New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 87 of 163 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jefskie View Post
    Balak po namin bumili ng Hi-Ace GL Grandia. okay lang po ba yun? pagkatapos ng mga nabasa ko parang nakakatakot na tuloy.
    BUMP ko lang po itong question ko. thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    actually nasa sa iyo naman ang desisyon.

sabi mo nabasa mo na yung mga good and bad points so its really up to you if you still want to buy or not...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    it's up to you, it's your gamble. Umakyat ako ng baguio, nilalagpasan lang ako ng grandia d4d na puno ng tao at wala man lang usok! baka kaya wala prob ang grandia is dahil japan CBU ito. Iba ang parts.

Although risk mo talaga kung mag diesel ka. makatipid ka ng malaki sa gas, pero gumastos ka ng mas malaki sa repair pag minalas ka.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ajOT View Post
    Sir, if I may ask; if dirty diesel is a scapegoat or lets say the lame excuse from the dealer; the real culprit on these then, that, the fuel pump of most Toyota are faulty or not working as to how it is expected to work?
    what can be the remedy for these cause, as we already own a Toyota car now!?! we just cant cry over spilled milk on these; do they have any remedial on these? what does the public do about these?
    what spilled milk? tumirik na ba ang kotse mo? just enjoy the superior product that it is. chances are, you won't be disappointed. besides, worrying never solved anything.
    tanong ko lang: ilan ba talaga ang mga "defective" d4d engines diyan? hindi kaya pa-ikot-ikot lang ang mga kuwento, kaya mukhang napakarami nila?
    just asking (because i don't know the answer)..
    Last edited by dr. d; October 2nd, 2010 at 12:30 AM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what spilled milk? tumirik na ba ang kotse mo? just enjoy the superior product that it is. chances are, you won't be disappointed. besides, worrying never solved anything.
    tanong ko lang: ilan ba talaga ang mga "defective" d4d engines diyan? hindi kaya pa-ikot-ikot lang ang mga kuwento, kaya mukhang napakarami nila?
    Bro, that's the problem, its not a superior product, toyota has a big problem on several of their units, this d4d problem is just one of them.. In the case of the stalling, that is worrying, because if your engine stalls, your braking and power steering won't work properly, have you tried or at least imagine doing 100kph and your engine dies(Nlex, Slex, Sctex, etc..) This is a real problem, but the problems seems to be on the 06-08 models only, we haven't heard any stalling from 09 and up models.. It is true that not all D4d engines experienced this, but some do.. You should consider yourself lucky as it hasn't or hopefully won't happen to you, but if it did, then you'd probably say the same thing as we do.. Madali lang magsalita bro, kasi hindi mo pa na-eexperience, pero if you do, then that's a different story.. My point is, this isn't a bogus story, this is real.. That is why some of the d4d units had their fuel pump/SCV changed warrranty, for those units who already have expired warranty, tough luck..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by brellrain View Post
    Bro, that's the problem, its not a superior product, toyota has a big problem on several of their units, this d4d problem is just one of them.. In the case of the stalling, that is worrying, because if your engine stalls, your braking and power steering won't work properly, have you tried or at least imagine doing 100kph and your engine dies(Nlex, Slex, Sctex, etc..) This is a real problem, but the problems seems to be on the 06-08 models only, we haven't heard any stalling from 09 and up models.. It is true that not all D4d engines experienced this, but some do.. You should consider yourself lucky as it hasn't or hopefully won't happen to you, but if it did, then you'd probably say the same thing as we do.. Madali lang magsalita bro, kasi hindi mo pa na-eexperience, pero if you do, then that's a different story.. My point is, this isn't a bogus story, this is real.. That is why some of the d4d units had their fuel pump/SCV changed warrranty, for those units who already have expired warranty, tough luck..
    so i get it your milk spilled? that your d4d called it quits? I am sorry for that. but i didn't say the problem was bogus. i have been asking for some time now, "just how big is this problem of toyota's?" "is it a big problem, or just some.." if someone can only give us the figures.. sa tagalog, ilan ba talagang d4d ang nagka-problema? pusible kayang mukhang marami lang, dahil nag-iingay nang husto ang mga nabiktimang owners? (not to mean that they shouldn't make noise, because they have every right to.)
    of the many thousands of d4d models that have been sold, just how many of them have spewed black smoke or stalled? personally, i have never chanced upon a hilux, fortuner or innova spewing black smoke on the road. and i have never seen a stalled innova, fortuner or hilux at the side of the road, either.. ( but i have heard of avanzas and VWs going up in flames..) you may have an axe to grind against toyota, but that's only you. i don't have an axe to grind, and that's only me. (well, i do have an axelet, but that's another story.) but all in all, i am very satistied with my 2005 d4d. that is what i am communicating in this thread. i speak from personal experience, that it is a superior product. so good, in fact, that i am hesitant to try a different model when time comes for me to get another car. what i write here, is my personal opinion, based on my personal experience, and not something i read from somewhere.. isn't that what the original question was? something like "...what do we think about...?"...
    it is unfortunate that cars do malfunction... but what brand of car hasn't had this experience?
    and oh! i (and i'm sure many others) do not know of toyota's other big problems. perhaps you can tell us of toyota's other big problems, so that potential buyers may know what they will be up against..
    Last edited by dr. d; October 4th, 2010 at 01:28 AM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    dont cry over spilled milk is a term or lemme say is just an idiomatic expression; its a sort of like you have something and whine about it....
    may car have not experienced on these tirik at high speed though; but experienced it stalled once or twice as I could say....
    to let you know am not worrying on these as you may be right that these would not solve anything; but it was a question we have to ask is our Manufacturer has any resolution to resolve the issue about these?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    of the many thousands of d4d models that have been sold, just how many of them have spewed black smoke or stalled?

im not a toyota d4d owner (i drive my cute toy car suzuki) but many times i spotted toyota d4d fortuner and innova spewing black smoke.. one instance is at edsa guadalupe (southbound) the innova is struggling uphill spewing black smoke. another is at macapagal ave. (southbound), a white innova spewing black smoke on low rpm.. you can see the tail gate stained heavily by the carbon from the exhaust.. another is at macapagal ave. (northbound) but this time a fortuner.. another at antipolo, a brandnew d4d hiace stalled going uphill.. the owner thought the engine overheated so he poured water over his radiator

it seems toyota d4d had improved since then.. well since toyota is a well known brand here in the phils. especially for its bullet proof engines, people have the highest expectations when they introduced these D4D engine but it turns out it was a dud engine after all..

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    im not a toyota d4d owner (i drive my cute toy car suzuki) but many times i spotted toyota d4d fortuner and innova spewing black smoke.. one instance is at edsa guadalupe (southbound) the innova is struggling uphill spewing black smoke. another is at macapagal ave. (southbound), a white innova spewing black smoke on low rpm.. you can see the tail gate stained heavily by the carbon from the exhaust.. another is at macapagal ave. (northbound) but this time a fortuner.. another at antipolo, a brandnew d4d hiace stalled going uphill.. the owner thought the engine overheated so he poured water over his radiator

it seems toyota d4d had improved since then.. well since toyota is a well known brand here in the phils. especially for its bullet proof engines, people have the highest expectations when they introduced these D4D engine but it turns out it was a dud engine after all..
    Kaya nga binenta agad ng friend ko yun Fort niya na d4d engine e. After he acquired the unit. in a few months time hindi na makaagkyat ng parking space sa mga malls like in eastwood city ayun binenta niya agad para good price pa.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    D4D problem- 2006 Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D... Complete Engine Rebuild?!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCifyh9Npf4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCifyh9Npf4[/ame]

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)