New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 76 of 163 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    is this issue still happening with the 2010 innova?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    [quote=ajOT;1493453]the problem on these, is that, some dealers are on a complete denial of the said d4d issue.....
    i've even talked to some dealers (toyota-alabang); according to them they have not heard of any kind and/or have not encountered any repairs on that said issue - for me, what such a big liar![/quot

dude walang alam mga tao diyan sa toyota alabang. kadalasan mga ojt lang ang mga mekaniko ng titipid kasi may ari niyan na si Mr. Lee. Parang bang pinagpaparaktisan ang sasakyan mo ng mga ojt. kaya alam ko kasi dati diyan ako ng work.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    [quote=jalibee;1498780]
    Quote Originally Posted by ajOT View Post
    the problem on these, is that, some dealers are on a complete denial of the said d4d issue.....
    i've even talked to some dealers (toyota-alabang); according to them they have not heard of any kind and/or have not encountered any repairs on that said issue - for me, what such a big liar!
    dude walang alam mga tao diyan sa toyota alabang. kadalasan mga ojt lang ang mga mekaniko ng titipid kasi may ari niyan na si Mr. Lee. Parang bang pinagpaparaktisan ang sasakyan mo ng mga ojt. kaya alam ko kasi dati diyan ako ng work.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    [quote=jalibee;1498782]
    Quote Originally Posted by jalibee View Post

alright then.
    am sorry, but I really have no question if an OJT is the one that handles the car, as long as the immediate supervisor is there to watch nor supervise; but they should let them know how to say things on a factual way.
    kapag nagkamali naman sila, it will be at the owners discretion now if something is not performing right on his car; whether you sue him or you tell him to pay for damages+refund+hassle+etc.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    sir pepep i have 08innova E MT....I only get 75to80kph at 2000rpm.. I made a complain in Toyota and they made a diagnosis on my engine. but they assure me that nothing is wrong on my engine. its still under warranty.. Im worried if the warranty end and the car get lots of problem.. My car is service by toyota every 7thou km. fully synthetic oil pa ang gamit ko eversince..Lahat is done by Toyota and its not cheap. Parang hindi worth ang ginagastos ko. I also have a nissan frontier 4wd which is my everyday car i own it for 11 yrs the odo is 187,+++ and I got no problem with it. cheap to maintain, very strong AC compare to my innova.. do you think ang innova is worth keeping?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pepep View Post
    A/T ba innova mo? sakin nasa 90kph pag 2k rpm.. 100-110kph ko is about 2.5-2.7k rpm naman. Manual Innova ko
    sir pepep i have 08innova E MT....I only get 75to80kph at 2000rpm.. I made a complain in Toyota and they made a diagnosis on my engine. but they assure me that nothing is wrong on my engine. its still under warranty.. Im worried if the warranty end and the car get lots of problem.. My car is service by toyota every 7thou km. fully synthetic oil pa ang gamit ko eversince..Lahat is done by Toyota and its not cheap. Parang hindi worth ang ginagastos ko. I also have a nissan frontier 4wd which is my everyday car i own it for 11 yrs the odo is 187,+++ and I got no problem with it. cheap to maintain, very strong AC compare to my innova.. do you think ang innova is worth keeping?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bumblebok View Post
    I also get the same speed at around the same engine RPM. It is not an issue. I'm also an M/T D4D owner. As A/T is only 4 speed, gear ratio is different from M/T.

On your question if the innova is worth keeping, the answer will be entirely up to you. The basis will be your confidence level on the vehicle versus your financial capability to replace with another vehicle, if you would like a brand new one. Trading with a used Gas variant may not require you to pay extra but, again, it depends on your needs and circumstances.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I just saw a 09 Fortuner (LTO plates N-series) probably a 2.5 dsl variant on SLEX northbound, belching thick black smoke... well it means toyota didn't get all the gremlins out of their D4D engines....

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    I just saw a 09 Fortuner (LTO plates N-series) probably a 2.5 dsl variant on SLEX northbound, belching thick black smoke... well it means toyota didn't get all the gremlins out of their D4D engines....
    hindi pa rin solve ang prob ng D4d 2KD-FTD engine. I have a friend who owns the first batch of 2010 fortuner 2.5 MT .belching a black smoke if revving it in 2500rpm.. odo is 8k and toyota claims a defect catalytic converter.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    I also get the same speed at around the same engine RPM. It is not an issue. I'm also an M/T D4D owner. As A/T is only 4 speed, gear ratio is different from M/T.

On your question if the innova is worth keeping, the answer will be entirely up to you. The basis will be your confidence level on the vehicle versus your financial capability to replace with another vehicle, if you would like a brand new one. Trading with a used Gas variant may not require you to pay extra but, again, it depends on your needs and circumstances.
    ok thanks for sharing... no question when it comes to financial capability,because i have 3 vehicles. But i find my toyota innova is expensive in the maintenance compare to my other vehicle and juz worried what i spend in the innova will not be worth it.. anyway how old is your innova? mine is 26months. did you check the chassis? I find early sign of rust on the chassis, very dissapointed with toyota. i did not have this early case on my nissan.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)