New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 52 of 163 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_doods View Post
    Our 8 month old innova d4d were one of the victims of typhoon Ondoy and after spending almost 4 months at the casa for "restoration", we finally get the car 2 weeks ago. Can you guys suggest/recommend a good auto repair shop that i can bring our innova because honestly i'm not going to bring our innova to the casa anymore. Puro sakit lang ng ulo ang inabot namin dealing with the casa with regards to their service, the warranty of the car were void anyway since it was a flooded vehicle. The car were running ok for some time but lately, the engine won't start, meron po tunog ng "click" lang pero ok naman po baterya kasi i've already checked. Ano po kaya cause nun? Sometimes, it start on the second attempt, sometimes one click lang sya, pero lately pahirapan na pag-start ng engine eh. Thanks po!!
    sir malamang starter problema ng innova mo cause i experience that on my kia van na nalubog sa ondoy. pinalinis ko lang stater kay rey electrical sa d. tuazon, marikina. sure alam mo location ng shop cause marikina area ka rin.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post
    pwede rin maki join yung mga taga club to support their move... kasi kahit yung vvti namin may gas tank leak issue before but they did not issue any recall or shoulder the expenses unless ma discover mo within the warranty period and if they will admit that indeed there is an gas tank leak issue... pag wala na sa warranty or they did not admit you have to shell out your hard earned money...

Sir, they replaced the fuel tank of my innova gas tank which has leaked. They replaced it for free. I suggest you just have to be firmed with your demand. They just asked me to wtite a letter requesting them to fixed the problem at no extra cost.BTW, my CASA is Toyota Pasig

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pda1211 View Post
    Sir, they replaced the fuel tank of my innova gas tank which has leaked. They replaced it for free. I suggest you just have to be firmed with your demand. They just asked me to wtite a letter requesting them to fixed the problem at no extra cost.BTW, my CASA is Toyota Pasig
    Had my VVTi Innova twice on gas tank replacement due to leak and mysterious dent just underneath the front strap support.

The first replacement was claimed using insurance because I thought it was dented by hard object, but on the second time it was still the same area with same dent and same leak position, then I already claimed it as warranty.

Negative pressure on the tank creates huge dent on the tank floor, sucking it upward and when the engine is off the negative pressure diminishes and the floor flop to its original position, this constant flopping of gas tank floor creates cracks and gas leaks. On warranty claim, they replace gas tank assembly, filler cap, and charcoal canister.

Up to now my gas tank is still okay, culprit would possibly be the faulty filler cap or the faulty charcoal canister as they were not replaced on my first gas tank replacement problem.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by marz View Post
    sir malamang starter problema ng innova mo cause i experience that on my kia van na nalubog sa ondoy. pinalinis ko lang stater kay rey electrical sa d. tuazon, marikina. sure alam mo location ng shop cause marikina area ka rin.
    Starter nga po ang problema. Brought the car at rey electrical and they did some cleaning of the starter and replaced the corroded parts inside. I also had the rear air-con blower checked, and they also fixed the blower. Thanks to Toyota Ayala for not checking those electrical components of our poor idiota innova. I'm not bringing back our idiota innova at any toyota casa ever.
    Thanks for recommending that particular shop here in marikina.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    My interview with ABS CBN shown tonight. Hoping to get results.

My former ride, 2008 Innova model G with D4D engine, AT transmission...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OXRlTm--o0"]YouTube- Interview about Toyota recall by ABS CBN reporter TJ Manotoc[/ame]

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post

Sana nga mapaamin ng TMPI na may problema...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Good one! Getting the media involved is a big way to make those lazy asses of TMPI move! Toyota D4-D sucks! Mag Hyundai CRDi na lang kayo best in class!

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Good one! Getting the media involved is a big way to make those lazy asses of TMPI move! Toyota D4-D sucks! Mag Hyundai CRDi na lang kayo best in class!

Di naman , but it hurts really if you are affected just like mine. Anyways, I also have a Hyundai CRDI and it rocks. They both have plusses and minusses.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Even if your D4-D is fine nothing can escape the fact that its performance is substandard to the competition with the same displacement from other manufacturers (Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Ford and the Germans). I will be bold enough to say that the Hyundai/Kia CRDi has no disadvantage at all over a comparable Toyota D4-D... Maybe price but it comes with quality anyway so its a no issue...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post

YouTube- Interview about Toyota recall by ABS CBN reporter TJ Manotoc
    Youtube is blocked in our office connection. But was it you last night? I saw that. I hope this will initiate the possible recall on the Toyota D4Ds. I don't have any problems with my unit (Nov. '07) as of the moment and "Knock on Wood" I hope I don't experience any in the future but it will be very comforting to know that Toyota will Proactively respond. They have been very reactive so far because of the non-existent Lemon law here in the PI.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)