New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Hello! my father wants to buy a second hand car sana. Budget is around 250k to 280k, 300 at most pero I doubt.

Anyway, the car he's leaning towards to is a 2006 Corolla Altis 1.8G.

The one we scheduled a meeting with, priced the car at 288k (neg)

But we're trying to decide between that and a 2nd gen CRV.

My sister's friend's friend, is selling his for 260k. CRV 2004.

Ford Focus 2007
    This basically scratched off since mahal daw ang parts ng Ford. I was saddened, kasi ang pogi ng car.

My questions are:

Yung 1.8L ba for the Altis as in malakas sa gas? If Compared to the others such as 1.6, and 1.5, pretty sure mas malakas. Pero, sobrang mapapagastos ba? Meron ba kayo idea what's the FC? Also, meron bang issues with the car?

For the CRV, malakas din ba sa gas? I have a friend who drives one, and he told me 500 pesos for two days. Cubao to UST lang. That's kinda mahal for me.

And which car has more expensive/harder to find parts?

Do you have tips for a first time buyer of a second hand vehicle? Alam ko dapat magdala ng mechanic, anyone you can recommend? We don't know anyone eh.

Sorry kung madami qs. Thanks all! I'll appreciate your answers.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    you can never go wrong with the altis (E120). it didnt age well but they are built to run until the world ends.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Don't expect excellent fuel efficiency for any car of that generation.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    a toyota is the default brand to consider. there's the reputation for good build, easy service-ability, plentiful and cheaper parts, etc.. ...is also the reason why toyotas command a higher re-sale value than the rest.
    yes, i would expect the 1.8 to be more fuel-hungry than the 1.6. so why is he eyeing the 1.8 ? you can browse the internet for car reviews and such... just to see what other folks think of the car.
    a (ugh!, if some critics are to be heard) sentra might also be a consideration. i used to own a '97 model, and i really didn't see why some folks consider them as "inferior" to toyota.. but that's just me..
    crv? some older folks shun them, because it's not as easy to get in and out of.. mataas kasi. and the engine is at least 2.0 or 2.5.. so expect more fuel hunger.
    fuel in-efficiency? hey, you already bought it cheap, compared to buying a brand new unit... a 2003 lancer cvt would guzzle gas, but its passenger ergonomics is nice. parang naka-upo sa sofa ang pasahero sa likod. i used to own one.
    happy hunting.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 20th, 2015 at 09:05 AM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Mazda 3 2.0.

Has more features than any car in its price range - automatic climate control, moon roof, auto headlights, rain sensing wipers, leather seats, HID, and so on.

Most fun to drive, and IMO, best looking among all the cars in that price range. Great performance too with consistent power across the entire rev range.

Drawbacks? Fuel efficiency is 5-6 km/L in moderate to heavy traffic (Makati to Pasig rush hour). Parts are easy to find, but aren't as cheap as a Toyota for uncommon items. But for simple items like filters, it's roughly the same as a Toyota.

9th gen Altis (2001-2007) looks very old. If all you want is an efficient car that's cheap to maintain, just get a Vios. It also looks old and cheap, but at least it's not a gas guzzler and is actually cheaper than an Altis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Mazda 3 2.0.

Has more features than any car in its price range - automatic climate control, moon roof, auto headlights, rain sensing wipers, leather seats, HID, and so on.

Most fun to drive, and IMO, best looking among all the cars in that price range. Great performance too with consistent power across the entire rev range.

Drawbacks? Fuel efficiency is 5-6 km/L in moderate to heavy traffic (Makati to Pasig rush hour). Parts are easy to find, but aren't as cheap as a Toyota for uncommon items. But for simple items like filters, it's roughly the same as a Toyota.

9th gen Altis (2001-2007) looks very old. If all you want is an efficient car that's cheap to maintain, just get a Vios. It also looks old and cheap, but at least it's not a gas guzzler and is actually cheaper than an Altis.

Bro, what year models of 3 has the moonroof? Thanks!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mazda 3 2.0.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlestar View Post

2004 until current. All 2.0 Mazda 3s have moonroofs.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009

Thanks

Too short daw

Thanks

Too short daw