New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 163 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by xfire View Post
    Hilux 3.0, D4D, 11,500kms; no problem with engine. But transmission oil seal damaged.
    weak link yata ng Toyota yan... pati sa Rav4 ko eh may tama na din yan. :seeth:

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger View Post
    We started a similar list in the woes thread last Jan. 2006. We were trying to predict if there was a pattern with the mileage before the problem comes out, but there was no pattern when m2m's D4D choked quite too early:

strayWOLF -- entire CRDI system replaced July 2005 odo=?
    (first tsikoteer with D4D problem)
    larshell ------ entire CRDI system replaced Oct 2005 odo=4,000+
    lord --------- entire CRDI system replaced Oct 2005 odo=?
    (take 2 na si lord diba?, 2nd time re-programming na lang ba?)
    3kings ------- entire CRDI system replaced Nov 2005 odo=1,500km.
    lexus -------- entire CRDI system replaced Nov 2005 odo=?
    Gabby ------- only fuel pump replaced Dec 2005 odo=1,200km
    m2m -------- entire CRDI system replaced Jan 20, 2006 odo=590km
    bongliza ----- scheduled for further evaluation odo=14,000km

I remember record breaker natin si m2m, hindi pa nakakaabot sa 1,000km PMS bumigay na supply pump nya.

Maybe the actual owners can just update their D4D woes info.
    while there is no pattern with the mileage, the dates they were replace or
    reprogrammed says that the d4ds, based on this very limited data, shows that all the crdis were bought last 2005. so far, again based on this data, no problems with 2006 released crdis. which is pretty consistent to the post provided by one tsikoteer that all 2006 releases have new supply pumps replacing the old defective ones.

this is the type of data i hope to accumulate, through your support, that will prove useful to future buyers of fortuner crdi!

tnx!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    my innova G purchased april 2005 no problem durin this past 2 years except last month bago mag 40k yung odo nag luminate yung engine icon pag tumatakbo ako ng 100 kph up kailangan ko munana i restart para mawala yung ilaw ng engine icon then had it check here in Otis egr daw has to be replace took them 4 days bago ko nakuha yung car ulit with regular km check

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ersatz0906 View Post
    "the problem with the D4D isn't actually the engine itself, but more on the fuel filtering/delivery. madumi kasi ang diesel fuel natin dito, marami sediments, nagipon ang sediments at bumara sa filter, in turn, hindi umaabot sa engine ang diesel fuel. pinalitan na lahat ng filters sa assembly line, kaya lahat ng releases starting 2006, no problems na."
    From SA of Toyota Makati...they are a plant-owned dealership, sabi nya

so sana post nyo rin what month and year did you purchase your D4D
    thanks
    madumi diesel natin? how come toyota lng ang may problema? bat wala problem ang sorento, starex?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hehehe, yung BMW, Hyundai, Mercedes, Rexton nga di nagbabara eh. Kung fuel problema di sana pati Strada nagc-choke na rin. Denso rin kasi parts nun like ng D-4D.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    when you say choking, it means the engine doesnt have any fuel to burn thats why the engine cut off...

so the problem is not the engine (D4D) its the fuel filter, defective or super efficient mag filter mwehehehe

all i can say thousand of Inova, Fort, Hilux have been sold Last year also this year, if its really that defective sana marami na tao sa labas nung toyota dealer roma-rally, or marami ka makikita tumitirik or naka park sa toyota dealers for fixing...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Kung fuel problema di sana pati Strada nagc-choke na rin. Denso rin kasi parts nun like ng D-4D.
    it doesnt mean kun galing Denso yung sa Strada at sa Toyota, ay parehas yung gawa nung parts, D ba?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Not D4D engine related, but I shared this in the Toyota D4D engine woes.

On our 1-1/2 year old Innova J D4D Manual:

1. Rear Axle assembly recall (covered by the warranty)
    2. Damaged front shock absorber (was not covered by the warranty)
    3. Damaged front disk brake lining (was not covered by the warranty)

Numbers 2 and 3 allegedly were from 'wear and tear.' Personally, it was caused by poor parts quality.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    Not D4D engine related, but I shared this in the Toyota D4D engine woes.

On our 1-1/2 year old Innova J D4D Manual:

1. Rear Axle assembly recall (covered by the warranty)
    2. Damaged front shock absorber (was not covered by the warranty)
    3. Damaged front disk brake lining (was not covered by the warranty)

Numbers 2 and 3 allegedly were from 'wear and tear.' Personally, it was caused by poor parts quality.
    2 and 3 not covered? bakit daw?
    AFAIK others brand like honda, will cover shock absorber kasi my friend hit a path hole and his shock blow but warranty covers it...
    baka depende yun sa reasoning mo sir sana diniskartehan mo yung dealer mo that they have to replace it.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ersatz0906 View Post
    2 and 3 not covered? bakit daw?
    AFAIK others brand like honda, will cover shock absorber kasi my friend hit a path hole and his shock blow but warranty covers it...
    baka depende yun sa reasoning mo sir sana diniskartehan mo yung dealer mo that they have to replace it.
    Depende yan sir sa car manufacturer. Some excludes this wear and tear parts in the warranty coverage.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)