New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 54 of 163 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    You are absolutely right about my trial of the Carens. Overall, I am still happy with my choice. The resale of my Innova was very very strong despite me telling the buyer about the problem. Yes, they were able to solve it after 3 tries and my confidence was back when it did not happen 1.5 years after the third replacement. Nevertheless, I went for gas this time with another Toyota model.
    Sir fireblade,
    Do you think it's ok to buy a 2010 Innova D4D A/T with the current situation? We've decided kasi to purchase one but having 2nd thoughts and considering the Carens and the Grand Livina. Thanks so much.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Toyota Phils. VP for Customer Service Vitaliano Mamawal III was interviewed by Pinky Webb in her DZMM program with Ted Failon. He pointed out to Pinky that the problem of D4-D engines is the dirty fuel here, and those who had D4-D problems comprised only a small percentage, and does not neccesitate a massive recall of Innovas, Fortuners, and Hiluxes with the 2.5 D4-D. Just bring the vehicles to the Toyota dealers if we encountered the D4-D problem. What a wrong statement and move by Toyota. tsktsk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Hey bro,

i have a 2008 innova V. pumunta akong sagada. meron isang matarik daan doon, bigla na lang akong tumigil (umaandar pa makina), then rest ko ng mga 1 min. din takbo uli pero naramdaman ko na humina ang takbo. ganoon din nangyari s baguio. reklamo ko sa commonwealth av toyota, wala naman daw problem. pero duda talaga ako. can somebody tell me pls, what seems to be the problem...thanks..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Hey bro,

i have a 2008 innova V. pumunta akong sagada. meron isang matarik daan doon, bigla na lang akong tumigil (umaandar pa makina), then rest ko ng mga 1 min. din takbo uli pero naramdaman ko na humina ang takbo. ganoon din nangyari s baguio. reklamo ko sa commonwealth av toyota, wala naman daw problem. pero duda talaga ako. can somebody tell me pls, what seems to be the problem...thanks..

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Toyota Phils. VP for Customer Service Vitaliano Mamawal III was interviewed by Pinky Webb in her DZMM program with Ted Failon. He pointed out to Pinky that the problem of D4-D engines is the dirty fuel here, and those who had D4-D problems comprised only a small percentage, and does not neccesitate a massive recall of Innovas, Fortuners, and Hiluxes with the 2.5 D4-D. Just bring the vehicles to the Toyota dealers if we encountered the D4-D problem. What a wrong statement and move by Toyota. tsktsk

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    He is not exactly lying by saying our fuel is dirty but then again why do Hyundai CRDi and other brands don't experience this? We all use the same fuel! It is obvious that the Denso Toyota D4-D is inferior to the Hyundai Bosch CRDi!!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i have a 3 week old hilux 2.5 d4d..my wife and i noticed that whenever we alight from our truck there seems to be a ground or static electricity whenever you touch anywhere from the door area..ang nakapagtataka ay kahit sa rubber sa side ng door ay may ground din lalo sa door handle..dinala ko sa dealer sa bicutan at ang sabi nung service advisor dun ay natural lang daw yun..tama ba ang sagot nya? kasi parang di acceptable ang sagot kasi ngayun lang nangyari ito at considering na hindi ito ang aming first car at nakakasakay din naman ako sa ibang sasakyan..di kaya delikado ito kasi baka may mali sa electrical wiring or sa grounding ng toyota..? kasi sabi din sakin ng s.a. ay yung altis nya ay may ground din kaya tuwing isasara nya ang pinto ay sa window sya humahawak..tnx

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    2005 innova G AT, started having fuel supply pump at around 5,000kms.
    had my ECU reprogrammed a total of 3 times before toyota replaced my fuel pump around 16,000kms (this was 2months before my warranty was to expire.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post

I would have given him a straight answer that no dealership can answer. What if it happened to him and he was overtaking and another vehicle from other side is about to hit him. I have done customer service in my professional career for more than 15 years, he does not know what he is saying. It is not the fuel! I already submitted a sample of the Petron Diesel Maxx to Toyota and they said that it wasnt the problem but the fuel pump supplied by Denso. Yes, twas a lie that he is saying!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    kung Denso ang problema ay pwede ba tayo magpalit ng Bosch? just asking kung posible to..

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)