New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    hi guys,

i know there is no better way to ask for advice but here in a forum full of toyota car enthusiast... i will get a salary loan next month and will but a toyota corolla, big body design, ito kasi yun gusto ko na body at ang dami nag advice sa akin kung 2nd hand car i have to go for toyota kasi kahit sa palengke daw meron available na parts (siyempre exageration na lang ito) just to say na madalo hanapin ang parts.. my budget is 120k maximum na yun, ang dami ko na nakita na post and ads sa internet. autolink.. sulit.com etc, etc... this will be my first car and here are my following questions..

1. is this a good buy?
    2. ang dami ko nakikita na model na naka ads like xe, cl, or gl.. what is the best na pinakamura dito sa mga models?
    3. pano po ba ang process kung ako ang 2nd or 3rd owner ng car.. (process for paper works.. for example malilipat ko ba sa name ko yun car?
    4. Insurance.. kahit po luma na gusto ko mag invest sa insurance para na din sa akin as a new driver.. meron pa ba tatangap nito for insurance..
    5. ex taxi? sakit lang ba ng ulo?
    6. i am here in muntinlupa, dami ba mga pwede bilihan ng mga parts dito..
    7. i will use it only for 10km (balikan na) everyday, muntinlupa to alabang (work area) ok na po ba yun 1 liter everyday?
    8.dami ba mga nanloloko sa mga ads sa buy and sell?
    9. is it ok to buy from an agent?
    10 Paano ba malalaman kung ok pa ang makina?

thank you very much sa mga mag rereply at magbibigay ng advice.. i know one time naging newbie naman po lahat.. at salamat sa tsikot.com.. big help sa mga tao.. more power

mar

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Kung ako tatanungin dun ako sa 1.6gli kasi EFI na yun...yung bayaw ko merong xl at gli kaya naikumpara ko na sa fuel consumption ng dalawa halos pareho lang kung minsan mataas pa ng konte yung xl dahil sa carb type siguro na the more mo paingayin tambutso mo the more na mas malakas yung fuel mo at yung gli eh efi so kontrolado niya pasok ng fuel...kung repair and parts naman mas mahal yung gli kasi mas kumplikado ung makina compare sa xl at xe...dun ko din lang natutunan yun sa senior mechanic namin siya kasi nagaalaga ng mga sasakyan namin ever since....kung power ang gusto mo 1.6 ka sir hindi ka mapapahiya dun kasi sa 1.3 parang medyo bitin na sa power..para sakin lang yun ha!! pero kung ano yung talagang nagustuhan mo dun ka.. (The driver don't pick their car,The car pick their driver...) hehe!!! Goodluck na lang sayo sir....Happy ride!!!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    hi guys,

1. is this a good buy? Bigbody Corolla? YES. Some say this Corolla body was "over engineered" -- then that should be good.

2. ang dami ko nakikita na model na naka ads like xe, cl, or gl.. what is the best na pinakamura dito sa mga models? The top variant is the GLi (1.6L), then XE (1.3L) and the XL (1.3L). Personally, I would choose the XE. Best compromise since it has a 1.3L engine (very economical) with standard amenities like Tachometer, Power windows, etc.

3. pano po ba ang process kung ako ang 2nd or 3rd owner ng car.. (process for paper works.. for example malilipat ko ba sa name ko yun car? Of course. Just make sure that whoever's name is indicated in the Certificate of Registration (CR), he should be the one to execute the Deed of Absolute Sale. Ask for a photocopy of his license, and his specimen signature.

4. Insurance.. kahit po luma na gusto ko mag invest sa insurance para na din sa akin as a new driver.. meron pa ba tatangap nito for insurance. Yes, you can still have the car insured. If you can buy a bigbody Corolla for 120k, then use 150k figure as the basis to cover the car's insurance.

5. ex taxi? sakit lang ba ng ulo? No brainer, YES! That is why I would recommend that you get the XE variant for most of the taxis are the XL variant.

6. i am here in muntinlupa, dami ba mga pwede bilihan ng mga parts dito. Yes.

7. i will use it only for 10km (balikan na) everyday, muntinlupa to alabang (work area) ok na po ba yun 1 liter everyday? Technically, YES. But I would not encourage you to literally load 1 liter everyday. Avoid letting the level of fuel reach empty. Deposits may enter your fuel lines.

8.dami ba mga nanloloko sa mga ads sa buy and sell? Yes. But not all are. Best if you could purchase from a direct seller.

9. is it ok to buy from an agent? Hmmm, pwede rin basta trust-worthy. (Refer to my reply at #8)

10 Paano ba malalaman kung ok pa ang makina? Hmmm, best that you bring a trusted and knowledgeable technician to check the car for you.

