For a daily people mover, I find this new Toyota product more practical.

The size is just enough. Bigger than an average car but not that big as a regular SUV. Those who will like this would be those moving away from sedans but not liking the enormity of a SUV.

FC is very much predictable since it is based on a V6 Camry. Thus, around 23 mpg average/89 oct per EPA estimates. My current ride gulps 17-18 mpg on 93 oct gas. I drive around 50 miles/average daily to and from work. This will save me 6 miles on the pump without let up to V6 performance.

My '03 G is an elegant ride but not practical for a daily transport. It brings me joy on the freeway but burns my hard earned greens more faster as well.

If this one drinks regular unleaded, drives no less than 23 miles to a gallon, provides V6 power, has luxurious amenities, has a SUV stance but rides like a sedan, lesser cost of ownership, etc.... I don't see why anyone would not get attracted to it. CUV variants are filling in the void (at least to some).

Mazda CX-7 and 9 uses premium gasoline. Not much of a good choice right now as gas prices are trying to break the $4/gallon barrier.

I'm starting to sound like a fanboi already hehehe...

Peace