New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 64 of 163 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by let_obet View Post
    We're thinking about buying a new car...would you suggest Fortuner 4x4 V Diesel? Tnx
    if your planning to get the fortuner to evade the innova's d4d problems then bad news. they have the same faulty denso fuel system. mas kilala lang ang innova kasi sa population sa kalye so failure rate nila mas noticeable.

maybe hyundai kia would do better as they have a more reliable system (in diesels)

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Agreed, as much as possible iwasan mo yan.. Mahirap na eh, syempre sa una wala ka pang problems(if you're lucky), pero syempre dahil bago pa, what about in 3 years time? Tapos na ang warranty, paano na? Loom somewhere else na lang bro, dapat kasi ma-boycott ang toyota eh, para makita nila na bulok talaga ang d4d engine nila.. O kaya naman rally, ibang tao rally ng rally sa mendiola, dapat mag rally din tayo sa toyota..:bruce_lee:

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Parang napakatagal na nyan sa casa.... may check engine light pa din, di pa completely fixed, ibabalik mo na naman sa casa....... di mo pa magamit ang Innova mo. Kwawa ka naman. Nakausap mo na ba ang service manager?
    Ayun na nga bro, check daw uli nila hanggang monday..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ISO4113 View Post
    if your planning to get the fortuner to evade the innova's d4d problems then bad news. they have the same faulty denso fuel system. mas kilala lang ang innova kasi sa population sa kalye so failure rate nila mas noticeable.

maybe hyundai kia would do better as they have a more reliable system (in diesels)
    Ito rin ang observation ko, mas reliable ang crdi engine ng hyundai/kia brand compara sa d4d ng toyota. Kahit sa power output mas mataas ang Hyundai/kia for the same engine displacement.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by brellrain View Post
    Ayun na nga bro, check daw uli nila hanggang monday..
    Kausapin mo nang mabuti ang service manager. Balitaan mo kami ha?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Ang hirap naman i-explain nyan? Heto gawin mo: step on the gas pedal kung go; step on the brake peday kung stop.
    He. he. Nice one sir! Siguro ang ibig sabihin ni Wolfhound is how to properly operate an A/T vehicle so that one can maximize performance and most definitely, fuel economy.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Ang hirap naman i-explain nyan? Heto gawin mo: step on the gas pedal kung go; step on the brake peday kung stop.
    ok salamat po..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    im planning to buy a new deisel car,and im choosing bet FORTUNER AND MONTERO SPORT,

Would you still recommend FORTUNER cosidering the so called D4D problem?
    Or any other brand of deisel car that is better?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Update lang, toyota quezon avenue said that the check engine light was due to the Exhaust Gas Sensor(EGR sensor), it needs replacement daw.. 9700 yung sensor then 600 for the labor.. I pulled it out, so far wala naman na stalling eh.. I was able to find a supplier in Banawe called ECL, 8800 lang daw.. Will try this week to have it replaced..

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi Guys & Gals on this thread!

I'm planning also in buying a diesel engine vehicle for everyday use in the field replacing our Altis 1.8, continue using the Altis is making a big hole in our budget. Anyways, I've been reading about the D4D engine problems, it seems to be like what happened to my trooper before, it just stops and eventually the engine is stalling frequently.

My wife and I just came from a Toyota dealer today to look at the Innova and I mentioned about this engine stalling problem, as the reply to this thread had been mentioning, they blame the fuel and fuel system but claims that the problem was already solved and it only affected older models.

I would like to ask if the problem was solved already for new models, especially 2010 models. We are choosing between Innova or Tucson but diesel engine of Tucson is not yet out.

Please help.....1M++ for a price tag is not easy to shell out especially if you get a lemon vehicle.

Thanks in advance

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)