New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 98 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 1628
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17
    #971
    Wow shocking list of problems and I've only managed to read through a few pages. I'd question if they really know what they are doing when they are 'troubleshooting' at the dealerships? I know in Australia the dealerships are pretty bad at it so would expect the same here. Whats with the 'Replace CRDI system' on the front page? Dont they look for the real problem. Thats like saying to the doctoir you have a stomach ache and he does a full organ transplant to fix the problem....extreme! Fuel issues are the number one issue anywhere so make sure you are regularly checking fuel (and air) filtration.

  2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,182
    #972
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackshark1999 View Post
    Bro free and part na pinalitan, I only paid for the PMS and the decarbon. Total is 5k, decarbon is 3k. Rest covers change oil.
    Ay oo nga namanunder warranty pa nga pala. Yung sa decarbonizing, what was exactly done sa kotse mo? Based on previous posts that I read, inirerev lang ng mataas at wala namang inilalagay na chemicals or whatever. Sayang lang ang pera bro.

  3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,139
    #973
    me pinapahigop sila sa chemical sa intake manifold. Halos 1 quart size non, then hi-rev. I've seen them do this at otis. Although di dapat ginagawa ito pag bago pa lang oto mo.

  4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    68
    #974
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    Ay oo nga namanunder warranty pa nga pala. Yung sa decarbonizing, what was exactly done sa kotse mo? Based on previous posts that I read, inirerev lang ng mataas at wala namang inilalagay na chemicals or whatever. Sayang lang ang pera bro.

    May chemical na ginagamit, it mixes with the fuel and air mixture. I was able to observe the procedure and I'm glad I had it done. I saw the significant quantity of soot removed from the engine..I can't believe my 3 year old Innova has that much soot in the combustion chamber. Although it was revved, it did not reach the red line.

    Anyways, since it is being offered by Toyota as part of their PMS (optional) I am confident that it was throughly tested. As for performance of the unit after treatment, there is a noticeable increase in power, lower engine noise and a 10% increase in fuel economy.

    Toyota suggests this treatment for cars 3 years old and above, with subsequent yearly treatment thereafter.

    Will I do it again, yes.
    Will I recommend it, yes.
    Will I buy another Toyota, yes.

  5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,089
    #975
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackshark1999 View Post
    May chemical na ginagamit, it mixes with the fuel and air mixture. I was able to observe the procedure and I'm glad I had it done. I saw the significant quantity of soot removed from the engine..I can't believe my 3 year old Innova has that much soot in the combustion chamber. Although it was revved, it did not reach the red line.

    Anyways, since it is being offered by Toyota as part of their PMS (optional) I am confident that it was throughly tested. As for performance of the unit after treatment, there is a noticeable increase in power, lower engine noise and a 10% increase in fuel economy.

    Toyota suggests this treatment for cars 3 years old and above, with subsequent yearly treatment thereafter.

    Will I do it again, yes.
    Will I recommend it, yes.
    Will I buy another Toyota, yes.
    Which dealer did you have this done? I'm also your unit is D-4D?

  6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,182
    #976
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackshark1999 View Post
    May chemical na ginagamit, it mixes with the fuel and air mixture. I was able to observe the procedure and I'm glad I had it done. I saw the significant quantity of soot removed from the engine..I can't believe my 3 year old Innova has that much soot in the combustion chamber. Although it was revved, it did not reach the red line.

    Anyways, since it is being offered by Toyota as part of their PMS (optional) I am confident that it was throughly tested. As for performance of the unit after treatment, there is a noticeable increase in power, lower engine noise and a 10% increase in fuel economy.

    Toyota suggests this treatment for cars 3 years old and above, with subsequent yearly treatment thereafter.

    Will I do it again, yes.
    Will I recommend it, yes.
    Will I buy another Toyota, yes.
    Hindi siguro sa combustion chamber lahat galing yon, ang surface na maeexpose lang ay yung ibabaw ng piston at cylinder head, kasama na yung mga valves. Most likely ang soot ay nag accumulate sa exhaust manifold, catalytic converter and exhaust pipes kasama na muffler. I need to check yung details ng chemicals siguro before I try it out. Hindi kasi nakalagay sa manual ang decarbonizing.

  7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    265
    #977
    Hi Guys,

    Is the Fortuner 4x2 Manual 2.5 Diesel also affected by the D4D choking and hard start problems?

    How about the 4x4 3.0 Diel Fortuner? Is it also affected by the D4d choking and hard start problem?

    Thanks

  8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,628
    #978
    grabe ang toyota up to now denial stage pa din sila.. kawawa yung may mga innova na bumigay ang engine out of warranty.

    yung boss ko ganyan din eh may innova sya 2007 model nung december 2010 nag out of warranty tapos eto na sunod sunod na ang problema.. una nag jejerk daw.. so etong si toyota manila bay nag advise na palitan ang clutch disc at diaphragm for a whooping 17k!! o eh di kumita sila.. tapos a few days ayun namatay na yung engine while driving... so eto si toyota manila bay.. advise ulet reset ecu at replace filter.. so ok na ulet kumita na naman sila... so after a few days ayun namatay nang tuluyan.. so eto si toyota manila bay nag advise ulet.. palitan daw yung SCV... kumita na naman for the 3rd time.. galing talaga!!!

    ngayon yung aircon naman ang sira...

  9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,740
    #979
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    grabe ang toyota up to now denial stage pa din sila.. kawawa yung may mga innova na bumigay ang engine out of warranty.

    yung boss ko ganyan din eh may innova sya 2007 model nung december 2010 nag out of warranty tapos eto na sunod sunod na ang problema.. una nag jejerk daw.. so etong si toyota manila bay nag advise na palitan ang clutch disc at diaphragm for a whooping 17k!! o eh di kumita sila.. tapos a few days ayun namatay na yung engine while driving... so eto si toyota manila bay.. advise ulet reset ecu at replace filter.. so ok na ulet kumita na naman sila... so after a few days ayun namatay nang tuluyan.. so eto si toyota manila bay nag advise ulet.. palitan daw yung SCV... kumita na naman for the 3rd time.. galing talaga!!!

    ngayon yung aircon naman ang sira...
    Awww My sympathy goes with your boss

  10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,559
    #980
    My brandnew 2010 HiAce Commuter has White Smoke Problems! If you are planning to use this as a commercial or For-Hire vehicle, I would dissuade buyers from doing so. In my experience, Toyota's D4D engines may not be robust enough to adopt to the various diesel fuel condition available in the local market. I was expecting that this problem should not occur at least during the first 3-years of operation since it was a brand new vehicle. Unfortunately, less than a year and just 11t+ Kms on the odometer, this problem has occurred.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)