New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 69 of 163 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    hello po ... yung innova 05 model diesel matic ko bigla nalang tumigil kagabi,after 1st start, umandar pero namatay din agad... after second start umandar at namatay din agad... pero mga succeding starting ayaw na magstart. yung fuel indicator din pala umilaw... anu kaya problema?thanks in advance po.medyo worried ako/...may naka experience na ba nito?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by joedreamerz View Post
    hello po ... yung innova 05 model diesel matic ko bigla nalang tumigil kagabi,after 1st start, umandar pero namatay din agad... after second start umandar at namatay din agad... pero mga succeding starting ayaw na magstart. yung fuel indicator din pala umilaw... anu kaya problema?thanks in advance po.medyo worried ako/...may naka experience na ba nito?
    May tubig ang fuel filter kung nag bi-blink and fuel indicator. Barado naman ang fuel filter kung steady ang ilaw ng fuel indicator.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiz4 View Post
    I am working with a company na may fleet ng ibat ibang sasakyan. may crosswind, adventure, revo, toyota na d4d (2.5 at 3L). sa isang araw ay mahina na ang 300km ang byahe nila kasi service vehicle.napatunayan na ang pinakamaganda sa kanila ay crosswind then adventure.malakas sa diesel ang revo tapos sirain pa ang steering at aircon. worse ang d4d.yung 3L ay napakalakas sa diesel.mga 3 to 4 km/l. pag takbo mo ay 80kph doon lang tumitipid.may madalas pang masira doon sa makina kaya palaging nasa kasa.after 2yrs ay nagdecide na ipasubasta na lang.mhal i maintain.yung 2.5 naman ay laging may problema sa fuel pump.nagloko na din ang injectors. may pagkakataon na gumastos ang kumpanya ng 100k pesos.yung isa unit ay 8 months na tenga dahil walang parts.crosswind talaga ang maganda.may unit kami na 750k na ang odometer pero superb condition and running nya.matibay ang makinang 4jai.maingay nga lang.ang pangit pa ay yung quality ng body works.hindi aligned ang pinto at mga functionality ng accesories nya.all in all ay crosswind pa din lalo na kung for keeps ang sasakyan.maataas pa re sale value.revo ang worse sa lahat.malakas sa diesel ang 2L na makina.mas maingay pa sa isuzu.maluwag nga lang.ang adventure naman ay maliit lang ang kaha pero sya ang may pinaka pinong tumakbo.
    --------------------------------------------

Isuzu pa rin pala yung pinaka-ok pag diesel engine....yung sa crosswind,, old school fuego pick-up engine pa yata yan na may turbo, kaya matipid and matibay.......maingay nga lang....

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    ok talaga ang old school diesel engines like the 4d56 of mitsubishi and 4jai of isuzu compared sa ibang diesel engines and easy to maintain madaming parts available and mura.. kaya yan pa din ang gamit ng crosswind (maingay mausok and mahina ang hatak) mitsubishi l300,strada and montero 2.5liter (mausok)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    this is what I currently do on my Innova:
    there was a blinking light on my dashboard, brought it to casa, and let em fix it, they drained the pump and I also did change the filter, after an hour there goes the blink again, brought it to casa, and was informed need to change my fuel centimeter-a part that they have no avail as of the moment... what I just did as soon as I arrive home, I unplug the wire from the pump where it connects to the computer box juz to avoid that blinking cursor on my dash; and it also prevents or no experience of stalling; can this be a solution to stalling? what can be the Logic? is it because I removed the plug from the pump so the computer box does not see any warning no more and it wont control the engine to stall and let me continue my run....

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    this is what I currently do on my Innova:
    there was a blinking light on my dashboard, brought it to casa, and let em fix it, they drained the pump and I also did change the filter, after an hour there goes the blink again, brought it to casa, and was informed need to change my fuel centimeter- (sedimentor) a part that they have no avail as of the moment...

what I just did as soon as I arrive home, I unplug the wire from the pump where it connects to the computer box juz to avoid that blinking cursor on my dash; and it also prevents or no experience of stalling; can this be a solution to stalling? No, this will not prevent stalling.

what can be the Logic? The wire connection just tells your ECU that water is present inside your filter / sedimentor. It also warns you that water has to be drained from the filter asap.

is it because I removed the plug from the pump so the computer box does not see any warning no more and it wont control the engine to stall and let me continue my run.... Stalling is not initiated by the ECU. Stalling is often due to a faulty supply pump.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    fuel centimeter- (sedimentor)
    - so this is what it is called; sorry for my term bout that fuel centimeter

what I just did as soon as I arrive home, I unplug the wire from the pump where it connects to the computer box juz to avoid that blinking cursor on my dash; and it also prevents or no experience of stalling; can this be a solution to stalling? No, this will not prevent stalling.
    - I thought it is, coz after doing so, I no longer experience any stalling issue on my Innova d4d

what can be the Logic? The wire connection just tells your ECU that water is present inside your filter / sedimentor. It also warns you that water has to be drained from the filter asap.
    - but sir, the water has already been drained from the pump by CASA-Toyota; why would it blink again? Could that mean that they did not properly drained the water from the pump; I even change the filter inside the fuel pump....

is it because I removed the plug from the pump so the computer box does not see any warning no more and it wont control the engine to stall and let me continue my run.... Stalling is not initiated by the ECU. Stalling is often due to a faulty supply pump.
    - oh I see. I thought it is the ECU that makes the engine stall due to a warning given by a particular engine part.... it let 'em stall so you can immediately attend to the need of that specific engine part....

tnx, dieseldude....

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    fuel centimeter- (sedimentor)
    - so this is what it is called; sorry for my term bout that fuel centimeter. No problem, ok lang yan....

- I thought it is, coz after doing so, I no longer experience any stalling issue on my Innova d4d. This is probably just a coincidence.

- but sir, the water has already been drained from the pump by CASA-Toyota; why would it blink again? Faulty sensor or sensor harness?
    Could that mean that they did not properly drained the water from the pump; I even change the filter inside the fuel pump....
    Possible, but this would be very remote.

is it because I removed the plug from the pump so the computer box does not see any warning no more and it wont control the engine to stall and let me continue my run.... From my experience with D4Ds, stalling is not initiated by the ECU. Stalling is often due to a faulty supply pump. - oh I see. I thought it is the ECU that makes the engine stall due to a warning given by a particular engine part.... it let 'em stall so you can immediately attend to the need of that specific engine part.... This is possible but unlikely, and it's called limp home mode. The ECU can stop the engine or prevent a start if severe fault/s are detected. Limp home mode often has many stages of engine protection, ranging from limited power output to engine protection shutdown.

tnx, dieseldude.... You're welcome....

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    tnx dieseldude

very informative...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    mga sir tanung ko lng ano ba year ung may D4D problems meron kami 2006 hilux 4 x 4 so far wala pa nmn stalling. nasa 157+k na millage

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)