New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 55 of 163 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    I am not even affected anymore (my D4D was already sold) but would like to help out. Are you prepared to form a group of D4D owners that will go head on with TMP to finally address the issue and stop the case to case approach and it is under warranty anyway reply.

Remember that this will take time, effort and money to progress. Will you just sit down and watch from where you are right now or do you want to help? We will make this as structured as we can by setting a SMART mission and vision. I am giving this thread a week to progress, if not I will quite know where you stand.

I created a separate thread for this and you may want to post your reply there.

Thank you .

1. Fireblade - 09228905142 / 5148755

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Toyota Phils. VP for Customer Service Vitaliano Mamawal III was interviewed by Pinky Webb in her DZMM program with Ted Failon. He pointed out to Pinky that the problem of D4-D engines is the dirty fuel here, and those who had D4-D problems comprised only a small percentage, and does not neccesitate a massive recall of Innovas, Fortuners, and Hiluxes with the 2.5 D4-D. Just bring the vehicles to the Toyota dealers if we encountered the D4-D problem. What a wrong statement and move by Toyota. tsktsk
    It seems that Mr. Vitaliano is trying to save Toyota and Denso from a costly recall at the expense of his Filipino countrymen.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    It seems that Mr. Vitaliano is trying to save Toyota and Denso from a costly recall at the expense of his Filipino countrymen.
    Welcome to the Philippines where consumer protection is near ZERO. Basta just be wary of the Denso D-4D's... You have been warned! If you feel like gambling its up to you?

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Welcome to the Philippines where consumer protection is near ZERO. Basta just be wary of the Denso D-4D's... You have been warned! If you feel like gambling its up to you?

Way OT tidus, this is for a cause. Kindly create another thread.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Way OT tidus, this is for a cause. Kindly create another thread.
    Not really I was answering Dieseldudes statement... And we are at the D4D Problem thread and not your newly created thread of which I support you guys by the way! Although I won't commit resources since di naman ako biktima nyan... Moral support lang!

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Not really I was answering Dieseldudes statement... And we are at the D4D Problem thread and not your newly created thread of which I support you guys by the way! Although I won't commit resources since di naman ako biktima nyan... Moral support lang!
    You are right , my apologies My brain's fuel pump not working, baka Denso din he he

Kindest regards to you and your family.Not yet done with the Tucson. i might want to try Sta Fe in the futue, very good reviews!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    My interview with ABS CBN shown tonight. Hoping to get results.

My former ride, 2008 Innova model G with D4D engine, AT transmission...

YouTube- Interview about Toyota recall by ABS CBN reporter TJ Manotoc

sir, saludo ako sa inyo.. sana mapa-amin toyota PH

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Sayang at hindi marunong sa kotse yung naginterview. Hindi ko lang narinig yung interview kaya I don't know exactly how it went on. Pero to just accept Mr. Mamawal's reasoning is plain BS. Sorry baka bawal pero nakakairita lang kasi kapag obvious na nagdadahilan lang. At the end of the day and as I was pointing out, kung nagiba sila nang design simply means the previous one is faulty at tiyempo lang yung mga hindi problematic?!

Dieseldude, is the injection pump easily visible within the engine bay? Baka kasi puedeng icompare sa bagong modelo then we owners could make a case with toyota pursuing what Fireblade has suggested/started. This can be the technical focal point as it has been identified that the common problem is within this particular part of the engine.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    guys may tanong ako yung innova namin ayaw mawala yung fuel indicator at minsan lumalabas check engine indicator. yung choking nangyayari rin pag unang start at minsan ay nangyayari yung pumapalya. saan ka may problema? what's the solution?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Choking ? Simple. D4D din iyan.

That`s one of the D4D engine problems.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)