New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    The 2006 Suzuki XL-7 actually crossed my mind. Would anyone know if this model came into the Philippine market? Cons will probably include aftermarket service/parts. It would also be very nice if the folks at Mutsubishi will come out with an SUV 7-seater model based out of the new Strada platform then price it a little bit lower than the Fortuner just like what they are doing now with the Hi-lux. That, I would think will definitely eat into the Toyota market. I only wish Mitsubishi management had the foresight to anticipate the changing market needs. Just thinking out loud.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This was the only XL7 that was sold locally:

The latest model is derived from the GM Theta platform which also underpins the Chevy Equinox and is intended for the US domestic market.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the GenIII Paj at PHP1.5M is worth looking at. Makikita mo naman sa condition niya kung laspag na or hindi... interior palang will speak how it was used.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    id get the 1.5m GEN3 Pajero! either the DID or the v6 u cant go wrong.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Medyo mura ata yung Gen 3?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Kung may pera lang ako pambili ng ganyang ride i'd go for the fortuner ang lakas ng dating sakin ng fortuner eh! ang gwapo! black fortuner with no tints tapos 22" bling bling rims!!!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    uhmm.. parang maganda vibes ko sa paj.. paj vote ko second sorento third fortuner..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006

The Diamond-like shape eyes are just hawt!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i saw the new white grand vitara side by side with a new white fortuner sa metrowalk. konte lang difference nila sa body size, pero mas mataas talaga fortuner.

but, ano ba ito grand vitara? gas guzzler ba ito?

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RPG View Post
    Hello Tsikoters - I am new to this forum. I have been browsing this forum and found the threads very informative. Need to seek your advice.

I am in the market for a mid-size SUV with a budget in the range of 1M-1.3M. Will use it for daily commute and occasional out-of-town trips. 4x4 will be a nice to have. I have sort of narrowed my choice (after reading thru your discussions in the Fortuner threads) and go for a brand new Fortuner VVT G variant (despite its shortcomings I still view it as the best value for my money). However I browsed thru the Sunday Manila Bulletin ads and came across quite a fewl 2nd hand SUVs at competetive prices. My choices therefore expanded to include (in order of priority):

#1 2006 Toyota Fortuner VVT Gas P1.353M
    #2 2003 Mitsubishi Gen3 Pajero Diesel P1.5M
    #3 2002 Nissan Patrol 3.0 TDI Diesel P975K
    #4 2003 Isuzu Trooper Skyroof Diesel P950K

The Gen3 Pajero is my dream SUV but I just find the price too high for a pre-owned. The Patrol is a full size SUV and price is attractive but I do not know much about Nissan quality and reliability. The Trooper too is nicely priced and engine performance is great but the looks and body design is very much outdated.

If you were in my shoes which SUV will you go for ?

I would very much appreciate your views. I need to hear a different perspective so I can have a more informed/balanced decision.

Hope you can help me out.
    May nakita ako sa Carfinder section Forsale na 2004 Montero Manual Diesel parang mas ok ito sa Fortuner Vvti. IMHO

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
New Fortuner or 2nd hand SUV ?