New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 59 of 163 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hello Tsikot,

I am DieselDude's son. This is the difference between the old Denso HP pump with the new Denso HP pump.

Old Style, notice the short suction control valve.

New style, elongated suction control valve to improve pump's reliability and performance.

Talk to you soon guys,

ISO4113 - JASON -

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
    Guys, need your help here.. i went to a gas station for fuel refill. my fuel gauge had a warning sign ON. I told the gas boy full tank until 1 click.. it clicked eventhough gauge still in 3/4 position. the gas boy told me it is normal if the nozzle detects hotness or pressure from the gas tank.. im not sure if i will believe him...any idea?
    That's normal minsan natatalsikan lang ng gasoline yung lid ng gas pump so nag aautomatic off na. Happened to me once. Try mo pa sagad then see the result if it will have the same reading.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ISO4113 View Post
    Hello Tsikot,

I am DieselDude's son. This is the difference between the old Denso HP pump with the new Denso HP pump.

Old Style, notice the short suction control valve.

New style, elongated suction control valve to improve pump's reliability and performance.

Talk to you soon guys,

ISO4113 - JASON -
    Is this the evidence that new innova model using the new denso pump would be free from the D4D problem?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Please do post the pictures. I will carry my notebook and broadband to show to them how consumers feel about their product.
    Hi Fireblade,

Here's the link to the pictures and my newly created thread Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Is this the evidence that new innova model using the new denso pump would be free from the D4D problem?
    then what about the older version of Toyota (Innova) D4D?

does it mean that we have to suffer from these problems, since, too bad, for Toyota as they have not discovered it and we Toyota Innova 2005 - and so on are just too excited to buy so we have to suffer the consequences on having an Innova first ed.?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    This is the configuration of the new style pump.

But to say that this new design has fully resolved the problem remains to be seen as it takes some time to evaluate a product's performance.

I have asked my diesel colleagues in Asia about this new pump. Feedback is that it has not fully corrected the D4D problem; there has been a noticeable improvement though..... less unexpected choking.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post

But to say that this new design has fully resolved the problem remains to be seen as it takes some time to evaluate a product's performance.

I have asked my diesel colleagues in Asia about this new pump. Feedback is that it has not fully corrected the D4D problem; there has been a noticeable improvement though..... less unexpected choking.
    Thanks Dieseldude. It looks like I have the old style pump because of that short suction line. Between the two, the only noticeable difference, at least from the outside, is the suction line. Makes me wonder and to repeat a question posted previously, can a Bosch injection pump be fitted in place of the original one? Do you make such work in your shop as modifying portions of the fuel system? Just an exploratory question actually. Thanks in advance.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post

Silly me! I took a second look and noticed the longer cylindrical portion at the bottom portion compared to that of the old style pump. Is this the suction control valve? I quickly noticed the fuel port (suction line?) difference.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Update on our meeting :

Met with a senior executive of TMP and her group manager at 10am today. Meeting was very cordial as they are very much willing to listen. Showed them the posts here in FCP and in Tsikot and have agreed that they will seriously look into it. They will take this up with senior management so positive action will be planned and executed.

Couple of suggestions that I made which they will seriously consider :

1. Setting up of a quick action center or hotline to address the D4D problem
    a. I will be forwarding to them the numbers of those who are affected and they should get in touch with these owners for possible remedies
    b. Instead of the dealership calling, it will be TMP customer service who will be dedicated to solve the issues

2. Extension of warranty for those beyond three years (just for the supply pump) until they can say that the D4d problem is close to zero

3. They will generate the database from their dealerships of owners who have complained and possibly still awaiting actions

4. Possible Focus Group Discussion with concerned owners and TMP to address common issues

5. They will monitor both FCP and tsikot for other concerns that I have not raised. (btw , I also included the issue on the Innova gas tank)

Meeting adjourned at 1120am

I will keep you posted as they have given me numbers if nothing has been done.

Thank you for your support.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Is this applicable to Cebu owners too? hehe

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)