New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 83 of 163 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    I'm now in Hongkong and I see a lot of Toyota HiAce (Commuter type).. not sure if the models here are D4D..

but.... tama ba ako na most (huge percentage) of D4D problems are on Innovas? Small percentage lang sa Fortuner.... how about sa HiAce? May mga reports na kaya?
    I'm now back in Manila.. naalala ko lang yung post ko dito... but I think the Hongkong HiAce's are sporting the 3.0 D4D...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ericajeninetan View Post
    Hello Dieseldude!

I am a new member here. I am an a car afficionado myself. I read extensively about the D4D choking problem in this forum.

Just one curious question: all these years that this choking problem had been happening, was there any point in time that TMPC issued a formal re-call to the affected D4D units consumer public or even a silent re-call at all that you are aware of?

Thanks!
    None that I know of.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    From experience, the problem seems to exist on all models. The Innova just has a higher population compared to the the others.
    And just imagine, and compare, how many pinoy owns an innova and how many are actually aware of its problems, shows that buyers are buying this vehicle because it is toyota.
    Buyers trust the name, but what is toyota doing, continuing to hide the facts and not do something to address and once and for all, solve the D-4D problems.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    None that I know of.
    Definitely None. I'm a D4D owner. I did not receive any phone call from any Toyota representative at any time. Just doing a check with owners if they are encountering any type of issue with their vehicles could have been a bit comforting but hell, not one call. I remember receiving a letter from them reminding me to renew my Comp. Insurance!!!

I was in a dealership last week and looked inside the engine bay of a D4D Innova. There I saw the different Fuel Pump installed as compared to my unit. I was waiting for a toyota rep to approach me and ask what am I looking at.

Well, they might be relying on owner's proactiveness so why would they bother, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ghlennmc View Post
    And just imagine, and compare, how many pinoy owns an innova and how many are actually aware of its problems, shows that buyers are buying this vehicle because it is toyota.
    Buyers trust the name, but what is toyota doing, continuing to hide the facts and not do something to address and once and for all, solve the D-4D problems.
    Shame on Toyota for not caring even a bit for the trust the consumers are giving them....

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    i also got problems on our toyota innova d4d few years ago.

we were on a trip then suddenly namatay ung engine. then never started. we backed on the shoulder part of the highway to check problem. as we checked the hood seems no problem. then we waited for a few minutes. then it once again the engine started again, few hours then the engine stalled again, we thought the aircon was the problem everytime we turn on the aircon the rpm ranges to 0.500 rpm then stalled.

few daysafter that happened. we bring our innova to the casa to check what seems the problem. they said that it was they restarted the computer box them tadaa,, it seems better. then we took in home. after that we took the innova to a short ride and to think of it, it stalled again. then we brought it to the casa and said that they must replace the (part that i forgot what it was called) since it was still on warranty, it comes for free pa. then after that we sold the car.

i think the innova back in the years seems to have the company problem that they still dont claim abt the d4d's and CRDi.

i hope they can fix the problem coz we are a toyota users

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    D4D owners (and CRDI owners alike!), finally may answer na (raw) sa dirty fuel naten dito. Petron Turbo Diesel. Any consumer feedback regarding this fuel?

Here's the article: http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/273267...rvice-stations

Hope this helps

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Just had my Innova D4D fixed (the second time in two years) due to engine stalling. This time they replaced the suction control valve. Was hoping they would change the complete new pump assembly.

Have a few months left on my three-year warranty and I hope I don't get "engine stalling" problems anymore. My unit is an automatic version so its not easy to restart the engine, especially when in the middle of the road crossing an intersection. I have to do to a complete stop to restart, backing up traffic.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by andycapp View Post
    Just had my Innova D4D fixed (the second time in two years) due to engine stalling. This time they replaced the suction control valve. Was hoping they would change the complete new pump assembly.

Have a few months left on my three-year warranty and I hope I don't get "engine stalling" problems anymore. My unit is an automatic version so its not easy to restart the engine, especially when in the middle of the road crossing an intersection. I have to do to a complete stop to restart, backing up traffic.
    Dapat kapag napalitan na ng bagong SCV, hindi na masyado mag engine stalling ang unit. And kung medyo mataas na ang mileage, dapat hindi lang SCV ang papalitan, dapat yung buong pump assembly na. Well... Hopefully everything works out for you.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by onmicha View Post
    Dapat kapag napalitan na ng bagong SCV, hindi na masyado mag engine stalling ang unit. And kung medyo mataas na ang mileage, dapat hindi lang SCV ang papalitan, dapat yung buong pump assembly na. Well... Hopefully everything works out for you.
    Omicha is right. High mileage pumps should be replaced outright, not only the SCV. Many internal parts do wear inside the high pressure pump.

The new SCV was introduced by Toyota to address the engine stalling problem. Only time will tell if this is a true fix.

The new SCV is tantamount to Toyota's admittance of a design defect. So why do they keep on pointing their fingers at poor fuel quality? And why doesn't this problem occur with Hyundai CRDIs?

And shouldn't they do a recall if there was a design problem?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    And shouldn't they do a recall if there was a design problem?
    This is a big ? It's sad that they are not compelled by Philippine Laws to act on this obvious product fault/defect. I don't know if Toyota Officials are reading this thread but I hope they are and challenge them to provide an official pronouncement or position on the matter. I've been drafting a letter in my mind to raise this issue to Toyota which I hope I can send before my warranty lapses on November.
    Our product, a well know US brand, is backed by the principle of US' Lemon Law. Every now and then, we will execute what we term as Product Improvement Programs for units under and beyond the prescribed warranty period.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)