New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 53 of 163 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Its about time that TMPI should address this issue...they're #1 and they should prioritize responding to this problem.

At least, media has already stepped in.

Hope we get to see some results.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    clear copy...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejLYXmLItoI]Pinoys with Toyotas worried over recalls[/ame]

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Saw it last night, bravo! I'm just wondering what will happen to those units that are no longer covered by warranty.. That's the biggest problem.. Units affected by this problem who's still covered by warranty might have a chance, how about those with expired warranty e.g. O6-07 below models?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Ang galing mo boss Fireblade!Napanood ko kagabi yung interview sayo!!

Sana ayusin na nang TMPC ang D-4D problem nayan sa 06-08 Innovas at Fortuners.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Even if your D4-D is fine nothing can escape the fact that its performance is substandard to the competition with the same displacement from other manufacturers (Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Ford and the Germans). I will be bold enough to say that the Hyundai/Kia CRDi has no disadvantage at all over a comparable Toyota D4-D... Maybe price but it comes with quality anyway so its a no issue...
    Kia (CRDi) = Talo sa price, Panalo sa overall performance

As far as I can recall, sir Fireblade even tried (for two weeks) and even seriously considered purchasing the Kia Carens but the Innova eventually prevailed...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Heard the interview over the radio also. Thanks for the youtube copy!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    1 year na ung hilux namin pero up to now wala pa problem.. change oil lang..

one time i saw a santa fe.. tapos may white na usok.. ouch

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin3000 View Post
    1 year na ung hilux namin pero up to now wala pa problem.. change oil lang..

one time i saw a santa fe.. tapos may white na usok.. ouch
    Hindi kaya gas engine ang SF na nakita mo?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    normal sa diesel engine yung may usok lalo na sa biglang arangkada.. sa mga bago common rail engines sa una wala pa usok pero pag mataas na odo mo say 20k sure may usok na din yan sa arangkada.. take note sa arangkada lang pero pag umuusok yung tambutso mo while cruising yun ang may problema... given the quality of diesel dito sa pinas even BMW diesel engines walang ligtas sa usok.. kung maganda lang diesel natin dito sa pinas baka kahit old school diesel engine eh walang usok.. kaso madumi talaga eh

yung usok na grayish normal lang pero yung bluish, at heavy black ang masama

may nakita ako sa SLEX mga 3 weeks ako yung new model ng pajero umuusok as in heavy black while cruising SLEX at 60kph...

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanren View Post
    Kia (CRDi) = Talo sa price, Panalo sa overall performance

As far as I can recall, sir Fireblade even tried (for two weeks) and even seriously considered purchasing the Kia Carens but the Innova eventually prevailed...
    You are absolutely right about my trial of the Carens. Overall, I am still happy with my choice. The resale of my Innova was very very strong despite me telling the buyer about the problem. Yes, they were able to solve it after 3 tries and my confidence was back when it did not happen 1.5 years after the third replacement. Nevertheless, I went for gas this time with another Toyota model.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)