New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    i have to check what type of atf was used. i just saw the mechanic pour toyota ATF yung nasa lata.

so it means masama yung may delay kahit 2seconds? is my fuel consumption

normal for 4afe engine? 5 to 6km /lit.

i bought this vehicle 2nd hand.

thanks guys

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    A two to three second shift delay from neutral is not normal but since your car is 10 years old or more...the transmission is probably showing its age. What is important (IMO) is that the car should accelerate smoothly and upshifts at the correct speed range.

Regarding the fuel consumption of 5-6 km/liter, this may be normal specially during summer time and with stop and go traffic here in Manila. Fuel mileage should improve on the highways and with the onset of the rainy season (colder climate).

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Ma improve pa iyan kung second hand mo nabili . Kung hindi pa napalitan ng air filter baka marumi na , Change spark plug , Correct engine timing ayon sa manual specification ng sasakyan . Kailangan rin ito dahil hindi natin alam kung paano nag maintain ng sasakyan ang dating mayari baka takbo lang takbo wala ng bukasan ng hood para makita kung may laman pa ang lahat ng fluid reservoir at kailangan palitan na.. Just a reminder.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    thank you for the insights..

shifting is smooth naman.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Mahina hatak a/t