The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 163 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Basta ako Bineta ko na tong Innova ko.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hello fellow Tsikot members !

I followed this thread in its inception, based on feedback from the members, Toyota Philippines have addressed the issue.

With that in mind, would you recommend a buy or no buy ? A toyota D4D-based model ?

Thanks
    Rlc

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sir,

ang innova d4d nabili ko ng january 2006, 26 k odo, ang production date niya september 2005, naka tag sa makina mismo, so far wala namang problema, i use petron diesel, mapili ako sa gas station, usually sa petron slex and petron star toll lang ako nakakarga. Ok naman.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I have 2 bro-in-laws both of them own innova d4d. They bought around Sept last year. So far they are both satisfied and have not experienced problems. One has almost 20k on the odo. I guess its now solved.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Get the VVTi.
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rlc View Post
    Hello fellow Tsikot members !

I followed this thread in its inception, based on feedback from the members, Toyota Philippines have addressed the issue.

With that in mind, would you recommend a buy or no buy ? A toyota D4D-based model ?

Thanks
    Rlc
    The heart and soul of D4D is the injector system . . . . . in this category Bosch still leads . . . Toyota diesel using another system. To be conclusive, it should run at least more than 100K kms. The warranty is up to 100K kms after that they have no responsibility whatsoever. You're buying a car to service you more than that I suppose. After five years we will see the reliabilities of all CRDI's in the Phils. In Europe diesel supply is different so you can't compare with that of Phils. car with crdi.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I bought my Toyota Hilux G last December 2006 and until now i haven't experience a single problem with its D4d engine. I guess ung mga unang units lang ung may problem.. and i think Toyota Philippines have addressed those problems.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcawa View Post
    I used to work for a Consulting Firm that does some work for the big three (Shell, Petron, Caltex). I know some employees who remove their uniforms and IDs (ones with white and yellow colored logo) before filling up their fuel tanks in a station with blue and red colored logo hehehe. They admit that red and blue have better quality of fuel, especially diesel, than white and yellow.
    FYI po... read below (excerpt taken from http://asia.news.yahoo.com/070127/3/2wgmd.html)

Philippine refinery may be expanded one day-Shell

MANILA, Jan 27 (Reuters) - Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corp., a unit of Royal Dutch Shell Plc , has not closed the door on future expansion of its 110,000-barrel per day refinery in the Philippines, a senior official said on Saturday.

Ed Chua, chairman of the Shell group in the Philippines, said his firm might be able to reconsider the project in two to three years.

"What is definite is that we will not be able to push through at this point in time with the major investment that we were considering," Chua told reporters on the sidelines of the launch of the first Philippine solar-powered car.

"The problem is, when we look at the budget, the actual cost is 40 percent higher and the reason behind that is that right now, all over the world, there is a huge demand for services, raw materials, equipment, so it does not make sense," he said.

Chua said that a planned initial public offering of Pilipinas Shell hinged on the expansion of its refinery. Earlier this week Shell said it had decided to stop studying an expansion to its refinery in Tabangao, Batangas, near Manila, due to increased costs.

Last year Shell executives had initially estimated the cost of the expansion at between $1 billion and $1.5 billion.
    "What we will do is just wait for the market to cool down. Maybe that will take two to three years, and after that, then that is the time we will revisit (the expansion plan)," Chua said.

OPTIONS

In the meantime, Chua said his company was studying options on how its refinery would meet stricter fuel standards to comply with the Philippines' Clean Air law.

Earlier this month, the Philippines passed another law requiring refiners to blend biofuels produced from local crops such as sugar and coconuts with gasoline and diesel as part of an effort to reduce the country's reliance on expensive imported crude.

"I would hope that we will continue to upgrade, but this is not yet final," Chua said, adding the initial cost of the upgrade was estimated at $100 million to $200 million.

Petron Corp. , the Philippines' largest refinery with a capacity of 180,000 barrels of oil per day, has spent $100 million on upgrading its facilities to produce cleaner fuels.

The company, owned 40 percent each by the government and Middle East oil giant Saudi Aramco, is also spending another $300 million for new refinery units to expand capacity of its petrochemical products.

Shell put its refinery business in the Philippines under review after rival Caltex (Philippines) Inc. closed its 72,000- bpd refinery in the country in late 2003 and converted the facility into a storage depot for petroleum products.
    Caltex, which is owned by Chevron Corp. , said its 49-year-old refinery was too small to compete in the Asian market and too outdated to produce cleaner fuels required under the Philippines' environmental laws.
    The Philippines imports most of its oil requirements of about 330,000 barrels of oil per day.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    share ko lang sad experience, yung diesel ko na matic inova, also encountered hard starting in the morning, need to step on accelerator para mag start, I referred it to Toyota shaw, kudos kay romper, alam nila kaagad yung sira, reprogramming lang daw needed, good thing is free of charge......and now voila....one click, 16,100 km lang ang odo ko Toyota said parang it happens to other models of diesel.....so dont try to fix on your own....pa reprogram sa casa....besides its free.....

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by blu282 View Post
    I bought my Toyota Hilux G last December 2006 and until now i haven't experience a single problem with its D4d engine. I guess ung mga unang units lang ung may problem.. and i think Toyota Philippines have addressed those problems.
    Well it's a guess . .

We the consumer should deserve a detailed report from toyota on this big problem. They should release the root cause and culprit detailing the batch and affected engine / chassis numbers. In the states with these massive problems they investigate and be open to the technical results.

I still have to read an official declaration from toyota. Lemon law should really be approved by congress for the consumer protection.

Kawawa talaga Pilipino consumers, we should act together and make a stand.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)