New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 163 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    our brand new fortuner bought last september,showed a small crack on the engine. good thing, this was observed during our 5T PMS. now, were bringing this back to the dealer for evaluation..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by PIPpen View Post
    our brand new fortuner bought last september,showed a small crack on the engine....
    Any photos of the crack? Where is its location?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    my friend has a 05 innova diesel.. ayun nasa casa ngayon due to choking problem....

Eto ba ang procedure ng casa?

My friend told me that they need to remove the fuel supply pump and send it to toyota phils for evaluation... Tsaka palang malalaman kung kailangan palitan.. IMHO, d ba dapat automatic na yan since this is not an isolated case specially on this type model. and the dealer has the right to say if warrantable or not...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    my friend has a 05 innova diesel.. ayun nasa casa ngayon due to choking problem.... This is common.

Eto ba ang procedure ng casa? My friend told me that they need to remove the fuel supply pump and send it to toyota phils for evaluation... The dealer may have to capability to diagnose a faulty common rail pump on-vehicle, but they may not be authorized by Toyota to conduct a pump failure analysis as this requires special service equipment.

Tsaka palang malalaman kung kailangan palitan.. IMHO, d ba dapat automatic na yan since this is not an isolated case specially on this type model. and the dealer has the right to say if warrantable or not... Sometimes this is a warrantable claim. But if during inspection, Toyota sees rust/corrosion due to water in fuel, or internal pump wear due to use of cheap replacement filters, warranty may be void. This is only fair.

As an alternate option to your friend, we can service common rail pumps as we have the training and equipment to perform these repairs.

Bye,

Dieseldude

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Refugees din kami ng D4D. My sister sold her Fortuner after so many times that the car was sent back bec the pump failed and later there was water in the fuel.

The car was sold at a loss with less than 12K on the odo.

Mukhang Toyota is having trouble with their CRDi engine program. Is this the Thai-built engine?

Pero may good news naman.

As part of their efforts to improve their small diesel engines, they have bought about 8% of Isuzu. Di kasi sila
    sanay sa small diesels. Kanila yung Hino Diesel kaso malalaki ang expertise ng Hino. Isuzu, being a long time diesel expert, was a logical choice.

In 2010 lalabas ng toyota-isuzu yung kanilang diesel hybrid engine na 30 to 40 % more fuel efficient than the existing Prius engine.

Dapat siguro sa D4D owners is class action suit na at pilitin ang Toyota na i-recall ang D4D-equipped cars. Masyado na marami na same issues. Buti pa ang Ford. Ni-recall nila lahat ng Expi, Explorer, F-150 and fixed them for free.

Boyd

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by saipeme View Post
    i dunno yong sa akin kasi lagi ako sa driver side nakaupo pero wala naman complain mga passenger ko sa likod...what i did pag galing sa open parking wag muna sila papasukin and idle ko yong aircon ko sa lowest level for 2 min bago ko i adjust to the higher level then saka sila papasukin...pag mag turn off naman ako ng engine una muna ang aircon but before i do that dapat naka idle din muna engine and aircon lalo na kung galing sa mahabang byahe minimum of 2 min idle even when i am going to refill diesel sa gasoline station from long trip standby muna ako sa isang corner to idle the engine kasi dapat off ang engine habang sinasalinan...
    I agree, before turning ON the A/C allow at least 2 mins to 5 mins idling yun engine to properly circulate the lubricant inside the engine. Hirap ang makina sa pag-andar ng A/C. Air-con is 20-30% load sa engine. Add ko pa before turning the engine after long drive, lalo na sa engine na may TURBO. Allow 10- 15 mins on idling without air-con before turning off the engine to cool down the engine and the turbo unit. If you turn-off the engine suddenly after long drive you will damage the oil seal of the turbo unit because the unit is still hot. Kaya ung iba na may budget naglalagay sila ng turbo-timer.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I sold our Innova and 3.0L Fortuner because of this. Wala pang 2 yrs and daming major problems with the engine. Minsan ayaw mag start, mahina ang hatak, nasasakal yung makina at nung nasa highway ako bigla nalang tumirik. Buti di pa nangyari ito sa Hilux ko. Yung Prado ko naman V6 gas kaya ligtas. I don't think it's necessary to idle the engine that long just to start the A/C or before turning off the engine. Does the A/C control the flow/circulation of engine oil inside the engine? No, it just burdens the engine even when the engine is fully lubricated. Ramdam mo yan even on gas vehicles pag on mo ng A/C parang humina yung mga lights mo at tumaas rpm mo pero pag off balik normal strength ng lights pat rpm mo bumaba. You don't need the engine to be warm na tipong ang thermostat reading nya ay parang nag hi-way driving ka ng 15 mins straight, you just need it to be well lubricated. CRDi engines are different from their predecessors na kailangan talaga muna mag idle to get rid of the excess air intake of the turbo. I read about that sa myths and facts about the CRDi engine.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lord View Post
    Please refer to the manual for the purpose of identifying similar subject matter. As of the cause, I just went to marikina branch this morning to have my EGR - Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve replaced. It is somewhere (like a joint) near the 'camber (as the technician called it) of our Turbo. Naipon nung mga carbon dun kaya nadedetect ung corresponding sensor.

The chief technician also gave me a tip that such error or warning may be ignored and can be even reset (for EFI systems) by detaching the negative part of the battery. In this way, your car electronic system can be reset and if it is true that such warning were turned on incidentally, then it will not turn on anymore after reseting your system. However, if it will persist, then you better consult with your nearest toyota (after consulting of course you manual first).

More so, such EGR valve will cost around php 8,500.
    Add ko lang sa pag-tanggal ng battery terminal, take note na everytime you remove the battery never attempt to remove the positive pole first, it will damage the ECU. To reset the ECU, remove first the "NEGATIVE" pole not the positive. FYI lang sa lahat.........

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE DRAGON View Post
    Fire Dragon: hello 2 all tsikot fanatics, im planning 2 buy a 2.5L d4d fortuner dis week, am just waiting for the stock may pila pa daw, ask ko lng kung talagang underpower and is it still logical 2 buy despite all the problems ive read here, ok lng sakin yung tagtag mag palit n lng ako ng shocks, ang concern ko ay yung engine problems
    OK lang yung Fortuner, I own an 18 yr. old Surf without any problems. Sundin mo lang yung nasa manual, change oil regularly, used the recommended coolant. Sa underpower baka impression lang nila yon baka first time lang nilang nakagamit ng diesel. Hwag mo ikumpara sa Izusu iba ang characteristics ng Izusu at Toyota, screamer ang toyota power on high rpm while ang Izusu power on low end. Madaling tumbasan ung power ng Izusu, re-gear... More on toyota diesel visit http//toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite and 4x4ph

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rockers_kitoy View Post
    what is the benefit of having a turbo timer? it is recommended by one of the salesperson dito sa Toyota Davao.

some pls...

thanks.

until now, i'm still contemplating for a diesel or a gas Innova.
    Turbo timer, mahal pwedeng wala nyan basta pag-stop ng car mo after a long drive or running the engine more than 2000 rpm turn-off the air-con and wait for 10-15 mins to cool down the turbo unit. These will prevent the oil seal from premature damage. If you suddenly turn-off the engine the turbine side of the turbo may have reached 300 to 400 degress C, cooling down to at lease 80 to 90 degrees C will not damage the seal. Important thing, cool down the engine before turning off.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)