New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 82 of 163 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin3000 View Post
    hindi lang toyota ang may problem sa d4d... even nissans

kanina pauwi ako a BRAND NEW nissan navarra was infront of me btw i was driving a isuzu sportivo..grabe ung usok nung navarra every time na aacelerate siya may black smoke daig pa ung sportivo ko.. ang may mags siya i think 20" ang pangit ng offset nakausli ang goma.. for sure ako sobrang putik nun.. and btw naalala ko may nagpost din dito na may navarra na malakas ang usok.. kaya hindi lang d4d ang may prob.
    Tsambahan lang talaga. Noon pag brand new auto mo wala kaba ngayon pag minalas buwan pa lang perwisyo na.

DD, any comments on the new Petron Turbodiesel and upcoming type form Shell? Will it help solve these issues kaya?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    From experience, the problem seems to exist on all models. The Innova just has a higher population compared to the the others.
    *Dieseldude. Based on you're experience, this problem is just as prevalent in the 3 liter fortuners as in the other models? Thanks and more power.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by club25 View Post
    sir puedeng malaman kung saan ang shop ni Dieseldude thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    From experience, the problem seems to exist on all models. The Innova just has a higher population compared to the the others.
    Master Dieseldude, PM mo na lang si Club25 ng shop details mo.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    mga sir, share nyo naman po yung mga steps kung pano palitan yung fuel fiter ng innova. tska yung proper cleaning ng EGR kung pwede ito i-DIY sa bahay. Fuel filter replacement is easy. Turn the round retainer to unlock the bottom housing, then pull it down. Remove the filter element and replace. The EGR is not a DIY thing.

our innova is a 09 d4d mt, 42++ sa odo, and thank god wala pa naman ako nagiging problem. and i really hope i dont. under warranty pa kaso we decided to have our oil change and other PMS in a gasoline station here at our place. i know this is a very big risk considering d4d's reputation, pero this way nakakapamili ako ng products na gagamitin, i do save money at nakikita ko ang ginagawa sa innova namin. but i still follow my car manual religiously when it comes to maintenance. expect those parts that says "Bring your Toyota to the nearest dealer immediately tsaka Contact your Toyota Dealer. You may lose your warranty support if PMS is not done by the casa.

Sir dieseldude you are a big help to a lot of tsikoteers. thanks

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Mike from pampanga, 5 years na yun Innova j, namamatay every time you start without stepping on the gas pedal, so kailangan naka step ka sa gas, I mean nakaalalay, 95k kms na yun unit, ano kaya yun problema? Hindi naman dati ganon isang click lang continues yun andar,

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    mababa ung menor? try to bring it to casa sir

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelgalas View Post
    Mike from pampanga, 5 years na yun Innova j, namamatay every time you start without stepping on the gas pedal, so kailangan naka step ka sa gas, I mean nakaalalay, 95k kms na yun unit, ano kaya yun problema? Hindi naman dati ganon isang click lang continues yun andar,
    This is probably a supply pump problem which can easily be fixed.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    will petron and shell solve these common rail engines since they will launch a new diesel fuel formulated for common rail and conventional diesel engines?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    will petron and shell solve these common rail engines since they will launch a new diesel fuel formulated for common rail and conventional diesel engines?
    If you're talking about Toyota's unexpected engine shut-downs, I don't think so. It would be good though if Petron and Shell worked on further improving our diesel quality.

From my experience, the problem seems to be specific to the Denso common rail pump which Toyota uses as this fault rarely occurs on Bosch equipped diesel cars.

The solution is through an improvement in Toyota's supply pump, and not on the diesel fuel quality.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hello Dieseldude!

I am a new member here. I am an a car afficionado myself. I read extensively about the D4D choking problem in this forum.

Just one curious question: all these years that this choking problem had been happening, was there any point in time that TMPC issued a formal re-call to the affected D4D units consumer public or even a silent re-call at all that you are aware of?

Thanks!

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)