New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Try mo maghanap ng Goodyear Servitek within your area. Usually kaya nila basic PMS jobs.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Try mo maghanap ng Goodyear Servitek within your area. Usually kaya nila basic PMS jobs.
    I think the nearest Goodyear Servitek in our place is in Imus, thought kasi they just do wheel alignment full service shop din pala sila. Havent seen a Bosch shop might drive around Molino to check this out. Thanks sa response guys

I think the nearest Goodyear Servitek in our place is in Imus, thought kasi they just do wheel alignment full service shop din pala sila. Havent seen a Bosch shop might drive around Molino to check this out. Thanks sa response guys

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my bottomline...
    if you know what needs to be done, and you are willing and able to mando mando the workers on how to do it, then you should have little problem outside the casa.
    but if you do not know what needs servicing and checking, you are probably better off in the casa..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my bottomline...
    if you know what needs to be done, and you are willing and able to mando mando the workers on how to do it, then you should have little problem outside the casa.
    but if you do not know what needs servicing and checking, you are probably better off in the casa..
    This i agree with!

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my bottomline...
    This i agree with!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    soon to be owner of innova j or e. still undecided kung alin pipiliin. kasi 100k+ difference nila. medyo tight ang budget. and ill go for DSL MT..

hmm san kaya magandang magpacasa dito sa batangas or sa calamba laguna after ng 1k and 5k warranty nila?

soon to be owner of innova j or e. still undecided kung alin pipiliin. kasi 100k+ difference nila. medyo tight ang budget. and ill go for DSL MT..

hmm san kaya magandang magpacasa dito sa batangas or sa calamba laguna after ng 1k and 5k warranty nila?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    It is that time of the year again. I usually have my PMS at 5,000kms which coincides at 6 months since last oil change.
    That last time I had my oil change, the odo was at around 15,000kms. I used Toyota Fully Synthetic oil then.
    Then I replaced the oil filter with Baldwin B229 (I think) at around 20,000kms using the same fully synthetic oil up to this writing.

For the 25,000kms PMS, I will shift back to mineral oil Delo Gold 15W-40. I want an oil that is easy to find here in LB, Laguna.
    Then I will give Baldwin BT223 a try (although I still have one B229 which is longer than the BT model). I am exploring changing my OCI to 4 months. So that will be 3x a year instead of 2. The vehicle usually log 10,000kms per year.

My Innova is suffering from the uneven tire wear at the front. SO I will have camber and caster alignment fixed again.

I'll have my front break pads checked because I hear some squeaking while breaking this morning.

I'll consult the owner's manual to see what needs to be inspected or replaced. I am thinking of the cabin filter and the air filter for the intake.

Change oil - prbably by myself
    Camber/caster alignment - Servitek

It is that time of the year again. I usually have my PMS at 5,000kms which coincides at 6 months since last oil change.
    That last time I had my oil change, the odo was at around 15,000kms. I used Toyota Fully Synthetic oil then.
    Then I replaced the oil filter with Baldwin B229 (I think) at around 20,000kms using the same fully synthetic oil up to this writing.

For the 25,000kms PMS, I will shift back to mineral oil Delo Gold 15W-40. I want an oil that is easy to find here in LB, Laguna.
    Then I will give Baldwin BT223 a try (although I still have one B229 which is longer than the BT model). I am exploring changing my OCI to 4 months. So that will be 3x a year instead of 2. The vehicle usually log 10,000kms per year.

My Innova is suffering from the uneven tire wear at the front. SO I will have camber and caster alignment fixed again.

I'll have my front break pads checked because I hear some squeaking while breaking this morning.

I'll consult the owner's manual to see what needs to be inspected or replaced. I am thinking of the cabin filter and the air filter for the intake.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Usually the cabin filter is cleaned every 10,000kms and replaced every 20,000kms. You may want to replace your fuel filter element too. Under normal circumstances, brake cleaning is okay every 10,000kms but if you brake heavily a lot or are often in stop and go traffic then you may want it opened and cleaned every 5,000kms. Mura lang naman. If your ride is also over 2 years you might want to flush your brake fluid.