Good luck!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I own 2 1993 GLI big body Corolla. Both are over 100,000 kilometers on the odometer. But we have not dispose them because they are so reliable. Of course, both cars have underwent repairs to the suspension, airconditioning, radiators and the like.

It s a good a car to have. And parts are not hard to find.

Unless you will be getting a good unit, I will not recommend it. Why, for a decade old car it will be logging in high mileage by now. Dapat maalaga talaga owner to keep it in prim condition.

You might be better if you will be getting a Sentra. With your budget you might get a latter year model (than the 93-97 big body) as Nissans have low resale value. Good for secondhand buyers.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Benzmizer HI,

i really appreciate you taking time to answer those questions.. thanks ulit.. ayoko na kasi mag commute.. i am working in a call center 12 mid night pasok ko at delikado kasi.. so bili na lang ako ng second hand car.. thanks ulit, sana marami ka pa matulungan.. God Bless..

mar

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by supermario View Post
    Benzmizer HI,

i really appreciate you taking time to answer those questions.. thanks ulit.. ayoko na kasi mag commute.. i am working in a call center 12 mid night pasok ko at delikado kasi.. so bili na lang ako ng second hand car.. thanks ulit, sana marami ka pa matulungan.. God Bless..

mar
    Happy to be of help, Mar.

I was once like you.... so innocent of such basic information like this. The difference was I had to learn them myself. So in the process, I made wrong and impulsive decisions --- to a point of losing money over bad deals.

It is my personal satisfaction that thru the little knowledge i could share to newbies like you is more than being paid for the service. Being able to help others and be appreciated is PRICELESS.

This is your thread. Should you have other questions, I and the other "GURUs" in this forum would be more than happy to try and help you get the cobwebs off your head.

Again, good luck on your search!
    Last edited by Benzmizer; August 10th, 2009 at 11:40 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ako i own an xe big body so far ok naman reliable pa rin magsubi ka lang ng pampa repair kasi dami na talaga lumalabas na sira pag matanda na car, ensure mo lang na ok mabibili mo magsama ka ng mekaniko para makita car and double check the papers dahil mahalaga yun para di ka magka problema. Good luck

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    hi bernmizer, after my long seach for a big body toyota i found an ads which i am seriously considering, its an old 1993 toyota gli its Php 120,000 here are the specs:

[SIZE=2]Toyota Corolla GLI '93
    16 valve
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Strong AC
    Pioneer Stereo (Great Sounds)
    CD changer (6 CD's)
    Power Flow
    Racing Filter
    Rewired and Relayed Light Bulb for stock and Xenon Bulbs
    Magic Tint
    4 brand New Tires w/ original mags spare tire
    Very good Engine and Running Condition, Smooth
    Brand New 6 rolls Radiator
    No Oil Leaks on Engine, including Power Steering
    For Engine including clutch
    bearing front (Machine Shop)
    Suspension, Nothing to fix, Oil Change
    For replace, timing belt only this september and check-up disk and brake shoe
    16 valve na 16 valve ang hatak!
    Excellent for Newbies.
    Well Maintained
    [/SIZE]

i need you opinion re the price because its an old car, given that its in prim condition and the mileage is 160K, do you think its expensive for its year model, nakusap ko yung kaibigan kong mechanic (for 15 years) at sabi niya it really all depends on the year model, for this year model kahit na toyota gli pa he said the highest price would be between 80 to 100K... do you think he is right or is the car priced competitively and fair.. hope you can find time again to help me with my questions.. sobrang gusto ko lang kasi ng good buy, hindi pa naman ako sobrang nagmamadali kung saan din naman ako makakakuha ng mura na at the same time good buy pa i am willing to wait.. which i know somewhere out there makikita ko yun hinahanap ko if i am patient and diligent enough.. thanks ulit

mar
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    hi benzmizer, hope your online tonight i have questions again.. thanks in advance..

mar

Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Happy to be of help, Mar.

I was once like you.... so innocent of such basic information like this. The difference was I had to learn them myself. So in the process, I made wrong and impulsive decisions --- to a point of losing money over bad deals.

It is my personal satisfaction that thru the little knowledge i could share to newbies like you is more than being paid for the service. Being able to help others and be appreciated is PRICELESS.

This is your thread. Should you have other questions, I and the other "GURUs" in this forum would be more than happy to try and help you get the cobwebs off your head.

Again, good luck on your search!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    sorry to hijack your post supermario pero related naman itong tanong ko

yun bang big body XE din at power steering lang ang lamang nya sa XL o meron pang iba?

Need help and advice for toyota big body