New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Go with kung san pinakakonting cash out after all the discounts.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    yung 40k discount mo kasi is ikaw naman ang magbabayad ng insurance and CMF so kung tig-20k, ganun din. may 20k discount kasi ang altis nung nabili ko tapos binigay na libre yung CMF kasi in-house financing. so yung 20k discount, parang yun ang pinambayad ko sa insurance. bottom line is ang perang nilabas ko is 20% lang ng SRP.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Thanks for the feedback guys! Actually computation ko, more than 20k nga yung freebies nya sa akin, so ok na pero i'll try to haggle na gawing 30k yung disc then go na ako to buy. Malay mo, ibigay sa akin e di super happy! =)
    Sana magawan ng paraan nung dealer to add 10k disc.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    hello! need your help again.. I decided to but na Altis 1.6E instead of Vios 1.5G kase in terms of monthly amortization, P1245.00 lang ang difference nya.

Sa altis 1.6E Free 1 yr comprehensive insurance, 3yrs LTO, 3yrs TPL, 3M tint and 3M matting. SRP 784K.

Sa Vios 1.5G, what i got is the same freebies plus 15k discount but 3M tint only. SRP 750K

Do you think its a good buy if I pick Altis? Naprepresure kase ako kase yung offer sa akin is good lang daw for this month. Pwede daw maging lower or better ang offer. If I go naman sa vios, everything is set na pero im considering altis kase a few pesos na lang naka altis ka na. By the way, yung sa vios, may available unit na sa color na gusto ko while sa Altis, second week of OCtober pa.

Yung sa bank ko, by next week meron ng P.O. Tama ba na if altis ang bibilhin ko e, magclose na ako ng deal sa bank at bayaran na nila ang toyota for the altis even if di pa available ang unit? First time ko kase bibili ng car so I really dont know the rules here and what is appropriate. Ayoko naman na maloko ako...

If you'll ask kung ano ba ang purpose ko to buy a car, its to replace the super old car that our family have. Since babayaran ko yung bibilhin for the next four years, i wanted to have a good car. I know vios is good but there are so many vios in EDSA, kaya im considering altis, just because comparing the amortization that i would be paying, the diference is minimal.

Apoloigies if medyo mahaba ang post. I just wanted to write everything in one go. I hope i could get feedbacks. Thanks in advance!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rovee View Post
    hello! need your help again.. I decided to but na Altis 1.6E instead of Vios 1.5G kase in terms of monthly amortization, P1245.00 lang ang difference nya.

Sa altis 1.6E Free 1 yr comprehensive insurance, 3yrs LTO, 3yrs TPL, 3M tint and 3M matting. SRP 784K.

Sa Vios 1.5G, what i got is the same freebies plus 15k discount but 3M tint only. SRP 750K

Do you think its a good buy if I pick Altis? Naprepresure kase ako kase yung offer sa akin is good lang daw for this month. Pwede daw maging lower or better ang offer. If I go naman sa vios, everything is set na pero im considering altis kase a few pesos na lang naka altis ka na. By the way, yung sa vios, may available unit na sa color na gusto ko while sa Altis, second week of OCtober pa.

Yung sa bank ko, by next week meron ng P.O. Tama ba na if altis ang bibilhin ko e, magclose na ako ng deal sa bank at bayaran na nila ang toyota for the altis even if di pa available ang unit? First time ko kase bibili ng car so I really dont know the rules here and what is appropriate. Ayoko naman na maloko ako...

If you'll ask kung ano ba ang purpose ko to buy a car, its to replace the super old car that our family have. Since babayaran ko yung bibilhin for the next four years, i wanted to have a good car. I know vios is good but there are so many vios in EDSA, kaya im considering altis, just because comparing the amortization that i would be paying, the diference is minimal.

Apoloigies if medyo mahaba ang post. I just wanted to write everything in one go. I hope i could get feedbacks. Thanks in advance!
    I think your decision would also depend on the d/p or initial cash outlay, and your intended use of the vehicle. Vios and Corolla are in two different classes, each with their intended purpose, advantage and disadvantage.

I acquired a Vios last month, because of the ongoing low-d/p promo. I actually thought super ridiculously low ang d/p na binayad ko, I should've bought a brand new car three years ago instead of 2nd hand! I have a growing family, but the kids are still small, so pwede pa ang Vios. They actually wanted an Altis, but it's not included in the promo, so the initial cash outlay is quite steep, compared to the Vios.

I read that the current Vios and current Altis are almost the same in terms of interior/cabin space (except perhaps for the driver/front passenger legroom).

As for the advantages:

Vios: Better fuel economy, easier to drive and park around the city, faster (because of power-to-weight ratio), and features (because it's a "G").

Altis: Bigger, larger trunk space, more comfortable ride, more "prestige"

And the disadvantages:

Vios: Less comfy ride because of the shorter wheelbase, lower crash protection rating, quite common on the road (although the "G" variant is arguably not so common).

Altis: Potentially slower due to weight, higher fuel consumption, "barebones" Altis model, possibly significantly more expensive due to initial cash-out.

But for me, if you can afford the Altis, then go for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
new car freebies