New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i'm planning to buy a super grandia old model, for family and school use. is it still a good van if ever me machambahan akong sariwa pa? mura ba ang pms?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Used to have one before (3.0L Super Grandia) and it was very comfortable and reliable. In fact, the interior and ride comfort is even better than the current Grandia if you ask me.

If it was properly maintained and never overheated, it is reliable. Just change all the fluids (PS, oil, gear, differential, brake, coolant) and belts (timing and engine belts) along with the filters when you get one to be sure. Performance-wise, it's not that fast but it can climb mountains and get you to your destination reliably. My only big gripe with it is that there's not much crash worthiness in that van so to speak.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, it is, meron pa parents ko and still running. Hinde na masyado nagagamit but they kept it cuz it's a people hauler. Pagsundo na lang Sa airport usually nagagamit. Balikbayan boxes Walang problema

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#retzing
    Last edited by shadow; October 29th, 2013 at 09:34 AM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Parahin ng anti-smoke belching group. Pero kung sa province mo gagamitin ok to.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Define super old?

My father in law has a 2001 model. Until now wala pa major problems mga wear and tear lang ng parts. Nilolong drive pa namin pag marami kami sa byahe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by likot View Post
    Parahin ng anti-smoke belching group. Pero kung sa province mo gagamitin ok to.
    Actually hindi siya mausok if you maintain it properly and give it a good hard, high rpm run every so often.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    We have a 2001 super grandia. Very reliable, very comfortable hindi matagtag, hindi mausok. 140k kms na natatakbo. Not fast but its not slow either. Medyo mahal lang mga orig na parts. Twice na kmi nagpalit ng front upper A-arms, once ng timing belt. Aircon twice na narepair.