New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Get a Sorento instead

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Yes I'm defniitely taking my sweet time. Am not in a hurry to spend 1.3M. It will be good to keep our Toyota Fortuner dealers waiting ... for a change. My dealer asked when I am making a downpayment since they have an available unit ready for delivery. I told her I'm considering other options at this point and will get back to her in a few week's time.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sa panahon ngaun if you're going to spend over 1M sa diesel SUV, you should carefully consider a CRDi engine. or else, para mo na din pinarusahan sarili mo for the next 3-5 years of keeping that non-CRDi vehicle. in 3-5 years, mas lalo pa sisikip mga daan. manueverability and convenient driving will be a necessity.

a lot of people sold their FMs, Troopers to buy Fortuners, kasi ang gaan talaga. pero kung di-driver ka naman, get the Gen3 or the Patrol.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'd go for the Pajero. tho i'm a toyota fan, the 2nd hand pajero seems to have good value. of course, try haggling. also have a look at the condition of this pre-owned unit.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Abang ka din ng promo or discount deal with the dealers. Toyota comes out with those from time to time... another consideration when getting a brand new at this time of the year is malapit na rin mag 2007 and sometimes people hesitate since the model year of their car will be one year older soon.

With second hand, sometimes it just falls on your lap if you wait and look around; before i was able to find a 2005 Patrol 4x4 m/t for my Tito with only 300kms on the odo, no plate number yet, and with factory plastic intact for 1.8M (around 400K off from the showroom price)... pwede na rin.

Test drive the cars you're considering and go where your budget and driving taste leads you.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Get a Sorento instead
    dont get me wrong, i like the Sorento but if i'll be making a purchase as an investment, i wouldnt want to suffer first about the car's resale. in this case, pwede na mag-preowned sa mga Koreans but for Japs especially ang Fortuner na mabenta ngayun Ok talaga ang Bnew na ang kunin mo. another plus pa ang pagiging 1st owner mo kung sakaling gusto mo na ibenta yung sasakyan.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Investments are for things you intend to earn off from. Cars are not one of them unless its a rare model Ferrari (i.e. buying an Enzo F1 for $600K and selling it for $2M)

Cars are classified as an expense that's why i dont think about resale that much. If you're gonna use the car for 3yrs or so, then i guess its ok. You should be more focused on the experience with the said car while its still in your possession.

Fortuner is ok though but Sorento is far better.

Add to that, Sorento is a US model and its CRDi engine never failed.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I were you... I'd seriously consider the Kia Sorento.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Weigh your options carefully. Brand new or second hand is not a major issue esp if you are inclined to spend 1.3m. Sometimes your exp with after sales service for some dealers ay mas mahirap pa compare sa magpaayos ng second hand.

Better to have all your choices tested, checked and from there you can follow your instincts. Most of the time, unexpected defects are easily covered with how much you like your acquired car.

Minsan kasi makabili ka ng car na hindi mo gaanong gusto at may nakita kang defect. Nakaw,- ang tindi ng pagsisisi mo. So, gud luck dude!...

Buying car is not an investment.- It's an expenses.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    how about a suzuki grand vitara?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
New Fortuner or 2nd hand SUV ?