New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hi,

Guys, help naman. Need your opinion for the two cars below:

1. Toyota Vios 1.3E, 2003 model from EDSA Auto Exchage, selling at 440T. Sa tingin nyo ba tama lang ang price?? or dapat mas mababa pa considering 2003 model siya? It was initially 480T pero natawaran namin.

This is gonna be my first car so wala pa ko masyado idea about the pricing of 2nd hand cars and most car-related stuff. Na-test drive namin siya, ok naman... para pang bago. 20,000 km pa lang mileage and I believe cars at Edsa Auto Ex are being maintained by Toyota so confused lang ako kung tama na ba yung price.

I want to know kung ok lang ba yung price kasi papa-appraise ko pa since I will be using my company's car loan program and kung mas mababa sa selling price ang appraisal report, ako sasagot ng sobra. I am trying to prevent to cash out pa.

2. And another thing, May ino-offer din kasi sakin ung Nissan Gallery Q.Ave na Vios 1.5G 2005 model naman at 430T. Medyo confused ako kung bakit mas mura pa siya. Haven't seen it yet and around 20,000 km daw yung mileage. Trade-in siya, bumili ng X-trail ung previous owners. Iniisip ko kung titignan ko pa.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    go with the 1.5g model pero ang taas ng milage nun for a 2005 model ....

ingat ka lang sa mga 2nd hand car dealers make sure its reputable ! pero madlas mas mataas sa mga yan .. try finding here sa carfinder natin para direct kna sa seller ng kotse hindi kna dadaan pa sa mga ahente surely mas makakatipid ka

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 1.5 is a better deal, and sounds like a reasonable price. 20k kms isn't bad, actually, for a two year old car, and that should mean it's still under warranty. Check the service history to be sure.

The problem is, these are Toyotas, so the asking price will sometimes be higher than reasonable (my cousin bought an 01 Altis J in 05 for over 400k... ouch).

Another thing is that the 1.3s are considered more fuel efficient, and owners sometimes charge a premium for this, secondhand, hoping to catch buyers desperate for a fuel efficient car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    must have been from a salesperson yung 1.5 kaya ganun ang mileage. try mo tawaran then compare price yung last price nya with those offered dito sa board. Miles apart yung 1.5G sa 1.3E

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks for the replies! Keep 'em coming!

Actually mas preferred ko kasi ung Vios 1.3 since fue efficient nga siya. Medyo doubtful lang talaga kasi parang overpriced. Yung mga nakikita ko sa mga sites like here sa Buy and Sell and other forums, mga 350-400T lang.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The real world fuel economy between the 1.5 and the 1.3 are not that great. It's pretty pointless to go with the 1.3 for the sole reason of fuel economy assuming the price and condition of the two units are similar.

In terms of equipment level, pareho lang ba ang features ng 1.3 sa 1.5?

Nissan seems to have a habit of disposing trade-ins at low prices. Vinj texted me of a used Patrol a Nissan dealer was letting go for under Php1M. At the time, the market price of the Patrol was in the Php1M-1.1M range.

If the '05 is still under warranty (it should be, check the records with the dealer where it was initially acquired from) at least you have some semblance of consumer protection.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Need advice on buying Toyota Vios