New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 84 of 163 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by andycapp View Post
    Just had my Innova D4D fixed (the second time in two years) due to engine stalling. This time they replaced the suction control valve. Was hoping they would change the complete new pump assembly.

Have a few months left on my three-year warranty and I hope I don't get "engine stalling" problems anymore. My unit is an automatic version so its not easy to restart the engine, especially when in the middle of the road crossing an intersection. I have to do to a complete stop to restart, backing up traffic.
    Good day Bro,
    Ask ko lang what are the symptoms na observed mo sa unit mo, did you experience poor or rough idling sa engine or immediately engine stalling before they replaced your SCV. Mine kasi is as per toyota technician suggestion papalitan din daw SCV ng unit ko because after they road test it medyo poor idling at low power daw and this could lead later on on engine stalling kaya nagorder na sila ng SCV sa planta, kaya i'm waiting na lang for the supply to arrive. kamustahin ko din after they replaced your SCV ok na ba unit mo, sana nga this solved the problem before warranty ends. thanks

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by club25 View Post
    I have a 2005 Innova A/T. Almost 5 years na ito sa akin. A few days ago bigla na lang namatay ang makina habang inaatras sa garahe. Its the first time na nag stall ang makina. I called up Toyota Bicutan and they send a mechanic sa house to check the car. A diagnostic test was done but nothing was found. He reset something and up to now hindi na bumalik ang stalling. Ang problema ko ay even before this happened, humihina na ang hatak o power ng innova ko to a point na hirap siyang umakyat kahit sa mga parking lot na inclined. Pag press mo sa accelerator delayed ang bigay ng power. kailangan mo pang i release muna accelerator and press uli para may power and at the same time napansin ko na may oil leak sa turbo. Ano po kaya ang problema ng sasakyan ko. Sorry for the long post. Thanks

sir maybe your clutch is slipping,try the clutch tests put gear in fifth and observe if engine dies ok pa clutch mo and if not slipping na clutch mo.ung oil leak if its coming from the hose it maybe blowby oil papunta ng turbo charger to exhaust it outside.try cleaning ang checks hose connections.if it persist a repair or replacement is needed.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    Good day Bro,
    Ask ko lang what are the symptoms na observed mo sa unit mo, did you experience poor or rough idling sa engine or immediately engine stalling before they replaced your SCV. Mine kasi is as per toyota technician suggestion papalitan din daw SCV ng unit ko because after they road test it medyo poor idling at low power daw and this could lead later on on engine stalling kaya nagorder na sila ng SCV sa planta, kaya i'm waiting na lang for the supply to arrive. kamustahin ko din after they replaced your SCV ok na ba unit mo, sana nga this solved the problem before warranty ends. thanks
    The stalling would occur only during stop and go traffic. It would start with rough idling, then after a few minutes the engine would stall. After restarting, the engine would go back to normal.

Since Toyota replaced my SCV two weeks ago, I haven't experienced the problem anymore (cross my fingers).

By the way, there are two model numbers for the SCV, 04226-0L020 and 04226-0L010. The latter one, which was the one used in my unit, is an inch shorter. There's an interesting discussion on this at the Fortuner club forum.

Here's the link: http://pinoyfortuner.14.forumer.com/...pic.php?t=4729

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    magandang gabi po! i've been following this thread and did observe that sir dieseldude was been a great help to most.

sir pahelp din po. mausok po yung fortuner V ko pagkapaandar ku sa umaga, then maalog yung makina for a few seconds then maging ok na po cya. I had may change oil with petron trekker the other day but its still the same, no improvement. nagkaganito lang po mula nung nagkrudo aku sa province.
    I suspect the diesel which i used in the province at a petron station where they directed me on the line for the jeepneys., naubos po kasi yung no discount lane nung gasolinahan. nagfull tank ako at d pa po nauubos.

anu po kaya maganda gawin ku, Thanks a lot

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by andycapp View Post
    The stalling would occur only during stop and go traffic. It would start with rough idling, then after a few minutes the engine would stall. After restarting, the engine would go back to normal.

Since Toyota replaced my SCV two weeks ago, I haven't experienced the problem anymore (cross my fingers).

By the way, there are two model numbers for the SCV, 04226-0L020 and 04226-0L010. The latter one, which was the one used in my unit, is an inch shorter. There's an interesting discussion on this at the Fortuner club forum.

Here's the link: http://pinoyfortuner.14.forumer.com/...pic.php?t=4729
    So bro, what they installed in your unit is the SCV, 04226-0L020 which is the new one, ask ko lang what year model ang innova mo? mine i bought it nov 2007. Ngayon while waiting for the call of toyota for my SCV, naobserved ko lang in my unit na okey naman ang idling at takbo ng unit ko, i do remember sabi ng SA to me na nireprogram din nila ECU ko, do you think reprograming lang ang kailangan sa unit ko, pero as he said my findings din daw sila sa SCV na for replacement din before stalling occurs to me kaya i followed na din their advise.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rover2027 View Post
    sir maybe your clutch is slipping,try the clutch tests put gear in fifth and observe if engine dies ok pa clutch mo and if not slipping na clutch mo.ung oil leak if its coming from the hose it maybe blowby oil papunta ng turbo charger to exhaust it outside.try cleaning ang checks hose connections.if it persist a repair or replacement is needed.
    may I ask on what do you mean by putting on the 5th gear transmission? from start shift to 5th gear without goin to 1st gear and so on?
    if the clutch is somewhat slipping, what is the remedy?
    thanks.....

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    So bro, what they installed in your unit is the SCV, 04226-0L020 which is the new one, ask ko lang what year model ang innova mo? mine i bought it nov 2007. Ngayon while waiting for the call of toyota for my SCV, naobserved ko lang in my unit na okey naman ang idling at takbo ng unit ko, i do remember sabi ng SA to me na nireprogram din nila ECU ko, do you think reprograming lang ang kailangan sa unit ko, pero as he said my findings din daw sila sa SCV na for replacement din before stalling occurs to me kaya i followed na din their advise.
    Bought my unit November 2007 din, so I have a few months left before my warranty expires.

Hope your problem disappears after the ECU reprogramming and replacement of SCV. Worst scenario is to change the pump assembly which costs north of P70,000.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    hello po sa lahat. a new member po. HELP naman po pls.
    we are planning to buy a second hand Innova D4-D 2008 "J" with 30K mileage. worth it pa po ba to buy, since all the threads I read are all choking, stalling problems? Kindly helps us to decide because huge bucks will be spent. Plus, good investment pa po ba ito to keep? we will be using the car for family use. thanks po...
    More power po sa lahat ng Innova owners and users!!!

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by baxie214 View Post
    we are planning to buy a second hand Innova D4-D 2008 "J" with 30K mileage. worth it pa po ba to buy, since all the threads I read are all choking, stalling problems? Kindly helps us to decide because huge bucks will be spent. Plus, good investment pa po ba ito to keep? we will be using the car for family use. thanks po...
    You have to assess it thoroughly. Is it casa maintained? Do they have records/receipts to show for it?

As for the problems, you can tell detect this easily with a cold engine. It would have a hard time starting, and needing lots of gas pedal throttling in the process. Choking is another thing bec. it usually happens anytime the vehicle is being used on the road. As for the black smoke, try driving normally (no hard revving) and see if any signs of smoke (gray or black) comes out (there should be none) through the exhaust tip.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baxie214 View Post
    nabasa mo na lahat siguro ang dapat mong malaman.. and after reading.. make a choice.. its your money anyway...

for me mag adventure or crosswind ka na lang all power pa compared sa bare j model with a not so trusty d4d engine

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)