New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 77 of 163 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bumblebok View Post
    ok thanks for sharing... no question when it comes to financial capability,because i have 3 vehicles. But i find my toyota innova is expensive in the maintenance compare to my other vehicle and juz worried what i spend in the innova will not be worth it.. anyway how old is your innova? mine is 26months. did you check the chassis? I find early sign of rust on the chassis, very dissapointed with toyota. i did not have this early case on my nissan.
    i thinks we have 36months warranty regarding this.. pwede mo reklamo sa toyota yan.. dapat hindi mag rust yan... kase nagpapa rust proof naman sila.. sorry ot

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by guy^ View Post
    i thinks we have 36months warranty regarding this.. pwede mo reklamo sa toyota yan.. dapat hindi mag rust yan... kase nagpapa rust proof naman sila.. sorry ot
    yes i tried complain this at Toyota but the foreman said the factory antirust proofing warranty is case to case basis.. sana they have to be specific on what is cover with the warranty.. try nyo e check sa innova nyo. its on upper part of the bar that holds the transmission.. if on the lower part wala naman.. some rust can be found below radiator bracket. back portion...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    ok thanks for sharing... no question when it comes to financial capability,because i have 3 vehicles. But i find my toyota innova is expensive in the maintenance compare to my other vehicle and juz worried what i spend in the innova will not be worth it.. anyway how old is your innova? mine is 26months. did you check the chassis? I find early sign of rust on the chassis, very dissapointed with toyota. i did not have this early case on my nissan.
    My innova will be out of warranty by November this year though it only has accumulated a little less than 22000km on the odometer. Used sparingly. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of buying a new vehicle so I'll have to stick with it for a little while. I do have a company car but the Innova is my FIRST car, so the sentimental value that comes with it.

I inspect the underside every now and then and it is in perfect condition. I did broke the front right towing eyelet in one careless driving occasion and regretted it. No major cause for alarm though. I stopped worrying on the possibility of the engine dying on me one of these days. It will do me no good.

For me, it is still a reliable ride having an excellent fuel consumption of 10.5 km/li in city.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    My innova will be out of warranty by November this year though it only has accumulated a little less than 22000km on the odometer. Used sparingly. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of buying a new vehicle so I'll have to stick with it for a little while. I do have a company car but the Innova is my FIRST car, so the sentimental value that comes with it.

I inspect the underside every now and then and it is in perfect condition. I did broke the front right towing eyelet in one careless driving occasion and regretted it. No major cause for alarm though. I stopped worrying on the possibility of the engine dying on me one of these days. It will do me no good.

For me, it is still a reliable ride having an excellent fuel consumption of 10.5 km/li in city.
    yes its good to see things that you have accomplish and invest in. anyway i did not know about this issue about toyota d4d engine until one time i drive out of town to mt. kanlaon i was driving my frontier when i saw a stalled 4x2hilux as a good samaritan i pull over. they told me bigla na lng tumirik ang makina. i investigate and look what is the problem cuz its the same engine with my innova. i thot baka nag overheat because its long uphill drive. hindi nman kasi nasa gitna ang temp gauge. we tried start it medyo may hard starting at umandar naman when he start to gear, the hilux just move a few meters and it stalled again. so i just help them tow the car to the nearest municipal... after that it bothers me what if that also happen to my innova. That begins me to question the quality and reliability of toyota.

on innova d4d MT i cant estimate my fuel consumption in city driving. but i get almost 14 to 16km/liter on the highway in average speed of 80km/h..

next week maintenance of my innova, I plan not bring it sa casa. ang warranty parang wala din naman false assurance.

ANY SUGGESTION sa toyota owners
    WHAT FULLY SYNTHETIC OIL is better sa D4D 2kd-ftd engine?

thanks.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TOKYO — Toyota Motor Corp. said Thursday about 270,000 vehicles sold worldwide, including luxury Lexus sedans, have faulty engines, but the company did not say whether it would recall the automobiles.

The world's biggest automaker said the defective engines could stall while the vehicles were moving
    http://www.gmanews.tv/story/194933/t...faulty-engines

Hahaha... Sinabi nyo pa!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    In the company i worked, we have a total of 8 Innovas all D4D (08-00)models and 3superGrandias. We never had a single issues about stalling etc. of the engine..The only commonalities i could share is that all our Innovas are smoke belchers..the grandias fortunately were not.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    what would make our d4d engine smoke belch black/grey/brown smoke along the road?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    2006 Fortuner, 30,000+kms = engine stalling due to supply pump problem (June 2010)

2007 Innova, 11,000+kms = Alternator light in the dash comes on & off,

• assessed by Toyota Commonwealth (paid P750 for this) = needs alternator replacement, P30,000 parts only

• after buying the alternator in Toyota (parts dealer) Banawe QC & installed in independent shop = loose drive belt only!!! Original Alternator was ok. Buti na lang nai-refund yung replacement alternator.

To Toyota Commonwealth:

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    kanina lang, 2009 Fortuner, smoke belcher kaagad hehe.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    yes its good to see things that you have accomplish and invest in. anyway i did not know about this issue about toyota d4d engine until one time i drive out of town to mt. kanlaon i was driving my frontier when i saw a stalled 4x2hilux as a good samaritan i pull over. they told me bigla na lng tumirik ang makina. i investigate and look what is the problem cuz its the same engine with my innova. i thot baka nag overheat because its long uphill drive. hindi nman kasi nasa gitna ang temp gauge. we tried start it medyo may hard starting at umandar naman when he start to gear, the hilux just move a few meters and it stalled again. so i just help them tow the car to the nearest municipal... after that it bothers me what if that also happen to my innova. That begins me to question the quality and reliability of toyota.

on innova d4d MT i cant estimate my fuel consumption in city driving. but i get almost 14 to 16km/liter on the highway in average speed of 80km/h..

next week maintenance of my innova, I plan not bring it sa casa. ang warranty parang wala din naman false assurance.

ANY SUGGESTION sa toyota owners
    WHAT FULLY SYNTHETIC OIL is better sa D4D 2kd-ftd engine?

thanks.
    I also own a 2010 model Innova d4d engine2.50G, last May ko lang binili, wala pa naman akong nadetect na mulfunction, I even try to push to the maximum speed na kaya ng dibdib ko 170km/hr. and Iwas very satisfied
    to its performance,

What I can I say is always have to follow the PMS schedule, you can have Castrol oil for the change oil.

mdggapo

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)