New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 71 of 163 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Anlakas bumatak ng new HiAce D4D namin sana walang maging problema. Akala ko kotse ang dala ko kayang kaya ang 160kph. Sobrang tining ng makina. Meron na bang nagkaproblema sa 2010 D4D?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Bro,
    Whats involved in the upgrade? Improved pump housing and a larger suction control valve will be used.

Will it prevent further issues with the fuel pump or will it still fail after a few years? We still cannot say because only time will tell if this is a true fix to Toyota's problem.

I was originally eyeing second hand innova diesels but the fuel pump and injection issues are scaring me...add to that toyota's poor handling of recalls. Very true.

Now Im considering crosswinds instead. Good choice....
    I see. So baka may iba pa palang bumigay aside from the fuel pump...heard injectors also become a problem...mas malaking gastos to.

Got the info below from the net. Drive by wire instead of accelerator cables....sounds like a high tech approach, but what if it fails? Could this have happened on the Prius in the US (although hybrid)?

Refined, powerful and clean

D-4D common rail diesel engines offer class-leading performance along with the widest torque band in the market. Either four or six cylinder, turbocharged and intercooled, a variable nozzle turbocharger has been installed to boost power output while maintaining low emissions and low fuel consumption. Torque is boosted at low engine speeds for improved driveability.

The power boost is achieved by controlling the velocity of the exhaust gas inflow to the turbocharger at all times in response to engine conditions. The speed of the turbine depends on the flow velocity of the exhaust gases going through the impeller. The flow velocity of the gas is controlled by the variable vane nozzle.

The computerised engine control unit calculates the optimum turbocharger pressure from a series of engine operating conditions such as throttle opening, engine speed, atmospheric pressure and water temperature. It then opens or closes 11 variable vanes in the turbo inlet manifold to adjust the intake pressure to the optimum value.

The long-term durability of the turbine housing is assured by the use of oxidisation resistant cast iron. The engine block is also cast iron alloy while the cylinder head is light-weight aluminium alloy.

Twin overhead camshafts are driven by a toothed belt which is auto-tensioned forsmooth, quieter operation. Belt life has been maximised to 150,000km for reduced maintenance costs.

The crankshaft pulley is dampened to reduce vibration and drives the V-ribbed belt that powers the alternator. The use of a V-ribbed belt, with auto-tensioner, results in longer belt maintenance intervals and lower running costs. The engine oil filter has also been moved in order to improve access and reduce service times.

Low emissions
    All Toyota D-4D engines meet at least European Step III emission legislation and Avensis D-4D already meets Step IV emissions regulations. Potentially harmful gases and particulates reduced, thanks to the improved fuel consumption and more efficient combustion of the direct injection engine. Emissions of the main greenhouse gas, CO2, are cut by around 20%.

Improvements to the exhaust gas recirculation unit (EGR) further cut NOx emissions. A step motor on the EGR valve enables more precise control of quantities and the use of water cooling of the EGR passage lowers the temperature of the exhaust gas, allowing a greater amount to be recirculated.

Twin catalytic converters help the diesel-engine meet Step III emissions. One converter, just downstream of the exhaust manifold, uses thin-wall substrates for faster warm-up while a full sized oxidation catalyst beneath the floor ensures cleaner emissions even at low exhaust gas temperatures.

Precise control of fuel injection is achieved through the engine control unit and a 'drive-by-wire' throttle position sensor. There is no accelerator cable.

Reduced noise and vibration
    Toyota engineers used advanced computer analysis (the Finite Element Method) to study noise and vibration throughout the car. It has been reduced to a minimum. The engine block has been stiffened by reshaping the rear surface, with optimum positioning of ribs and by improving the cylinder wall thickness. These measures not only reduce noise but also lead to increased durability.

The air cleaner case has been increased in size to reduce the amount of air intake noise. On the exhaust side, a ball joint between the downpipe and the main exhaust has been used to reduce vibration.

An extra sound proofing sheet in the front occupant footwells and sound proofing felt on the passenger compartment side of the front panel reduce engine noise transmission.
    Last edited by xfreemanx; April 29th, 2010 at 05:41 AM. Reason: added info

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I am somewhat currently experiencing some minor stalling on my Innova d4d from the time I had my oil change using a DELO GOLD Multigrade in CALTEX; I dont usually experience this especially when I just started my engine, but now almost all the time I have the step on the gas pedals when starting to avoid stalling issue; could the oil be the culprit of these?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ajOT View Post
    I am somewhat currently experiencing some minor stalling on my Innova d4d from the time I had my oil change using a DELO GOLD Multigrade in CALTEX; I dont usually experience this especially when I just started my engine, but now almost all the time I have the step on the gas pedals when starting to avoid stalling issue; could the oil be the culprit of these?
    I feel bad about it. By the way san ka nag papakarga, Shell, Caltex or Petron? Pa iba iba ba or sa isang station lang?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by likot View Post
    I feel bad about it. By the way san ka nag papakarga, Shell, Caltex or Petron? Pa iba iba ba or sa isang station lang?
    as much as possible I only use Caltex Diesel with Techron
    medyo paiba iba ang pagpakarga kung saan ako maabutan na kelangan ko na mag refuel sa Innova; any CALTEX branch

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    This is probably a supply pump problem.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    This is probably a supply pump problem.
    what can I do with the supply pump problem I got? other than replacing it with new one.....

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    what can I do with the supply pump problem I got? other than replacing it with new one.....
    Get a rebuilt - exchange supply pump. Your old pump will have a core value.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009

I didnt know if this was the resolution though
    I happen to notice that I get stalling issue, once I dont follow the turbo timer, for it to automatically turn off my engine on a desired time, what I have been doing is putting the timer into 0; but now I let it Stop following the turbo timer no matter if it takes 2 minutes or so, at least now am not experiencing any stalling issue.....

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I didnt know if this was the resolution though
    I happen to notice that I get stalling issue, once I dont follow the turbo timer, for it to automatically turn off my engine on a desired time, what I have been doing is putting the timer into 0; but now I let it Stop following the turbo timer no matter if it takes 2 minutes or so, at least now am not experiencing any stalling issue.....
    Turbo timer .... Aftermarket, I assume? You only need to run the engine at idle for about 30 seconds then you can turn your engine off. The purpose is just to let the turbo impellers cool a bit before shutting down. I don't think it is related to stalling. It might be best to have your fuel supply pump inspected, nakakaexperience ka na pala ng stalling.

Let's hear the expert's advise, Sir Dieseldude?

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)