New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    4x4's share the Fortuner bolt pattern.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    it seems that the transformation of my pick-up into a G 4x4 form is not a practical choice for most tsikoteers, therefore if you have 250k what would you do to make it look rugged enough for other people to think that its an off-roader use and not as the base model of hilux. And if you have an estimated price breakdown would be a great help. thanks

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut
    it seems that the transformation of my pick-up into a G 4x4 form is not a practical choice for most tsikoteers, therefore if you have 250k what would you do to make it look rugged enough for other people to think that its an off-roader use and not as the base model of hilux. And if you have an estimated price breakdown would be a great help. thanks
    Definitely

1.) change the stock steel rims into....(you choice fill in the blanks)
    2.) Paint the front bumper into body color (for me I'm ok with the stock gray look)
    3.) Paint the front grille into body color. Add chrome inserts if desired.
    4.) Add chrome shell on side mirrors. (if you desire bling)
    3.) Add a chrome-like rear bumper. (Again if you desire bling)

But one thing you can escape is that the unit would always look like a "J" no more what even with extensive cosmetic modificiations, since the color white is often associated with this variant. Higher end variants that I see are usually in grayish brown metallic, silver metallic or black mica.

But for me the picture below still shows the best modification you can do with your J. Other countries like South Africa are lucky enough to have a higher ground clearance "J"-like variant. Maybe someday when you can find surplus parts from wrecked or junked HiLux 4x4s, you can proceed with the body lift and meatier stock toyota tires.

Last edited by number001; August 5th, 2006 at 05:49 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just keep it clean and looking new. It's a utility model and it has a certain charm about it (just ask me, vinj, or kimpOy, we have a thing for 'utility' models).

Concentrate on functional bits like a bedliner, rear bumper. If Toyota can install it, the OEM third brake lamp and fog lamps are useful additions.

Alloy wheels for a nicer appearance (Innova wheels will keep the Toyota family look while improving appearance).

Don't get too crazy on accessories, too much and you will look 'pampasada'. Too much borloloy will also make your vehicle age prematurely. Madali kasi malaos ang mga accessories unless they are functional items.

Besides, its usually the utility models that actually get used off-road. You don't want to look like a 'poser', do you?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    I recently saw a Hi-Lux "J" with '06 Rav4 wheels and tires. Looks like compatibility is not a problem this time since both being 5 lug nuts. The upgrade made the Hi-Lux look better and ride higher.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Palit tires and rims lang, tapos pabody color yung ibang parts. Ok na siguro ito.

7. Join Date
    May 2005

I saw an imported Hi-lux that looked exactly like the picture above. The Hi-Lux belonged to a UN agency and has diplomatic plates on. The rear pick-up is like of Hi-lux past with large bold TOYOTA emblazoned on the rear cargo door.

What a waste, they should have sold this kind of basic Hi-Lux here as well as with the 3.0li D4-D (even in 4x2 format would be fine).

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Ang problema kasi sa 4x2 Toyota Hilux is hinde parehas sa 4x4, tinitipid nila. Dapat yan kahit 4x2 siya dapat same ang holes nya sa 4x4.

Biro mo ang 4x2 is same naman ang body nya sa 4x4. Yung 4x2, ang holes nang mags nya is 5 holes, parang mags pa nang car ang ginamit. Hinde siya match.

Tama suggestions nang iba, palit ka nang mags and bigtires.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    sir juggernaut-- i suggest not to alter the suspension ng hi lux mo.. tama mga sinabi ng mga nagpost ng thread d2... maganda nga porma ng hilux mo but compromised naman ride.. the 4x2 hi lux is not patterned after the 4x4 not like the dmax... benta mo nalng iyong hilux and get a dmax 4x2.... hehehehehe....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just saw 3 units of hilux J today. palit lang ng mags n tires. painted the front bumper white. ayos na! porma na at malinis pa tignan. hindi na mukang company car.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Need help for my hilux j transform into a 4x4 look