New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 74 of 163 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    as per sir dieseldude's last post, it's still wait and see whether the pump upgrade will solve the problem or not.

What's weird to me is that there doesn't seem to be a general pattern emerging. If the fuel quality here really is the culprit then we should be seeing a lot more innova diesels keeling over at the side of the road.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by centric View Post
    Sirs,

Just a newbie here, i'm planning to acquire a 2010 Innova G M/T D4D, with what I have read in this thread I am now having double thoughts whether if I will pursue the purchase or not...Do you you guys think the TMP has already addressed this problem with the new innova model? meaning replaced the defective pump? or should I say is it already safe to say that it ok to get the innova 2010 model? Hoping for your advice...TIA
    No one can really tell that. Sure, Toyota will tell you it has been solved. However, we don't have the statistics to prove it to be so. The mere fact that there were occurences of such problems, it will always be a cause for concern especially for new buyers like you. Mine is an 07 D4D but had only accumulated less than 22000 km so far. Problems with the engine - Nope.. Happy with the performance - definitely!!. Though I become agitated when I started reading this thread. If I were in your position I might be thinking twice or thrice myself. There are a lot of happy D4D owners I know. But then, I also occasionally see Innovas and Fortuners emitting black smoke as if they don't have Common rail engines. Do not always believe what the Sales Rep are saying, most of them hindi alam ang mga bagay na ito. Talk to other innova owners. It won't hurt you to start a conversation with a few you would encounter here and there. In the end, it will be your decision.

If your fuel allowance can afford the use of gasoline, then go for the Gas variant if you are really keen on getting an Innova. It really is a great multipurpose family car.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    No one can really tell that. Sure, Toyota will tell you it has been solved. However, we don't have the statistics to prove it to be so. The mere fact that there were occurences of such problems, it will always be a cause for concern especially for new buyers like you. Mine is an 07 D4D but had only accumulated less than 22000 km so far. Problems with the engine - Nope.. Happy with the performance - definitely!!. Though I become agitated when I started reading this thread. If I were in your position I might be thinking twice or thrice myself. There are a lot of happy D4D owners I know. But then, I also occasionally see Innovas and Fortuners emitting black smoke as if they don't have Common rail engines. Do not always believe what the Sales Rep are saying, most of them hindi alam ang mga bagay na ito. Talk to other innova owners. It won't hurt you to start a conversation with a few you would encounter here and there. In the end, it will be your decision.

If your fuel allowance can afford the use of gasoline, then go for the Gas variant if you are really keen on getting an Innova. It really is a great multipurpose family car.
    +1

When we buy a car, there should be a "peace of mind" package that comes with the unit and not the agony/torture package..

Simple lang yan bro, signs and symptoms of the D4d engine problem is this, hard starting especially during cold starts.. Usually it starts but the engine dies a second later, then you start it again this time you have to press the gas pedal.. Once you experience this, get ready for the stalling so always wear your seatbelt, remember most moderns cars are electronic, so if the engine dies, your power steering dies, so will your brakes.. Oh and pray to God your only cruising at low speeds(in and out of the metro), if your cruising at Nlex,Sctex or Slex at speeds of over a 100kph, I don't know what else to say.. This is not to scare you bro, this is reality.. This is how dangerous the D4d problem is, and toyota doesn't seem to be concerned about it, if not for the news broadcasted a while back with fireblade on it, I don't think they will ever solve this problem, and the bad news is, they still haven't.. Well, at least in our case.. There should've been an announcement or something saying they will recall all 05-08 Innovas.. But nothing..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post

+1

When we buy a car, there should be a "peace of mind" package that comes with the unit and not the agony/torture package..

Simple lang yan bro, signs and symptoms of the D4d engine problem is this, hard starting especially during cold starts.. Usually it starts but the engine dies a second later, then you start it again this time you have to press the gas pedal.. Once you experience this, get ready for the stalling so always wear your seatbelt, remember most moderns cars are electronic, so if the engine dies, your power steering dies, so will your brakes.. Oh and pray to God your only cruising at low speeds(in and out of the metro), if your cruising at Nlex,Sctex or Slex at speeds of over a 100kph, I don't know what else to say.. This is not to scare you bro, this is reality.. This is how dangerous the D4d problem is, and toyota doesn't seem to be concerned about it, if not for the news broadcasted a while back with fireblade on it, I don't think they will ever solve this problem, and the bad news is, they still haven't.. Well, at least in our case.. There should've been an announcement or something saying they will recall all 05-08 Innovas.. But nothing..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    I am not sure on the period it started. Best thing would be to ask any Toyota dealer.
    the problem on these, is that, some dealers are on a complete denial of the said d4d issue.....
    i've even talked to some dealers (toyota-alabang); according to them they have not heard of any kind and/or have not encountered any repairs on that said issue - for me, what such a big liar!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ajOT View Post
    the problem on these, is that, some dealers are on a complete denial of the said d4d issue.....
    i've even talked to some dealers (toyota-alabang); according to them they have not heard of any kind and/or have not encountered any repairs on that said issue - for me, what such a big liar!
    How sad for the Filipino consumer!!!!!! Denials on such issues by dealer representatives, can only aggravate the problem. With all the posted problems here, they should seriously confront this issue. Why then did they upgrade their design?

I hope a dealer rep would reply to this post.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackshark1999 View Post
    Bro Dieseldude, when you sa current, what year nagumpisa? Kasama na kaya ang 2008?
    Definitely not starting 2008. Mine was an 08 and they changed the supply pump at least 3 times.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ajOT View Post
    nung sa megamall, tiningnan ko yung Innova doon dati, tapos tinanong ko yung sales agent kung kamusta na ang D4D problem. wala, ngiti lang siya hehehe.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last weekend I had a complete fluid drain and replacement on my Innova at a nearby Gasoline station, while watching the mechanic does his routine a lady approaches me and ask if my Innova is diesel and I said it was gas variant. She asked me if I know what's the problem with her 2006 Innova D4d that was showing signs of hard starting and stalling and I said your Innova now needs fuel pump replacement that cost P40K++ and she was shocked. I told her to read reviews and post of fellow Innova users here in tsikot.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    hi! toyota owners i am new to tsikot.. I own a 08InnovaD4d my odo is 35+++... I just want to ask how much yung speed ng innova nyo on 2000rpm? In original tire size 205/65R15...because mine now is only 75kph at 2000rpm... and i notice my engine consume more fuel..and not very responsive in overtaking.I compare it when its odo 5+++.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)