New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 125 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1628
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    2005-2008 models have shown symptoms of the "problem".

2009-present, no reported incidents so far, at least at the internet and forum levels.
    What modifications were made in the 2009 up model for Innova to solve the D4-D issue?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    What modifications were made in the 2009 up model for Innova to solve the D4-D issue?
    They improved the SCV (suction control valve). Made the solenoid longer.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    It seems sa 2.5D4D lang talga yun me problema..Yung company namin have around 8 Innova and 3Grandia and 2Prado so far yun lang Innova ang nagkaproblem and sobra mausok. In terms of use parehas lang sila. Well I think Prado still not a D4D engine.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    First, I don't think all 2005-2008 D4D models of Innova are affected with this chocking problem.
    Only for some, kasi kung lahat, then sana lahat nag-reklamo na.
    Secondly, kung SCV ang problem then yung nga sana lahat na ng units ay defective.
    Though, maybe they found out that replacing the SCV will improve the performance/design of the Innova and get rid of the hard starting or chocking issue per se.
    My analysis is that some 2005-08 manufactured Innovas has factory defect (lemon cars).
    In a production pov, not all cars are manufactured 100% the same.
    Some cars that did not pass the quality test will be reworked and has to go another quality test hanggang pumasa. Question is, baka ito ang mga nakuha ng mga nagrereklamo ng chocking at hard starting? Malalaman ito kung ang Toyota ay aalamin nila ang mga batches ng Innova na may problema. Then they can trace yung history ng production nito.
    In consumer electronics, ito yung tinatawag na return to vendor (RTV). Once RTV, the vendor will either rework or scrap the unit, and replace it with new one. A report is also needed and recorded to avoid the same problem in the future.
    Kaya importante yung "Lemon Law" kahit may warranty pa ang sasakyan.

Bakit yung Hilux na D4D wala akong naririnig na choking issue? Magka-iba ba ang SCV nila ni Innova?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by first_light View Post
    Bakit yung Hilux na D4D wala akong naririnig na choking issue? Magka-iba ba ang SCV nila ni Innova?
    Saw a recent Hilux at a gas station. Hard starting after a fill up. The owner had been trying for several minutes to no avail.

Drop-side, but new-ish looking. Probably a 2010-2011.

Didn't know if it was a battery issue or fuel pump issue, but I assume it's the fuel pump, since it was daytime and on the highway, so the battery should have been charged pretty well by the time he got to the station.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ericson21 View Post
    wala bang lemon law dito satin sa pinas?

kung wala, bat di maipatupad?
    Wala bro. Of course ang dahilan nyan e ang lobbying ng mga Car manufacturer's. Madaling kausapin ang mga lawmakers natin eh...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bakit naghintay pa ang Toyota ng 2009 for that improvement, and hopefully the solution to this issue?...
    (Iyon bang 2005-2009 ay denial stage pa?...:twak
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    It seems sa 2.5D4D lang talga yun me problema..Yung company namin have around 8 Innova and 3Grandia and 2Prado so far yun lang Innova ang nagkaproblem and sobra mausok. In terms of use parehas lang sila. Well I think Prado still not a D4D engine.
    Was following a D4D Innova yesterday,- tinapyas na ang bumper na directly above the exhaust,- dahil nangitim na ito (there are traces of it) sa sobrang usok... Its plate starts with Z....

15.2K:froggy:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011

Do you have a photo of what the SCV looks like? and can it be readily seen from the engine compartment? I'll check if the solenoid is already made longer.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Do you have a photo of what the SCV looks like? and can it be readily seen from the engine compartment? I'll check if the solenoid is already made longer.
    http://tsikot.com/forums/toyota-cars...ml#post1787953

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    on lemon vehicles, afaik, having a factory defect does not automatically mean the vehicle is a lemon. if after several attempts to fix it and the problem persists, then it is a lemon.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)