New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    I have been using the Mag1 5W-30 FS for two changes already, 15K and 25K. I have not encountered any problem with the oil. When I changed, I put a sample in a clear container and marked it. The oil still seems to move freely inside the container. Though an oil analysis test would tell us the condition of the oil, it is not my priority as of the moment. A gallon costs P1,505.00

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask Rider Blac View Post
    I have been using the Mag1 5W-30 FS for two changes already, 15K and 25K. I have not encountered any problem with the oil. When I changed, I put a sample in a clear container and marked it. The oil still seems to move freely inside the container. Though an oil analysis test would tell us the condition of the oil, it is not my priority as of the moment. A gallon costs P1,505.00
    Oil moves freely? Hehehe

3. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    I was thinking of a word like sticky, thick, or viscous... moves freely na nga lang lol

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask Rider Blac View Post
    I was thinking of a word like sticky, thick, or viscous... moves freely na nga lang lol
    Its all good. We try to observe used oil.

More important though is opening that oil filter especially going 10k intervals. Is it an oem filter? Baldwin?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys... anong ok na budget oil para sa delivery trucks? i use petron super diesel. lumalabas 100php per liter lang.. any better ones?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AC View Post
    guys... anong ok na budget oil para sa delivery trucks? i use petron super diesel. lumalabas 100php per liter lang.. any better ones?
    Ok na ok na ata yan. 100 pero liter lang. I use zic 5000power na semi synthetic tapos 1 year change oil. By pail na 20 liters bili ko pumapatak 177php per liter

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Yes i maters. sadly yung ibang walang alam sa oil basta mineral synthethic yan lang alam nila. Neglecting the API rating ng engine nila

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by AC View Post
    We use caltex, Petron or cat oils.. 15w40 CI4.. 24,500 per drum... Gamit namin sa mgA large engines...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    IMO, Kahit mineral oil Lang gamit Tatagal ang engine, provided regular PMS is implemented... We have gensets that's 70's pa.. Pero Hangang ngayon maayos na maayos pa din.. Tapos once a year Lang ang change oil.. Standby duty nga Lang...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    An inquiry on motor engine oil, is it possible by just visual inspection through the dipstick that it is now time to change the engine oil? I remember a mechanic used to tell me before that if the color of the oil is black but medyo reddish ito ay okay pa. Thanks.
    Just to share..
    I have read that visual inspection through the dipstick is one way of determining if engine oil is still okay. It is likely so after you pull out the dipstick, and can still see its tip by looking through the oil.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Motor Oil Matters?