New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Innova's current already torquey 2KD-FTV engine has max power of 102ps and max torque of 200nm when naturally aspirated, then 118ps if intercooled, and rumored to be 144ps and 260nmn if equipped with VNT.

Here's the wiki, take note of the last line regarding the sixth generation Kijang:

Toyota KD engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is another wiki:

Toyota Kijang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hope Toyota will finally include it's already existing VNT technology of Fortuner's 2.5 D4-D 2KD-FTV diesel engine to Innova!

Toyota Philippines, if you're listening!

I'm still one of those Revo users who are still reluctant in upgrading to an Innova. Yes, interior looks nice and more refined, but the exterior seems too cylindrical. Yes, I really appreciate your Innova face lift efforts this year 2012 by adding more edges, it made it more elegant and sporty, truly a smart move, BUT if you would make the new generation Innova's design closer to the modern look of the 2012 Toyota Wish, add a bit more 3rd row space, and have its 2KD-FTV engine equipped with VNT, then take my money!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    boss ilabas kaya dito sa pinas yan VNT innova ? baka kasi mawalan ng sales ang fortuner kasi same lang sila ng interior , engine syempre yung iba kasi kung saan makakamura dun sila .

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Meron sa indonesia forums gumawa ng monster innova,

300hp & 600Nm of torque. Same engine, 2KD-FTV.

Hindi ko lang sure kung anong modifications ginawa. Di ko rin sure kung VNT.

Pero maganda yan kung VNT. 260Nm of torque? From an Innova? What more can you ask for!

*jrn: Meron pa rin bibili ng Fortuner. Una kasi image-wise talong talo Innova vs. Fortuner. Second, ground clearance & yung offroad capability.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    TMPI is not going to launch anything that hasn't been launched in other ASEAN countries.

If Thailand and Indonesia does not get a 2KD-FTV VNT in their Innova then most certainly we won't also.

I don't think Toyota can simply slap a hood scoop on the Innova's hood. A 2KD-FTV VNT in an Innova would require some kind of costly engineering modification to accomodate the turbo intercooler.

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Innova and Fortuner should not eat each other's market. The only common thing on the two aside from the engine model and Toyota name, is the 7-seating capacity. But this similarity doesn't make Innova an off-road mid-size SUV or Fortuner a city 7-seater MPV. They are supposed to have different market.

Philippines is quite a special place where can-afford people buy SUV just for the prestige of an SUV, but the usage is purely city use, and they use their Fortuner as a family van, while complaining about its ladder-frame and off-road-capable/heavy-hauling-capable suspension's stiff ride, and cramped 3rd row. That's why Innova is there, it is for those who needs comfort and seating capacity more than stance and toughness for city daily driving. For me, its cheaper and more practical if it's just driving on asphalt roads in and out of the metropolis. But for off-roading, Fortuner is worth the extra cash, its terrain and cargo versatility cannot be matched by an Innova or any other MPV, since its made for this category.

I don't think there is a need to attach a hood scoop to turbocharge an engine. I agree that the turbo intercooler system's design will vary from that from the Hilux and Fortuner since those two depend on the hood scoop. The modification may entail extra cost but its very possible, since other turbocharged diesel do not need a hood scoop, such as Hyundai's Revgt and Mitsubishi's 4D56 VGT.

This is just a wish list for me. If this is nicely done, this new Innova may even eat up some sales of Santa Fe, for those consumers who want a high performance family car for daily city use, just like Grandis but instead with a diesel engine.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    You can't expect Toyota to give you so much. Remember even with the regular D4d engine, it is way ahead of prehistoric Adventure and much more ahead of the rhino Crosswind. :D

If you're Toyota, why would you upgrade it to VNT then? It might only catapult sales cannibalization from Fortuner 2.5 VNT.

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    You can't expect Toyota to give you so much. Remember even with the regular D4d engine, it is way ahead of prehistoric Adventure and much more ahead of the rhino Crosswind. :D

If you're Toyota, why would you upgrade it to VNT then? It might only catapult sales cannibalization from Fortuner 2.5 VNT.

I pretty much agree! Its just a wishful thinking for me for Toyota to squeeze more juice in that 2.5 liter diesel engine

I heard that the gas variant is under-powered and gas-thirsty, and I can feel the pain given that I'm a currently a Revo 1.8 Gas owner, that's why I plan to switch to an Innova diesel soon. Whats keeping me from switching right now is first the exterior design, which I feel can further improve, and 2nd is the engine, which I feel can slightly improve to produce at least 125hp and at least 250nm torque for M/T.

Then again, I understand that Toyota has little incentive to do this, given that it may do more harm than good. I'm just thinking that in other countries, MPVs like Toyota Wish and Mitsubishi Grandis are quite selling, which are both more powerful compared to Innova in terms of performance. I hope we could get something similar here, as in a smaller and cheaper version of Previa.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    sana unahin nila yung hiace bago innova. mas kailangan ng hiace ang upgrade

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverspitz View Post
    I pretty much agree! Its just a wishful thinking for me for Toyota to squeeze more juice in that 2.5 liter diesel engine

I heard that the gas variant is under-powered and gas-thirsty, and I can feel the pain given that I'm a currently a Revo 1.8 Gas owner, that's why I plan to switch to an Innova diesel soon. Whats keeping me from switching right now is first the exterior design, which I feel can further improve, and 2nd is the engine, which I feel can slightly improve to produce at least 125hp and at least 250nm torque for M/T.

Then again, I understand that Toyota has little incentive to do this, given that it may do more harm than good. I'm just thinking that in other countries, MPVs like Toyota Wish and Mitsubishi Grandis are quite selling, which are both more powerful compared to Innova in terms of performance. I hope we could get something similar here, as in a smaller and cheaper version of Previa.
    I drive a 2.0 gas fed Innova manual, I beg to disagree about the underpowered thingy. It can swallow industrial sprockets I haul and other heavy steel stuffs, fully laden and it still zips. I average about 8km/l on an average and about 9km/l on finer days. It can zoom past 180km/h in a very stable manner. Will spank any D4d Innova on the road. (<-- I've tried that)

10. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    I drive a 2.0 gas fed Innova manual, I beg to disagree about the underpowered thingy. It can swallow industrial sprockets I haul and other heavy steel stuffs, fully laden and it still zips. I average about 8km/l on an average and about 9km/l on finer days. It can zoom past 180km/h in a very stable manner. Will spank any D4d Innova on the road. (<-- I've tried that)
    Wow, that is so nice, thanks so much for your testimonial regarding your ride. That's good news for me, at least I now have more options and not just diesel engines. If it's that "powered", I actually don't mind the extra gas expense.

In my case, my 1.8 Revo is really under-powered, can hardly accelerate when I need to do prompt overtakes, not as torquey as vvt-i powered toyota sedans, the 1st gear has a low speed range, all gears need to shift earlier compared to other vehicles I drove just to prevent the engine from over revving, and the 5th gear can barely go over 120 km/h without a screaming engine, it thinks it is just a bit pass 3500 rpm at this point.

My fuel consumption is just 6-7 km/l on average, 5 km/l on bad traffic days, note that in the city I shift as soon as I get 2k rpm.

8 km/l for me is not much an improvement, if the performance is just as poor, but if its really as good as you said, then its more than good enough for me. =)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast