New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 163 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE DRAGON View Post
    Fire Dragon: hello 2 all tsikot fanatics, im planning 2 buy a 2.5L d4d fortuner dis week, am just waiting for the stock may pila pa daw, ask ko lng kung talagang underpower and is it still logical 2 buy despite all the problems ive read here, ok lng sakin yung tagtag mag palit n lng ako ng shocks, ang concern ko ay yung engine problems
    Welcome FIRE DRAGON sa Tsikot post ka lang.. maraming tsikoteers who are willing to help any time

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sir Praetorian, everything you said just told me you're talking about my youngest sister. I just didn't know her Fortuner was acting up.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Sir Patabihon, I just spoke with your sister. She says hello!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    So how is her Fortuner now, did the stalling recur after Toyota did the fix?

I only saw her Fortuner once when my brother brought it to my house last year. I believe I expressed my concern to my brother regarding the problems that plagued some diesel Innova and Fortuner after reading about them in this forums.

It's a bit of a worry taking a vehicle up to Quezon through the zigzag and all of a sudden losing power. I'm sure the Quezon zigzag is no problem for the 3.0 D4D but just the thought of stalling on this road is really scary.

I brought my Starex with a full complement of passengers to Quezon. No problem going up the zigzag road. But when we where just meters away from the house, the Starex got bogged down in mud and we were not able to move it. Needed several people a long time to push to get it out. It's 250 kms to there and only meters to really need 4wd. I told her next time I go there, I'll bring a Nissan Patrol.

Anyway, glad to meet you Praetorian. Say hi to my little sister as well. I'm in India looking for oil.

Quote Originally Posted by praetorian View Post
    I just need to report this.

My boss got her Fortuner 3.0 D4D last year (early or mid year i think, can't remember the exact month). Her driver just happened to relay to me last week their experience where the Fortuner would just stall and die on them while on the road. Its been happening several times already but they didn't get it checked right away since the driver was always able to re-start the engine right away (note that they take this thing all the way to Quezon at least once a month). I told them about this thread and the numerous problems reported here, and they immediately had Toyota check the unit out. Toyota reportedly changed the fuel filter, claiming that the diesel fuel they were using was contaminated. I do hope this is the case - I already advised the owner to source their diesel from a different station (making sure that it's not in a flood-prone area and where a lot of people source their diesel so that stocks are more constantly replenished).

I do hope that this is an isolated incident. FYI

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by patabihon View Post
    So how is her Fortuner now, did the stalling recur after Toyota did the fix?

I only saw her Fortuner once when my brother brought it to my house last year. I believe I expressed my concern to my brother regarding the problems that plagued some diesel Innova and Fortuner after reading about them in this forums.

It's a bit of a worry taking a vehicle up to Quezon through the zigzag and all of a sudden losing power. I'm sure the Quezon zigzag is no problem for the 3.0 D4D but just the thought of stalling on this road is really scary.

I brought my Starex with a full complement of passengers to Quezon. No problem going up the zigzag road. But when we where just meters away from the house, the Starex got bogged down in mud and we were not able to move it. Needed several people a long time to push to get it out. It's 250 kms to there and only meters to really need 4wd. I told her next time I go there, I'll bring a Nissan Patrol.

Anyway, glad to meet you Praetorian. Say hi to my little sister as well. I'm in India looking for oil.
    Sorry for the late reply, Sir Patabihon. Too much work yesterday.

Anyway, I asked your sister's driver if Toyota's repair did the trick. So far, they haven't experienced any stalling - I think it's been a full week since the repair. So, hopefully that's it.

Likewise, very glad to meet you sir. Hope everything there is ok. Stay safe.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    can i put extra fuel filter sa 4tuner? dati may napag usapan dito extra fuel filter for trooper to avoid yung pagloloko ng crdi

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    i think d na ata kailangan ng extra fuel filter kc pgka alam ko dalawang filter na daw kinabit nila,,f mgdadagdag ka ng filter maganda cguro un water,fuel separator kind na filter un pwede mo e adapt after the fuel tank..un problem ata sa fort is pagmay nahahalong tubig sa fuel system kya minsan parang nag cho-choke..un friend ko gnun nangyari sa d4d hi ace van nya na pampasada,ginawa nla since malayo sila sa toyota service center,binaba nila un tanke and dinrain nila..pgka check sa fuel.may halong tubig nga..after nila gnawa un..ngpa kbit na cla ng water fuel separator..and wla ng choking or bigla namamatay..kya gnu gnwa nya sa lahat ng van nya na d4d...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung Hilux ni Ungas, hanggang ngayon hindi pa din reliable. Reprogrammed na and changed filters. Pareho lang naman ng fuel source as his Patrol.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    buti innova G d4d ni utol la prob..pangharabas na nga nya yun e at nakalimutan pa change oil :lol:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think the early released innovas, hiluxes and fortuners had the problems....i have had yet to see sa mga 2007 released models.

baka nagawan na nila ng remedyo?!?

Page 7 of 163 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)