Usually the cabin filter is cleaned every 10,000kms and replaced every 20,000kms. You may want to replace your fuel filter element too. Under normal circumstances, brake cleaning is okay every 10,000kms but if you brake heavily a lot or are often in stop and go traffic then you may want it opened and cleaned every 5,000kms. Mura lang naman. If your ride is also over 2 years you might want to flush your brake fluid.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Salamat sa mga tips vinj.

RE: FUEL FILTER, I am not too familiar with the fuel filter of the Innova D4D. Ours is the 2013 model diesel. Youtube says it is quite easy to replace and to reset the warning light afterwards. Now, where to buy the filter element?

Our Innova is quite underused (around 120kms per week lang) with minimal traffic encountered everyday. Use of brakes is quite normal also. No heavy braking needed for everyday use.

I'll lean more on cleaning the brakes muna the inspect the thickness for possible replacement.

RE: brake fluid flushing, can this be done outside casa considering the ABS in the front brakes. Anyway, the last time I checked, brake fluid is very much clear pa although the hygroscopic nature of the fluid means it is has water after 3 years.
    Last edited by Lew_Alcindor; June 26th, 2015 at 12:05 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Every 10k kms naman ako magpalit. Nasa P820 OEM fuel filter.

try mo itong link na to:

trinituner.com ? How to: Change the Fuel Filter in a Toyota Hilux (2005, up)

ginaya ko lang ito.

kapag bibili ka na ng filter, laging mong icheck kung kasama yung O-ring para sa canister. sabay sila pinapalitan ng fuel filter. set din sila kung bibilhin. (1 package).

try mo itong link na to:

http://www.trinituner.com/v3/forums/viewtopic.php?t=185256#

ginaya ko lang ito.

kapag bibili ka na ng filter, laging mong icheck kung kasama yung O-ring para sa canister. sabay sila pinapalitan ng fuel filter. set din sila kung bibilhin. (1 package).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Salamat sa mga tips vinj.

RE: FUEL FILTER, I am not too familiar with the fuel filter of the Innova D4D. Ours is the 2013 model diesel. Youtube says it is quite easy to replace and to reset the warning light afterwards. Now, where to buy the filter element?

Our Innova is quite underused (around 120kms per week lang) with minimal traffic encountered everyday. Use of brakes is quite normal also. No heavy braking needed for everyday use.

I'll lean more on cleaning the brakes muna the inspect the thickness for possible replacement.

RE: brake fluid flushing, can this be done outside casa considering the ABS in the front brakes. Anyway, the last time I checked, brake fluid is very much clear pa although the hygroscopic nature of the fluid means it is has water after 3 years.
    Brake flushing can be done at any shop or by your suking mekaniko. I usually flush and refill with Bendix DOT 3 or Prestone. It may look clear at the reservoir but there may be contamination at the lines and calipers already. This was the case with my coding car.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by innova2013 View Post

try mo itong link na to:

ginaya ko lang ito.

thanks! nakita ko nga sa youtube yung o-ring. btw, do you know the part number for the oil filter element of Innova 2013 (in case similar lang tayo)?

Brake flushing can be done at any shop or by your suking mekaniko. I usually flush and refill with Bendix DOT 3 or Prestone. It may look clear at the reservoir but there may be contamination at the lines and calipers already. This was the case with my coding car.
    Talaga? Kasi sa pag search ko sa googe, ABS is always a concern when changing brake fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by innova2013 View Post

try mo itong link na to:

ginaya ko lang ito.

thanks! nakita ko nga sa youtube yung o-ring. btw, do you know the part number for the oil filter element of Innova 2013 (in case similar lang tayo)?

Talaga? Kasi sa pag search ko sa googe, ABS is always a concern when changing brake fluid.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Non-CASA Maintained Innova (or any Toyota Vehicle)