New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 61 of 163 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    This is the configuration of the new style pump.

But to say that this new design has fully resolved the problem remains to be seen as it takes some time to evaluate a product's performance.

I have asked my diesel colleagues in Asia about this new pump. Feedback is that it has not fully corrected the D4D problem; there has been a noticeable improvement though..... less unexpected choking.
    hi.can this problem be remedied by regular maintenance like changing the fuel filter, air filter, etc every so often? tia

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    My latest email to them dated 2.10.2010....

As agreed last Monday, I am forwarding to you a short list of Toyota owners who may have problems or concern with their D4D engine. Please communicate with them through the Customer Service team of TMP. Let me know when it is best to meet up again for a follow through of our first meeting so we may track our progress. Next week is fine by me, we should have accomplished something by then.

More power.

Best,

The attachment contains the name of the owner or handle in the forums, their mobile number , concerns, and boards where it was sourced.

Hope this helps peeps....

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by blackknight_66 View Post
    hi.can this problem be remedied by regular maintenance like changing the fuel filter, air filter, etc every so often? tia
    This is good practice which may lessen the problem. However, it will not totally cure it.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    This is good practice which may lessen the problem. However, it will not totally cure it.
    Parang band aid lang iyan kasi di naman nagawa kung ano talaga ang problema. Maari lang na medyo malayo ang gap ng problema..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ersatz0906 View Post
    "the problem with the D4D isn't actually the engine itself, but more on the fuel filtering/delivery. madumi kasi ang diesel fuel natin dito, marami sediments, nagipon ang sediments at bumara sa filter, in turn, hindi umaabot sa engine ang diesel fuel. pinalitan na lahat ng filters sa assembly line, kaya lahat ng releases starting 2006, no problems na."
    From SA of Toyota Makati...they are a plant-owned dealership, sabi nya

so sana post nyo rin what month and year did you purchase your D4D
    thanks
    but why do i hear different noise from the engin before it breaks down..but definitely aside from the fuel pump that has to be changed on the fortuner and its sucking rear suspesion, everything's well and prestigious..

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    TMPs reply as of this morning.....

Dear Mr. Fajardo,

I would like to acknowledge the data you sent us, on behalf of ________________________. She is currently attending to an official business out of town.

We kindly take this opportunity to thank you for giving us the chance to meet with you and discuss your concern. We will be coordinating with all the departments concerned and the management. And we will inform you on the progress of our actions accordingly.

Please feel free to communicate with us regarding this matter.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    How about pull down/cleaning the EGR every 20,000kms?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    i also have a 2005 diesel innova G. i never had a problem with it till lately. my innova is having problems on start up. you need to accelerate in order for it to start at normal idle speed. maybe you have any suggestion on what to do. does anybody experienced this kind of problem maybe you can share it. we have already changed the fuel filter assembly but still the problem is unsolved. we really need help.

clintoy.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    ang phil hino ata sister company ng toyota.
    I think Toyota owns Hino. Makes me wonder about Hino engines heheh. If the fuel pump is the problem, I wonder how much replacing the whole system would cost? Can't Toyota offer a better diesel delivery system?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    We're thinking about buying a new car...would you suggest Fortuner 4x4 V Diesel? Tnx

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)