Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Hyundai Santa Fe
    Hyundai Santa Fe .

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by c2c View Post
    Hi Guys & Gals on this thread!

I'm planning also in buying a diesel engine vehicle for everyday use in the field replacing our Altis 1.8, continue using the Altis is making a big hole in our budget. Anyways, I've been reading about the D4D engine problems, it seems to be like what happened to my trooper before, it just stops and eventually the engine is stalling frequently.

My wife and I just came from a Toyota dealer today to look at the Innova and I mentioned about this engine stalling problem, as the reply to this thread had been mentioning, they blame the fuel and fuel system but claims that the problem was already solved and it only affected older models.

I would like to ask if the problem was solved already for new models, especially 2010 models. We are choosing between Innova or Tucson but diesel engine of Tucson is not yet out.

Please help.....1M++ for a price tag is not easy to shell out especially if you get a lemon vehicle.

Thanks in advance
    sir...my bro had an innova 08 and last year he started to experience some abnormalities mentioned in this forum...i bought a tucson late 08 and i can say its almost perfect no regrets. my wife is planning to buy a fortuner (because of its looks and the name) but with the issues at their d4d engine, i dont think its the right time to buy a toyota diesel.

we went to toyota dasma to check the latest fortuner and when we asked about the issue they said it was already corrected but they said we can choose the gas variant instead.

for us, we'll have to wait (maybe) until the issue of the D4D engine is resolve before we decide whether to buy a diesel engine from toyota

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    bro if your eyeing for a fortuner, then go with montero sports instead. Specs-wise montero is better.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Ford Everest and Kia Sorento use the Bosch CRDI system.

Mits Montero and Isuzu Alterra use the Denso CRDI system.
    Sir, you may be able to confirm this, I think the Montero has the same platform, engine wise, with the Strada. Isn't it that the strada uses Bosch Common Rail System?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    Sir, you may be able to confirm this, I think the Montero has the same platform, engine wise, with the Strada. Isn't it that the strada uses Bosch Common Rail System?
    The old Strada used a Bosch/Zexel injection pump.

The new Strada and Montero both use the Denso common rail system.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    if they are the same denso system, do both brands share the same parts?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The old Strada used a Bosch/Zexel injection pump.

The new Strada and Montero both use the Denso common rail system.
    Ah okay... Have you noticed sir if the Denso Pump Model being used on Stradas is the same with that of the Innovas?

We have 2 Strada with Common Rail System that has already accumulated about 60Tkm and they are still running fine. I might have read somewhere in tsikot that the Navaras also use Denso CRS.

Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    if they are the same denso system, do both brands share the same parts?
    They may be of the same Denso brand but carry different part numbers. So some parts may be common, and some not.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Ah okay... Have you noticed sir if the Denso Pump Model being used on Stradas is the same with that of the Innovas? Yes, same model, different part numbers.

We have 2 Strada with Common Rail System that has already accumulated about 60Tkm and they are still running fine. Great.

I might have read somewhere in tsikot that the Navaras also use Denso CRS. That is correct.

Thanks. You're welcome.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Ah okay... Have you noticed sir if the Denso Pump Model being used on Stradas is the same with that of the Innovas? Yes, same model, different part numbers.

We have 2 Strada with Common Rail System that has already accumulated about 60Tkm and they are still running fine. Great.

I might have read somewhere in tsikot that the Navaras also use Denso CRS. That is correct.

Thanks. You're welcome.
    Thanks Dieseldude. Just want to clarify that I don't own 2 Stradas. "We" as in our company's business unit where I belong to.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)