New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    good day trd mates! tanong ko lang ano gamit nyo na motor oil sa toyota corolla? may nkapag sabi kc sakin na mas maganda daw pag fully synthetic so i then tried inquire sa gas stations/car shops to find out ang mahal ng full synthetic car oils. im currently using mobil1. need your suggestions guys.. thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I use caltex delo/gold multigrade on my ae111. Its sgi lpg fed, ordinary oil does not darken even after 5000km. With delo gold, the engine gets cleaned and the delo oil darkens proving the cleaning ingedients included with diesel engine oils.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    I've used Royal Purple syn, then started with Mobile 1 syn last year and always pared with OEM filter. The change in oil brand is due to availability in 5qt containers. I use OEM Toyota filters because my 2zz-ge uses a larger filter than 1zz-fe, which is a common filter carried by oil shops and part stores.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    I'm driving an Altis. Been using their casa 5W40 from the dealership with OEM oil filter then sa sulit. Switched to Royal Purple just recently with Purolator naman.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Been using 20w/50 castrol on my Corolla.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just use 15W40 or 20W40 regular oil on my Corolla Altis and change it every 5,000kms. 80,000kms hence and no signs of sludging and a recent compression test showed good, even results along all four cylinders.

I used either Petron Ultron Touring or Mobil 1000.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    you can disregard the winter grade of the oil. the philippines has no winter. follow the owner's manual specifications. the current API classification is SN which supercedes all S series engine oils. don't run your engine too cold and don't prolong the oil change interval. it really is not specified in the toyota owner's manual that you have to use synthetic or synthetic blend of oil. it is a matter of personal preference as long as you meet the [I]minimum[I]requirements

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    you can disregard the winter grade of the oil. the philippines has no winter. follow the owner's manual specifications. the current API classification is SN which supercedes all S series engine oils. don't run your engine too cold and don't prolong the oil change interval. it really is not specified in the toyota owner's manual that you have to use synthetic or synthetic blend of oil. it is a matter of personal preference as long as you meet the [I]minimum[I]requirements

Pero may winter grade sa manual. If you disregard the winter grade magiging single grade na lang na SAE 30 or 40 for both starting the engine cold and operating temperature.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    An inquiry on motor engine oil, is it possible by just visual inspection through the dipstick that it is now time to change the engine oil? I remember a mechanic used to tell me before that if the color of the oil is black but medyo reddish ito ay okay pa. Thanks.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Motor Oil Matters?