New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 86 of 163 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jie11 View Post
    thank you sir ocean explorer, my fort does not have that smoke already upon starting the engine since yesterday. God Bless po!!!
    you're welcome!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ajOT View Post
    may I ask on what do you mean by putting on the 5th gear transmission? from start shift to 5th gear without goin to 1st gear and so on?
    if the clutch is somewhat slipping, what is the remedy?
    thanks.....
    No, the other guy mean, for example you're running on the highway or expressway, or some places where do you think you can shift her up to 5th. gear, kasi once na ginawa mo yung from neutral to 5th. gear kaagad,kakalog ang makina mo at may tendency na mamatay pa ang makina depende sa bitaw mo ng clutch, the reason is, kung manipis na ang clutch disc, once you reach the 5th. gear, instead na bumilis pa sya, babagal ang takbo nya kasi hindi na maka-kapit yung disc sa flywheel or pressure plate, so, shift it to lower gear. You can try also, once you shift to first gear, bitawan mo yung clucth dahan-dahan, normally kung ok yung clutch disc, medyo tumatalon pa sasakyan at saka mabilis reaction nya, aarangkada kaagad yan, pero kung manipis na at sliding, mabagal ang reaction nya, tatakbo pa rin pero malamya or parang tinatamad na tumakbo.
    Ang kailangan don, palitan ang clutch disc, pabaklas mo yung transmission, about one day ang consumption sa trabaho don depende pa kung saan ka magpapagawa.
    Kasi two times ko nang na-experience yan sa mga sasakyan ko, once na napalitan yung clutch disc nyan, babalik sa dati ang takbo yan.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelgalas View Post
    Pina diagnosed ko last couple of weeks and they said that it's the Suction valve. Need to replace it, common problem because of the dirty diesel in the Philippines is that possible?
    Hope hinde to OT

If I may ask, if they say na dirty diesel what exactly it means? Dirty in what way?

I ask this because I am working in Military bases, most of available fuel here are what we called JP-8 not lubricated like diesel fuel, JP-8 fuel grade are used in Military vehicles. What we are doing is that we mixed used oil (but it under goes to cleaning, but not as clean as new oil) to JP-8 to make it diesel grade coded DF-2, pero yung used oil na yun came from our power plant generators and we then use the DF-2 to feed our generator ulit and all our diesel vehicles. (sometimes we use pure JP-8 sa mga sasakyan).

Nasabi ko to kasi most of our trucks are Hilux 2.5, Hi-ace, Strada, Ranger and all American trucks na from F250 to 450 also sa may avatar ko Excursion. Ok naman
    Last edited by isotopes7; September 20th, 2010 at 02:14 AM. Reason: add more

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean explorer View Post
    No, the other guy mean, for example you're running on the highway or expressway, or some places where do you think you can shift her up to 5th. gear, kasi once na ginawa mo yung from neutral to 5th. gear kaagad,kakalog ang makina mo at may tendency na mamatay pa ang makina depende sa bitaw mo ng clutch, the reason is, kung manipis na ang clutch disc, once you reach the 5th. gear, instead na bumilis pa sya, babagal ang takbo nya kasi hindi na maka-kapit yung disc sa flywheel or pressure plate, so, shift it to lower gear. You can try also, once you shift to first gear, bitawan mo yung clucth dahan-dahan, normally kung ok yung clutch disc, medyo tumatalon pa sasakyan at saka mabilis reaction nya, aarangkada kaagad yan, pero kung manipis na at sliding, mabagal ang reaction nya, tatakbo pa rin pero malamya or parang tinatamad na tumakbo.
    Ang kailangan don, palitan ang clutch disc, pabaklas mo yung transmission, about one day ang consumption sa trabaho don depende pa kung saan ka magpapagawa.
    Kasi two times ko nang na-experience yan sa mga sasakyan ko, once na napalitan yung clutch disc nyan, babalik sa dati ang takbo yan.
    thanks for that explanation....
    sometimes when I drive my Innova, from N to 1st gear kaunting bitaw lang ng clutch eh andar kaagad; am sometimes doubting na din aboiut my clutch housing or may be something else....

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelgalas View Post
    Pina diagnosed ko last couple of weeks and they said that it's the Suction valve. Need to replace it, common problem because of the dirty diesel in the Philippines is that possible?
    Supply pump or suction valve has probably failed...... but not because of dirty diesel.

"dirty diesel" is a lame excuse often made by some dealers.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Supply pump or suction valve has probably failed...... but not because of dirty diesel.

"dirty diesel" is a lame excuse often made by some dealers.
    Sir, if I may ask; if dirty diesel is a scapegoat or lets say the lame excuse from the dealer; the real culprit on these then, that, the fuel pump of most Toyota are faulty or not working as to how it is expected to work?
    what can be the remedy for these cause, as we already own a Toyota car now!?! we just cant cry over spilled milk on these; do they have any remedial on these? what does the public do about these?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sir, if I may ask; if dirty diesel is a scapegoat or lets say the lame excuse from the dealer; the real culprit on these then, that, the fuel pump of most Toyota are faulty or not working as to how it is expected to work? That's how it looks.

what can be the remedy for these cause, as we already own a Toyota car now!?! we just cant cry over spilled milk on these; do they have any remedial on these? Yes, they came up with an improved supply pump. But you have to pay for it....

what does the public do about these? I don't know.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Balak po namin bumili ng Hi-Ace GL Grandia. okay lang po ba yun? pagkatapos ng mga nabasa ko parang nakakatakot na tuloy.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Sir, if I may ask; if dirty diesel is a scapegoat or lets say the lame excuse from the dealer; the real culprit on these then, that, the fuel pump of most Toyota are faulty or not working as to how it is expected to work? That's how it looks.

what can be the remedy for these cause, as we already own a Toyota car now!?! we just cant cry over spilled milk on these; do they have any remedial on these? Yes, they came up with an improved supply pump. But you have to pay for it....

what does the public do about these? I don't know.
    thanks for the reply
    that can be not so good fact, though, but I believe we have nothing to do with these things around as we have to live with it now......
    I think for Toyota; its always been, Business as Usual.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by andycapp View Post
    Bought my unit November 2007 din, so I have a few months left before my warranty expires.

Hope your problem disappears after the ECU reprogramming and replacement of SCV. Worst scenario is to change the pump assembly which costs north of P70,000.
    gud day bro, up to now wala pa din available SCV for my innova its been a month na, sabi sa akin ng SA orderin pa daw ng planta sa abroad yung part.
    Mustahin ko lang din tol unit mo after mapalitan din ang SCV , hope ok na ok na.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)