New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 50 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    been reading this thread for days now. planning to buy Innova G A/t diesel, actually nakapila na po me. With all the deffects regarding fuel pump I'm having second thoughts. I did ask the toyota people regarding this, they told me the issue was resolved. 2008 and up model WALA NA DAW ISSUE?????
    Pls. help if those facts are true. na solve na nga ba, they say bigger injection pump, dual fuel filter, longer injection pump hose, etc. any info will be greatly appreciated.

Last night it's my 1st hand information from innova owner G A/T diesel. Her innova 4yrs. old with odo 70kms. most of the time just died down. She already call tyta cubao regarding this, she was told about the dirty diesel we have here, injection pump will be clean, siempre with charge kasi tapos na ang warranty. Cubao told her repair will be 2days.
    All that was written here are true regarding dirty diesel as alibi. But why only toyota crdi??

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    dont rely too much sa casa. try mo sa iba may kilala ako dyan sa binondo manila specialized in crdi. maybe they can solve your car problem

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bencel View Post
    been reading this thread for days now. planning to buy Innova G A/t diesel, actually nakapila na po me. With all the deffects regarding fuel pump I'm having second thoughts. I did ask the toyota people regarding this, they told me the issue was resolved. 2008 and up model WALA NA DAW ISSUE?????
    Pls. help if those facts are true. na solve na nga ba, they say bigger injection pump, dual fuel filter, longer injection pump hose, etc. any info will be greatly appreciated.

Last night it's my 1st hand information from innova owner G A/T diesel. Her innova 4yrs. old with odo 70kms. most of the time just died down. She already call tyta cubao regarding this, she was told about the dirty diesel we have here, injection pump will be clean, siempre with charge kasi tapos na ang warranty. Cubao told her repair will be 2days.
    All that was written here are true regarding dirty diesel as alibi. But why only toyota crdi??
    What is true is that these dealers make ALIBI's for their products' issues/problems. Do not just believe them outright. I'm not biased against Toyota as I own an Innova D4D. Knowing the fuel issues in the first place, they should make the necessary adjustments in their design as fuel quality is not something they have control over, much less us car owners. Puro palusot lang ang ginagawa nila. If those bigger injection pump, dual fuel filter and longer injection pump hose are their solution then they should apply it to previous models accordingly without cost to the owners. Sir, is it possible for you to get this information in writing from your contact in Toyota? Maisampal lang ba sa mukha nila.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bencel View Post

Sir based on what you've read the unit as you said is already 4 years old so technically its an 05 model, that's why they have that issues. If I were you get the VVTI - Gas variant for peace of mind besides diesel & gas doesn't have that much of a price gap anyway.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    good day, guys

patulong lang please. hindi ko mahanap post na sinabi kung saan nagpagawa yung hindi pantay na innova. yung may tilt that favors one side. mas mataas right side kesa sa left/driver side.

was it toyota north balintawak or otis? what was the part that was replaced?

sagarin ko na, sa nag post ng sagot previously, sino po mekanikong gumawa or contact person. para sana wala na masyadong maraming tanong at alam na gagawin.

pasensya na po sa demanding na request.

maraming salamat!

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    marami pong salamat sa lahat ng nag reply sa tanung ko, fyi, my innova is an automatic. I will definitely mention this on my next periodic maintenance.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    greetings to all....
    guyz and gals I would need your help and expert advise on this....
    My engine was just newly started and been idle or leave it running for a minute or two, when I drove the vehicle for at least 3-5 minutes of driving, there was a humps, of course I need to slow down or stop, namatay ang engine ko.... I started it immediately, nagstart naman kaagad ang engine, pero I didnt like the sound as there was like hammering sound on the engine, some say parang may garalgal sound sa engine.... so I turned off the engine, and waited for a minute or two, then started it, now the unusual peculiar sound was gone....
    ano po kaya ngyari sa engine?
    does it need some calibration or something?
    I got a 2005 Innova J D4D M/T; and is 71k on the Odo
    tnx.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ajOT View Post
    greetings to all....
    guyz and gals I would need your help and expert advise on this....
    My engine was just newly started and been idle or leave it running for a minute or two, when I drove the vehicle for at least 3-5 minutes of driving, there was a humps, of course I need to slow down or stop, namatay ang engine ko.... I started it immediately, nagstart naman kaagad ang engine, pero I didnt like the sound as there was like hammering sound on the engine, some say parang may garalgal sound sa engine.... so I turned off the engine, and waited for a minute or two, then started it, now the unusual peculiar sound was gone....
    ano po kaya ngyari sa engine?
    does it need some calibration or something?
    I got a 2005 Innova J D4D M/T; and is 71k on the Odo
    tnx.
    sounds like na-ipit ang starter gear mo?...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    sounds like na-ipit ang starter gear mo?...
    starter gear ko naipit? where is the starter gear located on an Innova?

some people say, its the fuel pump.....

anyway NOW, my Innova is running great again.... didn't do anything at all, just happened on that one particular day and it didnt repeated again.... went to a mechanic, but the symptom didnt appear, was just advised to bring it back when symptom occurs (hoping not)....

tnx

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Our 8 month old innova d4d were one of the victims of typhoon Ondoy and after spending almost 4 months at the casa for "restoration", we finally get the car 2 weeks ago. Can you guys suggest/recommend a good auto repair shop that i can bring our innova because honestly i'm not going to bring our innova to the casa anymore. Puro sakit lang ng ulo ang inabot namin dealing with the casa with regards to their service, the warranty of the car were void anyway since it was a flooded vehicle. The car were running ok for some time but lately, the engine won't start, meron po tunog ng "click" lang pero ok naman po baterya kasi i've already checked. Ano po kaya cause nun? Sometimes, it start on the second attempt, sometimes one click lang sya, pero lately pahirapan na pag-start ng engine eh. Thanks po!!

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)