New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 65 of 163 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Its really hard to tell if they already cured it. I wasn't aware of the d4d problem when we bought our innova back in 2005, all i have to say is this, the problem only showed late last year, that's 4 years before it showed up, so newer models, well we don't know, there's no guarantee.. If toyota can guarantee you that, then get it, but if you will only believe your sales agent, then no.. Don't buy one, look at other cars instead..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by c2c View Post
    Hi Guys & Gals on this thread!

I'm planning also in buying a diesel engine vehicle for everyday use in the field replacing our Altis 1.8, continue using the Altis is making a big hole in our budget. Anyways, I've been reading about the D4D engine problems, it seems to be like what happened to my trooper before, it just stops and eventually the engine is stalling frequently.

My wife and I just came from a Toyota dealer today to look at the Innova and I mentioned about this engine stalling problem, as the reply to this thread had been mentioning, they blame the fuel and fuel system but claims that the problem was already solved and it only affected older models.

I would like to ask if the problem was solved already for new models, especially 2010 models. We are choosing between Innova or Tucson but diesel engine of Tucson is not yet out.

Please help.....1M++ for a price tag is not easy to shell out especially if you get a lemon vehicle.

Thanks in advance
    Hyundai Getz or Accent.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by brellrain View Post
    Its really hard to tell if they already cured it. I wasn't aware of the d4d problem when we bought our innova back in 2005, all i have to say is this, the problem only showed late last year, that's 4 years before it showed up, so newer models, well we don't know, there's no guarantee.. If toyota can guarantee you that, then get it, but if you will only believe your sales agent, then no.. Don't buy one, look at other cars instead..

This worries me.....

It seems like no one is out of the woods on this issue....

9505:spam:

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Agreed.. You'd never know what might happen, I for one wouldn't gamble my hard earned money for a car that's confirmed to have this problem, and although toyota say they already fixed this and that, sometimes it will take time for the problem to pop up, and worst, it emerges after the 3 year warranty.. Like in our case..

That's one of the reason why I don't understand some people who are still planning on buying innovas, fortuners and hi-luxs', why would you gamble? It's not like toyota are the only brand here in the philippines.. If a close friend/relative asked me what I think about them buying a toyota, I would advise them not to, because I love them..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Biased naman kung tanungin mo ang mga ahente at empleyado ng toyota, ano pa ba isagot nyan kundi "ok na yan sir" "na-solve na 3 years ago"

Sabi ng bayaw ko na ahente sa toyota, meron sila mystery shopper everyday. kasama sa training nila i-deny ang D4D problem. Kahit yung mga problem sa ZZ engine ng altis alam nila.

Pero sabi nya, wag ka na mag diesel ng toyota.. kya I went for the VVti

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yup, any agent will say anything just to get a sale..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by edferrer2000 View Post
    im planning to buy a new deisel car,and im choosing bet FORTUNER AND MONTERO SPORT,

Would you still recommend FORTUNER cosidering the so called D4D problem?
    Or any other brand of deisel car that is better?
    Hyundai Santa Fe

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi Fireblade,

Any news on Toyota?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Hyundai Santa Fe
    Ford Everest, Montero Sport, Isuzu Alterra, Kia Sorento(hopefully they release the Crdi version soon)

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Ford Everest and Kia Sorento use the Bosch CRDI system.

Mits Montero and Isuzu Alterra use the Denso CRDI system.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)