New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    guys need help, i'm a new owner of a toyota innova g that we got last sept 28 of 2008, here's the problem, a while ago i was driving along aurora blvd at around 80 kph when suddenly a car zoomed across me he was just a couple of meters away, so i had to step on my breaks real hard.... when suddenly i felt some small vibration(which i believe was the ABS) but i heard some sort of snapping sound and a "shhhhhh" or a hissing sound and i belive i felt a snap.. after that i slowed down tested the breaks a couple of times and nothing's wrong with it.. when i got home i checked everything and there was no leak or anything and the break fluid level was still normal nor did it lower.. what do you think was wrong guys? thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    A violent noise does usually accompany ABS activation. Provided you did not hit anything on the road (ie. curb,potholes, etc...), I think these noises are normal as per my experience.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    thanks buddy, i kinda thought it was the abs at work, i reviewed the manual and it was indeed the abs.. the road was clear so i'm pretty sure i did not hit anything. thanks again.

Newbie here.. question about the 2008 toyota innova brakes..