New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 92 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    it's a hit or miss thing.... would your rather take the hit?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    double post =/
    Last edited by mda; November 14th, 2010 at 02:32 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ajOT View Post
    surely there will be no problem on your d4d engine if the vehicle is properly maintained
    the engine is the life of the car, so if it is properly fed, then I do believe it will give you great results while driving.....

im an Innova d4d owner - had my car since March, 2006

Lot's of people have had issues even when their unit is casa maintained at the right intervals.

Bottomline is mukhang chambahan (or malasan) sa unit =/
    Last edited by mda; November 14th, 2010 at 02:35 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    correct. so I'm not gambling for the D4D variant for now.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    *ginnova, Is the choking problem encountered by your office mate is the same with the reported problems for this vehicle in the previous year? can you please ex-found further...

Being a d4d user, i want to take a look on this seriously because i want to be more pro active on this regard.

TIA

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_cryogenics View Post
    *ginnova, Is the choking problem encountered by your office mate is the same with the reported problems for this vehicle in the previous year? can you please ex-found further...

Being a d4d user, i want to take a look on this seriously because i want to be more pro active on this regard.

TIA
    Fortuner Club Philippines tried to contact Toyota about this last year.

After reading through D-4D issues thread in the FCP forums, TJ Manotoc, even did a brief video report on TV to publicize this choking issue but to no avail. (Try to find it in youtube)

Even despite the increased publicity (bec. of Manotoc's video), Toyota never agreed to a countrywide recall or something. Toyota did agree to quietly diagnose, repair, etc.. the defective units of those who from the forums (FCP and tsikot) who complained. (Good luck to those who don't go to forums or not tech savvy).

Toyota Phils. always manages to sweep it under their rug all the time. Even a direct question and answer with Toyota Phil officials in their plant in Laguna only lead to sheepish looks, feigned ignorance (of the issue) and reticent responses.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    share ko lang, i have an innova 2005 D4d, encountered hard starting problem after 2 years (2007), toyota replaced fuel inlet pipe and o-ring, problem was solved. after 3 years it happened again... tried to contact toyota , they said that it might be the supply pump or suction control valve, the SCV costs arund Php8200. in the end i opted to go somewhere else, i found a repair shop in alabang and what they did was just initialization,wala pang 3mins tapos na...and it cost me around Php500. immediately problem was solved...hopefully yun lang ang prob at di na maulet...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jtbjr View Post
    share ko lang, i have an innova 2005 D4d, encountered hard starting problem after 2 years (2007), toyota replaced fuel inlet pipe and o-ring, problem was solved. after 3 years it happened again... tried to contact toyota , they said that it might be the supply pump or suction control valve, the SCV costs arund Php8200. in the end i opted to go somewhere else, i found a repair shop in alabang and what they did was just initialization,wala pang 3mins tapos na...and it cost me around Php500. immediately problem was solved...hopefully yun lang ang prob at di na maulet...

Nood question, ano ang ginagawa sa "initialization" saan ang shop na ito sa Alabang pards? TIA

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dBoss View Post
    Nood question, ano ang ginagawa sa "initialization" saan ang shop na ito sa Alabang pards? TIA
    actually sir di ko din alam ano yung "initialization", pag kakasabi sakin nung gumagawa parang sini-synchronize daw ung ecu at supply pump. baka parang reset...anyway meron lang sila ginagamit na scanner, hand-held equipment lang na sinasaksak sa port sa bandang baba ng manibela, then may selection lang na ginagawa...nagpagawa ako sa goodyear...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Lot's of people have had issues even when their unit is casa maintained at the right intervals.

Bottomline is mukhang chambahan (or malasan) sa unit =/
    could be a bit of chamba and/or to even to cross your fingers tight upon getting your car/d4d vehicle.....
    yet I still believe on proper maintenance on the owner of the car; its not just mere sense of the PMS in itself but the best contributor for a diesel engine is on how you perform your driving on the d4d.....

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)