New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 60 of 163 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Is this applicable to Cebu owners too? hehe

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    thank you very much po sir fireblade for your effort and concern with regards to d4d problems.. i am a new d4d hilux owner and as of now there's no problem with my unit yet, i've to keep my fingers crossed..but for those who have problems already this will be a great oppurtunity for the problematic d4d to have someone to help and thanks to the tmp to listen..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Is this applicable to Cebu owners too? hehe

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    Silly me! I took a second look and noticed the longer cylindrical portion at the bottom portion compared to that of the old style pump. Is this the suction control valve? I quickly noticed the fuel port (suction line?) difference.
    Yes it is.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    Thanks Dieseldude. It looks like I have the old style pump because of that short suction line. Between the two, the only noticeable difference, at least from the outside, is the suction line. Makes me wonder and to repeat a question posted previously, can a Bosch injection pump be fitted in place of the original one? Do you make such work in your shop as modifying portions of the fuel system? Just an exploratory question actually. Thanks in advance.
    No, we cannot install a Bosch CR pump to replace Denso. Mechanical fitment is different. The electronic control systems are also different.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by auto_fanatic View Post
    ------------------------------------------------

If Isuzu Alterra also uses the Denso CRDi system, just like Toyota D4D equipped vehicles, which also uses the Denso CRDi system, why are all the complaints coming from Toyota D4D owners? Why there seems to be no complaints coming from Isuzu Alterra owners?
    Meron din, I know a guy from Bicol who had his engine stalled. I suppose Isuzu already fixed the problem.

Natakot naman ako dito. My unit is the 2007 model. So far so good. I hope I don't get the same problem.

I think it is very irresponsible for TMP to say that we should wait for the engine to conk out before they do anything about it. What if we're on the expressway or on some provincial road in the middle of the night and the engine chokes?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by auto_fanatic View Post
    ------------------------------------------------

Yung Toyota naman kasi is known for its reliable gas engines but not for its diesel engines. Pag diesel engines, magaling yata diyan yung Isuzu (not sure).
    you are right auto fanatic toyota is known for gas engines not diesel engines, sa dami ng nilabas nilang diesel engines palpak lahat isa pa d ba wala sila nilabas na truck using diesel engine.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    tamaraw fx 2c engine, matibay ba? diesel yun.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by marz View Post
    you are right auto fanatic toyota is known for gas engines not diesel engines, sa dami ng nilabas nilang diesel engines palpak lahat isa pa d ba wala sila nilabas na truck using diesel engine.
    ---------------------------------------------

Dati during late 1970s and early 1980s may mga Toyota trucks na diesel. However, karamihan ng mag diesel na trucks are Isuzu, Fuso, and Hino.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ang phil hino ata sister company ng toyota.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)