in two different cars. But supports replacement is not that hard to do nor is it prohibitively expensive. If the owner had spent for an overhaul already, I suspect it is a deeper problem that he'd given up on solving.

Bottomline, look for a healthier car. 07 Camry's are rather inexpensive to acquire nowadays. Better to spend a little more on acquisition than to get repeating headaches throughout the car's stay with you.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    what's the car's RPM with AC on and off?
    does it still vibrate with the AC off?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    How much is the guy asking for the car? If you have to fix something, there had better be a big discount.

A 2007 Toyota already having an overhaul? I wonder what he did to it. Overly high mileage? Flooded unit? Lemon unit? Normally I'd say engine and transmission supports are to blame for excessive vibration. I've had this in two different cars. But supports replacement is not that hard to do nor is it prohibitively expensive. If the owner had spent for an overhaul already, I suspect it is a deeper problem that he'd given up on solving.

Bottomline, look for a healthier car. 07 Camry's are rather inexpensive to acquire nowadays. Better to spend a little more on acquisition than to get repeating headaches throughout the car's stay with you.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    I think yung overhaul according to the OP’s post is suspension overhaul, not engine overhaul, in other words bago mga pang ilalim

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    I have a 2010 model (practically the same model).

I was trying to understand the question, did you mean the car vibrates while (Acc.) accelerating?

base on what I know and experience:

common problem is the belt tensioner and resonator... not that it has problem, but rather its quite noisy.

I personally have the noisy resonator, (when i say noisy, its like metal parts vibrating) its bothersome, I guess the innards are already worn out... I know I can just change it for a fee, but I kinda learned to live with it, considering I have an old car, and used for Coding Days. I already have it checked, Toyota says, it wont leave me stranded...

The sound/vibrations is between 2.5K - 3.5K in the RPM, while accelerating

Another suspect from other Camry owners is the belt tensioner (again, it also sounds metal parts vibrating)...

Both are wear and tear issues... i only got the sound like 5 years after i got the car.

Just my 2 cents

BTW - when i say sound, its rather loud, like diesel loud, car will actually vibrate... like the engine is very rough.... but only when accelerating.