New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    I am a driving a revo srj 2.o AT. Last week, tue to be exact, bigla na lang nagtripped and nawala lahat ng lights ko including that of the car stereo, pero bumalik naman after mga 2 seconds. After two days, nangyari uli yon for 2 seconds uli. Last friday, habang nakastop sa intersection, nangyari uli but this time, ung engine ay nag-stall. Nagstart naman uli yung engine when I started, and when I arrived at sm para magpark, nagbiblink yung head lights ko at yung lights ko sa dashboard. What's probably wrong with this? Me kinalaman ba ang mga relays ko? Pag nag-park light ako, dumidilim yung interior light ko, I believe hindi dapat mabawasan ang power ng set of lights pag mag-ooperate ng iba pang sets. Has anyone experience this before? Paki-share naman please.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try to disconnect the alternator and check if the revo will operate normally (start engine, lights, etc). If it does, the alternator needs repair/replace.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    baka may loose connection lang. clean battery terminals and make sure the clamps are tightly secured.

if symptoms persist, bring it to a trusted electrical shop. Mahirap kasi mag tinker sa electricals baka magka-sunog (experienced this before with my sentra. tried tinkering with the electricals and I accidentally shorted someting.)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    prolly an alternator problem.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    prolly an alternator problem.
    Thanks a lot for the replies. I'll try your suggestions.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Try to disconnect the alternator and check if the revo will operate normally (start engine, lights, etc). If it does, the alternator needs repair/replace.

Same thing with my Corona 1997 Excior bigalang namamatay pag na menor black out lahat after few seconds meron ng power and re start it, ok na ulit.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i had similar experience years ago in my sentra... midnight.. then, everything died, except for the engine. and my fear at that time was, as the road was completely dark, i might run myself off the road, or somebody might come along and bump into me. fortunately, everything came back up after about 10 seconds.
    it happened to me about 3 times with this car since 1997, and i still haven't come up with an explanation.