New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 90 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by brethren101 View Post
    I was also considering buying an Innova, but after reading the seemingly endless woes on the D4D engine, I'm now looking for other alternatives. However the Toyota SA I was talking to recently advised me that Toyota has changed its fuel injector on on the D4D, but the SA cant elaborate on the injectors source. Any body else heard about this?
    hmmnn.. mukhang binobola ka ng SA na ito. Bakit fuel injectors ang papalitan eh fuel pump ang defective. it seems that your SA is not familiar with the problem bugging the d4d engine.

Just my thought, Peace..

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Has anyone experienced this?

3 days ago it rained hard in QC. At Amoranto water was more or less 4" deep. I drove my Innova through this 4" flood taking care not to over splash. Its only a 25 meters stretch. Now after a few minutes, my Innova started to hesitate at first gear. The engine did not stop, but the car jerked because of hesitation. Then it drove fine.

The following day, same problem presented itself once into my 15km ride to the office.

Today I parked with my engine on for 10 mins. When I started to drive, the Innova choked, hesitated then the engine stopped. I had to re-start in the middle of Quezon Avenue. After that all is well again.

So the problem started when I drove my Innova in a flooded street. What could be the cause?

I drive a 2008 Innova D4D E Manual. Odo 26,700+.

Any ideas guys.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    I am really close in jumping to a D4D engine -- it's the Hilux G 4x2; clean na po ba ito? Taga province kasi ako at malayo sa casa kaya I am making sure..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackshark1999 View Post

3 days ago it rained hard in QC. At Amoranto water was more or less 4" deep. I drove my Innova through this 4" flood taking care not to over splash. Its only a 25 meters stretch. Now after a few minutes, my Innova started to hesitate at first gear. The engine did not stop, but the car jerked because of hesitation. Then it drove fine.

The following day, same problem presented itself once into my 15km ride to the office.

Today I parked with my engine on for 10 mins. When I started to drive, the Innova choked, hesitated then the engine stopped. I had to re-start in the middle of Quezon Avenue. After that all is well again.

So the problem started when I drove my Innova in a flooded street. What could be the cause?

Any ideas guys.
    think back: where did you have a gas fill-up last? is it possible, some water got into your fuel?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    good day mga sir..
    kumuha kami ng Toyota Hiace Commuter, 1 month palang ung van and gagamitin sana pamasada. unang plano namin is, kumuha ng nissan urvan dahil nga mas mura at kadalasan, un ang ginagamit pamasada. pero narinig ko sa ibang urvan owners na underpowered daw ito van lalo na kung puno (eg 18 pax) kaya we plan to buy the new Toyota Hiace para un nalang ipamasada.

mga sir, ask ko sana kung meron na bang problem regarding sa van na hiace na ginamit na pamasada? regarding sa D4D problem? kasi 1 month palang ung van and cross fingers ako na sana wala pang maging problem ung van, in 5 years. pero ung tinanong namin ung SA sabi samin, bagong upgrade daw ung Computer Box sa lahat ng variant.

sa tingin niyo mga sir? wala na kaya magiging problema un? in Choking? Hard Starting? i hope na sana wala na maging problem ung van. laki pa naman ng gastos.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007

Any ideas guys.
    A 4 inch deep water should not cause even a minor issue. Baka sa iba nagoriginate ang problem mo such as Dr. D's response.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    look at the other thread na love nya ang kanyang hiace d4d, no problems according to the owner.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009

Any ideas guys.
    4 inch floods are fairly low. Should not cause any side effects on the engine.

Probably it's just a coincidence that the choking happened after you drove onto the flood or most likely, the gas that you filled up is contaminated with water.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    i guess my question now is (and more directed towards D4D owners) knowing what you know now about the D4D problems, would you still buy a D4D equipped innova/hiace/hilux/fortuner or would you go gas, or another make altogether?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    ^ pero sabi daw ng ilan, ok na yung mga d4d equipped vehicles especially yung mga new released ones. i don't know. or swertehan lang ang pagkuha ng d4d na walang problema sa choking na yan.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)