New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    pre,

wag mo ng galawin ang suspension mo. it's better to leave that way. learn from us. 1994 isuzu pick up ko dati tinaas ko rin (camber). then fitted the car with mickey thompson. hayun, pangit ang kain ng thread ng gulong ko. and also suspension ko lging my tunog na "tok". ndali n pla ng joints ng suspension ko. also ngsuffer din ung clutch and acceleration and mileage.. I advise you jus buy chromed mags 16" and also ugn goma but hindi nman ung msyading lo profile. also change the fender flares. carryboy meron nun and material used is superb..

2. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    I tried to raise my dmax and I did not like it. After only a day, I returned back to the shop and restored it back to stock form. Simple lang yun ginawa ko - bigger tires, longer front shocks and added some shackles but I did not like the end result. I could not drive as fast and ride was not comfortable.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe you didn't shave the bumpstops?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Dmax
    pre,

wag mo ng galawin ang suspension mo. it's better to leave that way. learn from us. 1994 isuzu pick up ko dati tinaas ko rin (camber). then fitted the car with mickey thompson. hayun, pangit ang kain ng thread ng gulong ko. and also suspension ko lging my tunog na "tok". ndali n pla ng joints ng suspension ko. also ngsuffer din ung clutch and acceleration and mileage.. I advise you jus buy chromed mags 16" and also ugn goma but hindi nman ung msyading lo profile. also change the fender flares. carryboy meron nun and material used is superb..
    boss, iwas lang po tayo sa 'txt' speech. medyo mahirap basahin e.

peace.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    *juggernaut

This how your Hi-Lux "J" would look like if you somehow managed to do the body lift.

Even without the fender flares and other blings, it looks quite nice and ready for an off-road (but lets not get carried away..he he he)

To achieve that look, just...

1) Lift body
    2) Add bigger wheels (preferrably Fortuner wheels and Bridgestone Dueler 840 for P30K)
    3. Add mudguards.

Astig na yan!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yan ang gusto kong porma ng pick up. Walang bling bling. Sort of like the Mitsu Strada GLX

Function over porma.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

agree with most of the posters, don't lift it, just add some meaty All Terrain tires, maybe upsize your rims to 16", fender flares are deadweight IMO but its subjective. And maybe paint your bumpers.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    ayaw mo ng pormang lowrider? hehehe just like this one... looks cool

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I would like to repeat this again.

Fortuner and Hi-lux 4wd rims wont fit the 2wd Hi-lux J. they have different bolt patterns. so even if you put mags in it, it will not look like a 4wd due to the bolt pattern parang L-300.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB
    I would like to repeat this again.

Fortuner and Hi-lux 4wd rims wont fit the 2wd Hi-lux J. they have different bolt patterns. so even if you put mags in it, it will not look like a 4wd due to the bolt pattern parang L-300.
    Is this only for the 4x2 Hi-Lux J? I have seen 4x4 Hi-Lux sporting Fortuner wheels.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Need help for my hilux j transform into a 4x4 look