New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 163 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    We have so many car reviews, car magazines . . .

I have not come across any report or review on this Choking hard starting problem. Are they mute and blind to this clamor of affected consumers? Sad to say most of them are bias to Car Manufacturer especially toyota and isuzu.

If not by this medium of local car forums consumers will not know what is the real score . . . .

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ATTN. TOYOTA Motor PHILIPPINES

If there is really a problem with the diesel CRDI, you must issue an advisory stating which models are covered and that Toyota service centers will be more than glad to address and reprogram the said problem.....not that buyers will find answers pa from forums, etc;........BE RESPONSIBLE

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    in my opinion...

i think the original 'setting' of the ECU is to minimize fuel delivery to engine ... para maging 'fuel-efficient' yung D4D engine (i.e. 10 kms/liter city driving, yada yada).

if Toyota Motor Phils 'reprogram' the ECU, this means they're adjusting the stock settings of the ECU to deliver 'more' fuel to prevent hard starting or choking problems...

so why 'selective' units only at hindi lahat ng D4D engines? -- dahil iba-iba tayong mga drivers ... some drives with fuel efficiency in mind, some drives like there's no tomorrow, etc... so these engines also 'reacts' on how we drive.

ano po sa tingin nyo? pare-parehas ba tayo ng observation?

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    i just got a brand new D4D innova automatic two months ago. mileage is still low around 2k. but i have never experienced the problems mentioned by the others.

i actually mentioned to the sales supervisor about the various complaints by the other owners of innova before purchasing my unit. they said that they have already fixed that problem with the newer units. i'm convinced they already have coz the owner of the branch is a close family friend of ours. if ever mag-tope or whatever yung innova ko, i'm sure to have our family friend hear about it.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    tsk.tsk.

after reading this thread, i guess i have to say no to a very-good-offer 05 hilux d4d 3.0. i dont want to be paranoid while driving for fear of stalling, etc. especially when crossing a foggy area here in cebu.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    OMG!!

I never thought this would happen to me....pero for the past 2 days ilang tries bago mag-start nang maayos ang innova d4d ko. Its been a while since I've been to this forum...pero may trend na pala na parang 2005 models ang may "problem". 2005-May yung innova w/ 22k milage. Sana naman nothing serious... :nerves:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ergati View Post
    OMG!!

I never thought this would happen to me....pero for the past 2 days ilang tries bago mag-start nang maayos ang innova d4d ko. Its been a while since I've been to this forum...pero may trend na pala na parang 2005 models ang may "problem". 2005-May yung innova w/ 22k milage. Sana naman nothing serious... :nerves:
    Nai-schedule niyo na po ba sa casa for diagnosis ang problem sir? Try niyo rin na bantayan kung i-service para alam niyo ang mga gagawin... and keep us posted.

Share ko lang sir...
    Yun sa boss ko na March 2005 na innova naghard starting din siya... ginawa niya. He drained the fuel filter (removed the accumulated water). After that puro one-click start na siya uli.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I have been reading this thread with much interest as our workshop is now involved in repairs of diesel common rail systems. Our facility has heavily invested on equipment to test/repair this system.

Although we do not expect to see a lot of these at the moment, we have already worked on a few Toyota & Hyundai commonrails, and found that the most common problem is internal pump corrosion due to water in fuel. Toyota will not honor warranty claims on pump failures if corrosion is present.

If this happens, you may PM me as we can probably help. Most CR systems that we have serviced are those whose warranty claims were not honored by the OE's (Toyota. Hyundai etc..) due to signs of corrosion / water in fuel.

Listed below are some suggestions for users of common rail diesels:
    1. Use original fuel filters and water separators only.
    2. Purchase your diesel fuel from reputable gas filling stations.
    3. Check / drain your water sedimentor immediately if your WIF (water in fuel) indicator lights up.
    4. Bring your car to your authorized Toyota dealer if you experience a hard start or choking problem. It is possible that Toyota will repair your vehicle FOC (free of charge) is there are no signs of corrosion.
    5. Bring your car to us if your warranty is void.
    Anyone is welcome to visit our repair facility.

Bye,

Dieseldude

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Dieseldude,

Mga magkano naman ang cost for the repair of the corroded pumps.
    May mga kailangan bang palitan na pyesa or linis lang ang gagawin?

When you say Hyundai, anong mga cars ang mga kasama dito and the bilk of them?

Wala pa bang Isuzu among the vehicles you service?

Sorry ha. dami ko question.

Thanks in advance for the reply.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nels76 View Post
    Dieseldude,

Mga magkano naman ang cost for the repair of the corroded pumps.
    May mga kailangan bang palitan na pyesa or linis lang ang gagawin?

When you say Hyundai, anong mga cars ang mga kasama dito and the bilk of them?

Wala pa bang Isuzu among the vehicles you service?

Sorry ha. dami ko question.

Thanks in advance for the reply.
    As far as I can recall, past repair bills of common rail pumps ranged from 13K to 23k, depending on the extent of damage. The pump overhaul kit is mandatorily replaced, plus failed hardware parts.

Hyundai cars would be the diesel common rail models for Starex, Sta. Fe, Tucson, Matrix, Gets, etc.

We do service fuel injection systems for the older Isuzu vehicles, including DMax. We do not service the locally released Trooper as we don't have the equipment to work on it's injector. And though we haven't seen the Alterra's fuel system, we will be able to repair it since it is common rail.

Bye,

Dieseldude

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)