New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 126 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1628
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Saw a recent Hilux at a gas station. Hard starting after a fill up. The owner had been trying for several minutes to no avail.

Drop-side, but new-ish looking. Probably a 2010-2011.

Didn't know if it was a battery issue or fuel pump issue, but I assume it's the fuel pump, since it was daytime and on the highway, so the battery should have been charged pretty well by the time he got to the station.
    Not sure if the web is telling us the truth, common flaws of D4D are the defective injectors even at a few thousand kms drive & the annoying-clattered engines at cold start.
    My cousin is always bragging of his 2006 Hilux durability kunu, hasn't miss a beat but my father refute it why, 36K+ kms
    only at the clock. hahaha,

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    just watch top gear polar challenge. The modified hilux was the first car to reach the magnetic north pole. Wow!

D4d engines really are dependable except when you feed it with crap fuel. Well even humans ran into problem if we eat mcdo for a month.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    thanks sir !

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by first_light View Post
    First, I don't think all 2005-2008 D4D models of Innova are affected with this chocking problem.
    Only for some, kasi kung lahat, then sana lahat nag-reklamo na.
    Secondly, kung SCV ang problem then yung nga sana lahat na ng units ay defective.
    Though, maybe they found out that replacing the SCV will improve the performance/design of the Innova and get rid of the hard starting or chocking issue per se.
    My analysis is that some 2005-08 manufactured Innovas has factory defect (lemon cars).
    In a production pov, not all cars are manufactured 100% the same.
    Some cars that did not pass the quality test will be reworked and has to go another quality test hanggang pumasa. Question is, baka ito ang mga nakuha ng mga nagrereklamo ng chocking at hard starting? Malalaman ito kung ang Toyota ay aalamin nila ang mga batches ng Innova na may problema. Then they can trace yung history ng production nito.
    In consumer electronics, ito yung tinatawag na return to vendor (RTV). Once RTV, the vendor will either rework or scrap the unit, and replace it with new one. A report is also needed and recorded to avoid the same problem in the future.
    Kaya importante yung "Lemon Law" kahit may warranty pa ang sasakyan.

Bakit yung Hilux na D4D wala akong naririnig na choking issue? Magka-iba ba ang SCV nila ni Innova?

Cguro may kinalaman din sa paraan ng pag gamit ng sasakyan. Some might use their car more often than the other. The point here is kung na solve ba talaga ang problema ng stalling and choking nung pinalitan na ang SCV to a longer solenoid. In line with this, what is the primary cause of the engine stalling/choking with the original SCV (shorter solenoid)? Is this a design flaw? or a fuel issue?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I guess na solve na ang problema na ito. Wala na naman tayo naririnig na mga reklamo sa mga bagong labas na units (2009-2011). Ang dapat natin tignan ilan ba ang nagkaproblema compared sa total units na nabenta. Nasaan na yung mga forumers na nagkaproblema sa ma units nila?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    http://tsikot.com/forums/toyota-cars...ls-help-52552/

dito sir ang dami nagkaproblema na unit.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SEALANDER View Post
    I guess na solve na ang problema na ito. Wala na naman tayo naririnig na mga reklamo sa mga bagong labas na units (2009-2011). Ang dapat natin tignan ilan ba ang nagkaproblema compared sa total units na nabenta. Nasaan na yung mga forumers na nagkaproblema sa ma units nila?

None for the moment.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    120,000km na commuter 2010 namin. umaandar pa rin :-) nagchoke lang 1 time pero di na naulit

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Is it true that some choking, hard starting problem occured in the 70K up odometer reading? Baka fuel issue na ito ung hindi pa nakapagpalit ng fuel filter kaya clog ang fuel injection pump at hindi na SCV issue.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    I rode on a '09 GL grandia in Baguio, going around the city there. The driver says no choking or any problems. The unit has done 7x,xxx kms.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)